Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-09-2008, 11:53 AM   #1  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Default Patheticness of Me

Okay, I'm PMSing, so ....

After so long of NOT losing a single pound/ounce/milli-ounce, I have been trying to track some accomplishments in different ways, you know, get some "good vibes" in other forms. Such as my swimming for an hour a day... which did succeed in taking almost an inch (total) from my thighs... and the fact that I gave up junk food (still didn't lose any weight, but I did give it up...) & stuff like that.

Well, now I can kick myself in the buttocks once again, because yesterday, I really fell completely off the wagon.

In addition to my regular healthy foods, I had

* 2 bags of Amos Chocolate Chip Cookies
* 1 Peanut M&Ms
* 4 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

Shame, shame, shame. And lots of self-hate at this moment. After so much time of "no junk food", my hormones went completely insane on me & I just destroyed my good intentions in a single afternoon.

I'm so tired of doing "Everything Right" & it not making a difference at all... I guess I just imploded yesterday, & in my "who cares anymore" attitude I just let it all go.

And today I'm bleeding, I'm cramping, & I'm crying. My size 14 jeans are way too tight, and my bra-fat is so disgusting that I'm considering burning all my bras.

Perimenopause sux.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/173.6/145

Height: 5'7"

Ok, so you ate some less than stellar food. That does not make you pathetic!

My first thought is that maybe you need to mix things up to get your body back to losing. If you're calories and exercise have been basically the same you may want to try bumping your calories up by a couple hundred or changing up your exercise routine.

PMS'ing does suck but it'll pass. Vary up your plan some and get back to kicking booty.
MotoMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

You're not pathetic. You're a normal woman. You have normal feelings. Of course you reacted the way you did! Hormones are horrible.
Treat yourself kindly and forgive yourself. All the hard work you have been doing is paying off, you just can't see it right now.
You need a hug and some soup. No, I said 'soup!'
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:12 PM   #4  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:31 PM   #5  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Patrol View Post

In addition to my regular healthy foods, I had

* 2 bags of Amos Chocolate Chip Cookies
* 1 Peanut M&Ms
* 4 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

Perimenopause sux.
First, I'd like to say that you are not pathetic, only human.
Second, I'm seeing a trend in your craving-chocolate, chocolate, chocolate. Have you tried feeding those chocolate cravings with some dark chocolate so they don't turn into a grazing frenzy? When I was in the peri- and pms phase, I would want chocolate soooooo bad and I read somewhere to go ahead and feed the craving, but to eat dark chocolate, like ghirardelli 60% cacao dark chocolate squares. Believe it or not, 1 or 2 of those little 55 calorie squares would cure the craving completely- I mean, permanently, and i wouldn't want chocolate again until the next month! It might be worth a try if you haven't done that already.

Last, now that I'm in full menopause I almost never crave chocolate anymore! So, that's something to look forward to.....of course, then you have to put up with the hot flashes, but I've been wondering...how many calories does a hot flash burn?
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 04:21 PM   #6  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

I wish the dark chocolate thing worked for me. :\ I feel your pain; I went crazy with the PMS this month too, except that I ate donuts () and now I am paying for it with a major breakout. My skin is so gorgeous when I'm off the sugar, so I don't know why I fall down just because of some hormones. We lose all sense when our internal chemistry goes crazy, but it doesn't make us pathetic.

Hang in there!

Last edited by thistoo; 09-09-2008 at 04:21 PM.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 04:22 PM   #7  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Hi Beach Patrol;
Don't feel all pathetic because you're not.
I'm kind of a 'big picture' sort of gal so bear with me here;a couple of M&M's are what they are, just a couple of M&M's. You can put it behind you and move on.
I like that you wrote that in addition to your regular healthy foods you ate the m&ms. It sounds like you know what wellness is for you and that is important.
I know what you mean when you say that you're tired of doing everything right. But remember that you're doing everything right for yourself and for your health. Hugs.
greeneggsandtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 04:31 PM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh come now. YOU'RE pathetic??? With all that you've been going through, you FINALLY caved and had a few off plan items and you call that pathetic? Aren't you being a tad hard on yourself?

And let me tell you something missy, if you're pathetic for eating those foods, then so am I and then so is I'd venture to say every single person here at 3FC and not here at 3FC.

This is just a small blip in the road. Pick yourself up and move right along. Right along.

These things ARE going to happen from time to time.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 04:49 PM   #9  
Wastin' Away Again!

I'm so upset with myself, I changed my avatar. I'm tired of seeing the body I had three years ago.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:21 PM   #10  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Lookin' good BEACH!! New avatar--nice!

OK. Now lessee. You are "kinda sorta" maintaining, because you have been unable to lose any further at this point. I'm at that place myself. And so, you ate those items because you have PMS.

Well, I agree with rockinrobin, these things ARE going to happen! But look, if you are truly maintaining, you can work them in to your weekly plan. You know that.

The thing about your choices that I'd say you could improve is--quality. If you are going to have a chocolate chip cookie, or some candy, make it the absolute BEST you can get! Otherwise, why take in those calories?

If I'm heading for ice cream, it is not going to be a stupid shake from McD's. It's going to be hand-packed gourmet! If I'm thinking of french fries, it's not going to be ANY fast food fry--it's going to be real potatoes with the skin on cooked in fresh oil, like mom used to make. And so on. And if the best thing isn't available... then I don't have anything. Because I don't care to indulge in crap! Chocolate? Ghirardelli 60% cocoa dark chocolate, or small squares of real Belgian chocolate.

Just some ideas, Beach Patrol. It makes cravings a little easier to deal with if you know you're going for quality.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 05:31 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Beach Patrol...for whatever it is worth, when I was in perimenopause my PMS and cravings escalated unbelievably, much worse than before. (I never believed in hormones until then, but I turned into a total b**** on a monthly basis, so bad I thought I should come with a warning sign.)

The good news is that like Ronni, once full menopause hit...the cravings and pms disappeared magically. After years of calling myself a chocoholic...I like the stuff but no cravings and find it relatively easy to resist! (I shock even myself writing that.)

Hang in there...you are NOT pathetic, you are beautiful and human. Remember, you tripped down a stair, don't respond by throwing yourself down the whole flight!
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:20 PM   #12  
Wastin' Away Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora123a View Post
Beach Patrol...for whatever it is worth, when I was in perimenopause my PMS and cravings escalated unbelievably, much worse than before.
THANK YOU. I mean SERIOUSLY! - I swear I was beginning to think that I was going crazy, thinking that these "cravings" were worse than they've ever been - EVER.

Quote:
The good news is that like Ronni, once full menopause hit...the cravings and pms disappeared magically. After years of calling myself a chocoholic...I like the stuff but no cravings and find it relatively easy to resist! (I shock even myself writing that.)
OH god, I hope! But I wonder how LONG this PERImenopause will last...? Ugh.

Quote:
Hang in there...you are NOT pathetic, you are beautiful and human. Remember, you tripped down a stair, don't respond by throwing yourself down the whole flight!
Heh! I like that analysis! THANK YOU!
Old 09-10-2008, 12:26 PM   #13  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I know nothing about perimenopause.

But I know EXACTLY how you feel about not losing anything in a long time. So - we can do this!

Last edited by sotypical; 09-10-2008 at 12:26 PM.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 01:38 PM   #14  
No description available.

Just poking my head in to say:

WOW, Beach! Smoking new avatar! You are stunning!

Last edited by midwife; 09-10-2008 at 01:38 PM.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 05:37 PM   #15  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Everyone cheats here and there. It's how you pick yourself up afterward that makes or breaks a lifestyle change.
cakses is offline   Reply With Quote