Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-04-2008, 11:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 262/245/175

Height: 5'9

Default whats wrong with me????

Everyone I know that was fat is lossing weight but I'm not I gained 40lbs since they last seen me and only lost 17 but I'm Still 23 \lbs heavier then i was awhile ago! I heard that I can take stool movers to loss weigh faster with no health problems but I think that is wrong or everyone would just do it. I want to lose my fat soo bad but I don't know what I should eat what not to eat I'm lost and don't have the money or the time to go to a gym everyday please someone tell me what |I should do!
ADarkPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 02:05 AM   #2  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

buy a dvd from offline....
u can get em for three quid including packaging....
and workout to that 3 times a week....
u dunt av to spend a fortune or masses of time to lose weight....
as for food make healthier choices and smaller portions and you will notice a difference....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 05:38 AM   #3  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

whoa! thats a lot of questions First, browse 3fatchicks, look at the eating plan forums that we have on there, see if you find one you like, that you think would suit you. Then do some more research and try it out and see how that goes. I would avoid the stool movers, unless you are having problems with bowel movements. As for exercise, i dont know how much time you have, but every little bit counts. Try going for a walk every second day maybe to get started, or get some weights that you could do at home (you could even use house hold items like bottles of milk etc! Although the milk might get warm, maybe water would be better lol). Maybe try taking small steps, like if you catcha bus get off one stop earlier than normal, take the stairs instead of the lift etc

Hope this sort of helps! Getting started is the hardest part

And of course, see your physician before making big diet changes!
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 07:18 AM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey!

Do you have a library in your town? You'll probably find that they have a lot of the weight loss books that you can check out for free. There are many different plans, and all of them work for some people, but nothing is guaranteed for everyone.

Here are just some basic good eating tips:

- Avoid sugary foods (cakes, pies, candy, ice cream... etc.)
- Eat whole grain foods rather than refined starches, and limit how much you eat of these. That is, eat whole grain breads, brown rice, etc. and measure out how much you eat of rice, pasta, and so on. 1/2 cup of cooked rice is a serving.
- Switch to low-fat foods, such as 1% or 2% milk, lowfat cottage cheese, lowfat yogurt, etc.
- Be sure you get enough protein. Too many dieters skimp on protein foods, but they are very important.
- Keep a food diary or log--just write down what you eat in a day. At first this is just so you can see what you're eating.

This should get you started while you do some research!

Good luck!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 07:39 AM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADarkPhoenix View Post
Everyone I know that was fat is lossing weight but I'm not I gained 40lbs since they last seen me and only lost 17 but I'm Still 23 \lbs heavier then i was awhile ago! I heard that I can take stool movers to loss weigh faster with no health problems but I think that is wrong or everyone would just do it. I want to lose my fat soo bad but I don't know what I should eat what not to eat I'm lost and don't have the money or the time to go to a gym everyday please someone tell me what |I should do!
You've been given wonderful advice above. So, let's take this one step at a time.

1) Just because "everyone else is doing it" does not mean you have to. This may sound odd coming from someone off a weight loss board, but really & truly weight loss is a personal thing. Intimate & individual. You have to be ready & willing to go through with it. I'm not saying you aren't ready, you very well might be, after all you did post here. But, you have to do this for yourself. No one else.

2) Do not take laxatives to lose weight. You're right. If it worked & if it worked permanently, without all the ill effects of becoming "addicted" to laxatives, more people would do it. They're not.

3) What to eat... what not to eat... This is a complicated question. I suggest you take a deep breath, research a few of the plans that are under "Diet Central" and see what others are using to manage their weight. Ask questions about the programs you're interested in. Remember to think about which ones fit your life. This is about finding something you can live with, not finding something that leads to a yo-yo diet.

4) You don't need money. You do need to make time. Make it a priority. Your health is important. And so is moving more. When the gym isn't an option, there's always working out at home to a DVD or two. There's also the great & wonderful outdoors. Take walks outside while the weather is good. Even a couple of 10 minute walks a day add up quickly! Start small... a few minutes at a time. Stick with it, make it a habit. Then build up slowly to more time. It's more important that you stick with it, than to start big, but only do it once or twice.

You can do this. And I know the feeling is "I WANT IT OFF NOW!!!!" but unless we take this slowly and steadily, we're more likely to not only not lose the weight, but pack more on.

Post where you're comfortable. Ask questions. We'd love to help support you on the way!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote