Old 09-06-2008, 09:23 AM   #1  
~ The Walker ~

Unhappy it DIDNT work : (

Good Morning All... well today was my Weigh In and i have been eating 1500 Calories for 2 weeks now and It Didnt Work... i didnt lose ANYTHING... BUT... i am starting at 1800 Calories Daily as of TODAY and lets see how it goes for a couple of weeks... i LOVED coming here and getting such WONDERFUL advice!!! being that im a 48yr young Female - 263 lbs - and 5'7" i have been told that 1500 Calories may have been Too Low... so im Upping my Calories for a few weeks lets see what happens! I Will NOT Give Up! Patience IS My Virtue! and One Way Or Another i WILL Find Out MY Calorie Count To LOSE!!! its just gonna take some Jiggling Around... Wish Me Luck!!! and Have a Wonderful Weekend!!!

Last edited by BuuBuu; 09-06-2008 at 03:02 PM.
BuuBuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 09:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

It does take a little experimenting. Don't give up.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 09:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 267/see ticker/139

Height: 5'6"

Are you exercising. I started at 267 1500 calories at age 46. You metabolism definitely slows as you get older and exercise is critically more important then ever. Both Cardio (to burn fat) and Strength Training (to increase you lean body mass).

Keep up the hard work!
lorilove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:18 AM   #4  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Buu
You need to give the body time. For some people it takes a bit of time for the body to get use to what it is being given. It didn't take us a day or a month to put on the weight. It is going to take time to take it off. Maybe set up some guide lines for yourself and stick with it for a month. I bet you will see a difference. Take a look at what you are eating. Are you getting the required amounts of the four basic food groups. It isn't always so much calories but fats and carbs too. What we put into our body's makes a difference. Exercise is real important to get things moving along. Combine a bit of cardio ( you can even use walking/aerobic videos for this. I happen to love Leslie Sansone ) and add some resistance training. It doesn't have to be weights you can use stretchy cords. Anything that does resistance to the muscles will help tone and along with the cardio will start to give you results of a more healthy toned body.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 09-06-2008 at 11:21 AM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 11:06 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

IN addition to the great advice above, I'd say 2 weeks is NOT long enough to notice a difference.

Some people are really lucky and begin to see the pounds drop off immediately, but some people take 2, 3, even 4 weeks to see that first loss.

When you've eaten badly for so long, and then you switch suddenly to a 1500 cal healthy diet, it is a shock to your body. It may take your body a while to catch up and say "hey, it's cool here" and begin doing what it's supposed to do.

Honestly, I would say pick a calorie level, choose some exercise to get started, and commit to it for a full month. See where you are then before making any changes.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 11:56 AM   #6  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I think the calorie increase is great, but (pardon me, I haven't read all the above posts) weight training is imperative. As you get older, your muscle mass decreases by 5% a year (according to what I've read). The best way to combat this is to lift weights, which will speed up your metablism (which is why men typically lose weight much easier than women...they have more muscle). Hang in there!!! It WILL happen! Also, someone told me about a plan (I think it's called The Wendie Plan). You don't eat the same calories every day. You switch off. Some days are low, some are high and some are average. I, personally, like to have one day a week where my calories are about 300 or 400 higher. Then, when I get back to my lower calories, the weight drops. It doens't always happen, but usually it does.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 01:34 PM   #7  
I love Werewolf Movies

S/C/G: 270/Tracker, baby, tracker/127

Height: 5'7

Hey BuuBuu, You and are are the same height and almost weight and I am at 1677. It seems to be working for me. I have stopped letting the scale ruin my mojo and created my own measuring tape that i carry on my keychain out of ribbon. 7 inches off my waist is a lot cooler than one pound lost - well, I think so haha.
xYourBelleMortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 03:14 PM   #8  
~ The Walker ~

Thumbs up Thanks!

THANKS Everyone! i love the good advice! i DO exercise and i LOVE Leslie Sansone!!! i even have my Hubby walking the pounds off with me now!!! and he is becoming a Leslie fan too!!! and i also love the stretchie cords too! i forgot to add the part about my 2 Rx Meds... i take PAXIL CR for Chronic Migraines... and SINGULAIR for Airborne Allergies... so that alone is going to make my body say WHAT?!?!? but like i said before... Im Not Giving Up! I Am In It To Win It! i STARTED Counting Calories back in the Beginning of August 2008 so it hasnt just been a couple of weeks... but i WAS at 1500 calories... thats why im taking it UP just a little... because i need to let my body know that Im Not Trying To Starve It... but i AM still a Newbie so forgive me for being so Naive... im still learning... One Day... I Will Be a Big Loser Like YOU! Whooo Hooooo!
BuuBuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 08:19 PM   #9  
Intuitive Eater

Hi BuuBuu

You certainly have the right attitude ... just keep hangin' in there! You can do it!
Blue Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 08:44 PM   #10  
~*Dawn*~

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

You ARE doing great! Up your calories and see if that works Keep up the good work!
DMNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:08 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 215.5/185.5/150

Height: 5'5"

Hang in there BuuBuu...

I struggle with the calorie count A LOT. I just cannot seem to understand how eating more will help me. I just have this tendency to think that I can only lose if I eat less than 800 calories a day. I don't have ANY idea where that feather-brained idea came from but it is ingrained in me and I can't seem to shake it.

Anyway, I just wanted to post a line of encouragement and support. You're doing the right things... Just keep on keeping on.. and.. I loved what xYourBelleMortex said... about.. not letting the scale ruin your mojo!
beth4365 is offline   Reply With Quote