Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-04-2008, 06:51 AM   #1  
Keep on Keepin' ON

S/C/G: 190/179/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Weird Food Habits

I was thinking about some of my own bizarre tendencies surrounding food and I am curious about other peoples. What are your weird food habits? What strange foods do you like, strange binges have you had, or weird ways of eating food do you have? I ask because so much of our relationship with food is based on habits and it's rare that people have exactly the same ones. On the other hand, it might be nice to know other people do weird things that I do such as:

Rolling bread into a ball and squishing it before I eat it.
Eating the things I dislike on the plate first and quickly so I don't have to think about them.
Not allowing my food to touch on a plate.
Making cake mix just to sit and chow down on the batter with the lights off and the shades down.
Having a secret hiding place for your food.
Making whole batches of cookie or on a few occasions, cake, and hiding them in my room so I'd have them and wouldn't need to share or hear my mother b*itch and moan about how fat and ugly I am.
Making up allergies to avoid eating things I dislike.
Eating the bottoms of cupcakes first and then the top.

That's all I can think of at the moment. So what are all of y'alls?
*hugs*
Sidheag
Sidheag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:45 AM   #2  

Default weird habit

Wow - I do the balls of bread thing too, although it's been a while. White bread is something I can't keep in the house without eating TOO MANY pieces, squished into balls.

I have a vague memory of seeing a short film years and years ago, the main character was a lonely guy living in an apartment and I remember he did that with some bread. It's the only thing I remember about the film but that little scene stuck with me.

The other thing isn't really weird so much as a stupid habit - when I take a milk container out of the fridge I shake it up before I pour any. Every. Single. Time. Doesn't matter if it's skim milk, with no fat. Or the fact that all grocery store milk I've purchased, ever, is homogenized. I shake it up, in case the cream separated !
atlgirljj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 09:36 AM   #3  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

I have heard of something called "food rituals," as bizarre habits to avoiding eating or getting food down. Such as cutting food in a million pieces. For me, I have rituals around make food last longer so I eat less of it. One weird thing I do is group my favorite foods and each them in "order" of preference to least favorite to most favorite. Kind of like leaving dessert for last. I have a lot of other rituals like breaking apart food and nibbling it. I do that with cheese and crackers. I think I do that to prolong the eating experience.

Last edited by motivated chickie; 09-04-2008 at 09:37 AM.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 06:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 284/207/165

Height: 5 ft 3

Quote:
The other thing isn't really weird so much as a stupid habit - when I take a milk container out of the fridge I shake it up before I pour any. Every. Single. Time. Doesn't matter if it's skim milk, with no fat. Or the fact that all grocery store milk I've purchased, ever, is homogenized. I shake it up, in case the cream separated !
Oh my gosh. I do this too! Drives people crazy! Growing up we got milk from a dairy that didn't homogenize milk so we always had to shake our milk. Basically if it's in a gallon jug, I'll shake it. Juice, milk, punch, doesn't matter. Must be shaken.

My other weird thing is to tear up cheese singles into tiny little pieces to make it last as long as possible. Like, one slice = 60 pieces.

Last edited by pengbear; 09-06-2008 at 07:20 PM.
pengbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:01 AM   #5  
Mind, Body & Spirit <3

S/C/G: 300/272.7/125

Height: 5'3"

Breaking my food into small pieces so it lasts longer. I mostly notice this with pickles. I cut them into tiny pieces, I can never eat one whole.

Eating one food on my plate before going to another. I've always done this. I can never mix it up.

Hiding food so I'll have it for later.

I used to do that with bread as well.

I'm sure I have others, but those are the ones that jump out at me right now.
Amystika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 02:15 PM   #6  
cher37

not so weird but ...

I turn my sandwiches/burgers upside-down when I eat them
Old 09-07-2008, 03:59 PM   #7  

Whenever I eat "mixes" (like trail mix, or rice crackers) or things that come in different colors (m&ms or skittles) I have to eat like things together. Only red m&ms at the same time, or only star shaped rice crackers. I take from the groups with the most first, to get them all about even in number, and then I eat from each one in sequence while keeping them balanced. I think I border on obsessive compulsiveness.

Last edited by OrdinaryDay; 09-07-2008 at 04:00 PM.
OrdinaryDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:27 PM   #8  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

I have tons of these:

-I put hot sauce on everything that's red basically. I mix it into my ketchup, salsa, on pizza.. etc.
-I generally don't like my food to touch and I eat one thing at a time.
-I can turn anything into a dessert whether it's yummy or not. Sugar+something creamy+a carb = dessert? ugh it's so gross to think about
-I freeze my food: fruit, yogurt, pudding. I find it tastes better and lasts longer
-I can't suck on any candy. I chew it fast and eat it. This is probably because I think it's not good for me.
-I also make cake mix. I make the "healthy" version with apple sauce or pumpkin and then microwave bowls of it and throw on some peanut butter. I end up eating it all because I keep making new bowls. I try not to let myself buy it any more. I do the same thing every time.
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote