Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 09-02-2008, 09:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 238/238/170

Height: 5'10"

Default Amazzzzzing salad for dinner!

Hey guys!

I just made the most amazingly delicious salad for dinner.

I took a chicken breast (on sale for 3.50 for 6 breasts, woo!) and then I marinated it for half an hour with a clove of garlic and some lime. Then I seared it in the pan with some olive oil until cooked. I cut it in half and used it for my salad, and the other half for lunch tomorrow.

Then I took a bag of mixed Mediterranean greens, a small amount of feta cheese, and yellow peppers.

The best part is though that I had made a bowl of sour cream cucumber salad before hand (cucumbers, low-fat sour cream, just a heaping tablespoon full, some vinegar, salt, pinch of sugar, pepper, and dill) and then I was like hmmmmm, let's dump this on my salad! I put some more red wine vinegar on top too and some pepper and mmmm oh man that was good.

I'm just starting eating healthy again this week and MAN I forgot how DELICIOUS and satisfying and good feeling eating healthy makes you!

I'll use the other half of the chicken to make some chicken salad with a bit of light mayo, celery, apples, and onions and wrap it in a whole grain tortilla. Can't wait!
Kelbrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 10:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Your salad sounds good. Sort of a Greek salad combo.

Hey, I make that mayo, celery, apples onions and chicken thing, too! I really like it. sometimes I add curry powder.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 11:40 AM   #3  
99 lbs. Gone!

The chicken sounds great too! I'm gonna try the marinade the next time I grill chicken -- that just might be tonight!
ToutDeSuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:25 PM   #4  
In the shell

Wow, that sounds really good. Thanks!
Caly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 12:59 PM   #5  
93.6lbs to go!

S/C/G: 220/205.6/112

Height: 5'5"

Your salad sounds great - I just wanted to butt in though with my personal favourite.

I grill a chicken breast on my George Foreman, then make a salad with a mixed bag of rocket, watercress and spinach salad (uncooked spinach is a deliciously different alternative to lettuce), cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices and red onion. I then add pine nuts for crunch, mustard seeds and Schwartz salad seasoning. I don't like mayonnaise or dressings on salad so I find this is just right.

Anyone else got a great salad recipe they want to share?
from220to112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 07:14 PM   #6  

Sounds delish!

That's one of the best parts of making salads. you can just about make anything yumm-o!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote