Old 09-03-2008, 10:24 AM   #1  
~*Dawn*~

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Default I posted this before (diet soda)

I'm going to post it again, diet soda is evil to me lol I have been drinking it again like crazy and NOT drinking enough water. I drank 3 can yesterday and the day before compared to my 6 cans a day :O Anyways I'm down 2 pounds already Now if I could get myself to 1 a day and MORE WATER!!!!

DMNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 10:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/almost never weigh/115

Height: 5'2

yes, I too have a slight diet soda addiction. this is why I have decided to cut it out cold turkey. No more soda anymore. The only beverages I am allowed to drink are water, tea, coffee, and occasionally milk (I just really don't like it)
I WILL do it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:24 AM   #3  

I hate diet pop, so I would only drink regular pop. I had to completly cut it out cold turkey, now I don't really have cravings at all. I now only drink, water, coffee and milk. So boring! Not gonna lie!.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:29 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/173.6/145

Height: 5'7"

I'm not huge on diet soda, but my husband is. He drinks a TON of diet soda - like 6-8 a day.

I wish I could get him to stop or at least cut down, but he just doesn't see it as a problem.
MotoMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Absolutely addicted, and while losing weight I don't think it is the time to stop. I might when I'm maintaining, but I figure, I'm eating so much more healthy now already, my body can handle the diet soda for a bit longer.
Quillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:22 PM   #6  
~*Dawn*~

I'm totally addicted.... like the previous posters husband... I can drink a 12 pack a day by myself. That is so crazy for me to be drinking it like that because I actually get a headache from drinking so much but if I go a day without I get a severe headache. Water is my friend
Old 09-03-2008, 01:40 PM   #7  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

I'm off caffeine for about three weeks now after diet pepsi daily and occasional coffee. My husband drinks diet MD every day and its just now starting to tempt me again. Ugh! I did take a swig of his pop and it tasted soooo good!

But I was reading all the possible side effects of the sugar substitute in diet pop and I really do want to quit drinking it. I know it can't be good for me to ingest it.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 02:46 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 307/277/TBA

Height: 5'5"

I was born into a Pepsi family, and for many many years drank lots of it. A few years ago I switched to Diet Pepsi, and drank that a lot. Several months ago, I pretty much gave it up. Nowdays, I only drink it once in a while. However, I have two habits that help keep it to a minimum. First, I don't keep it in the house. Second, If I want some Diet Pepsi, I have to finish off my 64 ounce minimum daily intake of water first. Then I make sure to drink more water afterwards.
Redheaded I am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:36 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 154/140/ undecided 129ish ?

Height: 5.6

Why is it so bad to drink diet soda i drink quite a bit atm and chew suger free gum to stop any cravings i have in the evening and never knew it are bad to drink ?
makelovenotwarcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:40 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by makelovenotwarcraft View Post
Why is it so bad to drink diet soda i drink quite a bit atm and chew suger free gum to stop any cravings i have in the evening and never knew it are bad to drink ?

Because diet pop contains "aspratame".. really really bad for you. look it up on the web.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:04 PM   #11  
~*Dawn*~

For me it retains water like CRAZY! I cut it out before and lost 6 pounds that week!
Old 09-03-2008, 09:14 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 182/132/135

Height: 5'7"

I went cold turkey on the diet sodas. I started Saturday. It is really hard! I can't believe how silly this sounds, but I think it might be almost as hard as the whole diet thing...OK that is an overstatement. I didn't realize how much I was using them as a crutch to get through my days. They were something sweet that took a while to drink and they made me feel satisfied.

I bought a whole bunch of those flavored seltzers that are not sweetened -- Talking Rain and the like. They are fine, but they don't measure up to a Lemon Diet Pepsi! Oh well, I guess I will survive, and I have to admit that I am starting to feel better with the significant drop in caffeine. It took a while though...

On the positive side, I am definitely getting in more water.
Schumeany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:07 AM   #13  
A New me! Right Now!

S/C/G: 218/198/145

Height: 5'1"

I was a hard core Soda drinker. I was addicted to Dr. Pepper and Pepsi. I used to drink at least 5-6 a day. I went cold turkey and cut them out of my diet. I had terrible migraines and such for about 2 weeks. It got better though, but then like my yo-yo dieting (before) i went back to drinking them. They are like DRUGS!!! I cut them out again for the most part. I went to drinking Coke Zero, which i have to say i am somewhat addicted to. But for me i quit smoking in January, and i could not give up everything in my life. I have given up some foods, ciggs and i just need something, so i have one (and ONLY ONE) Coke Zero a day. for now................ whebn i reach my goal and start maintaining maybe i can cut them totally out............
dlphnmomva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:17 AM   #14  
In love with...THE GYM!!

S/C/G: 243/213/150

Height: 5'8"

I used to drink nothing but pop. I cut all caffiene and diet pops cold turkey and felt like crap for a week or so. But now when I have a swig of anything caffienated, I'm wired for the day. Strictly water for me now, and on occasion some juice or tiny, itty bitty, glass of pop.
julie99s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 12:49 PM   #15  
ZeusMeatball

S/C/G: 534/309/275

Height: 6'4''

Have you tried Green tea? it tastes just lovely, and has all kinds of benefits that will help aid weight loss.

As Ever
Me
Botzz is offline   Reply With Quote