Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-31-2008, 03:38 PM   #1  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Depressed

We had several parties over the weekend, and hubby ended up snapping shots of me even though I insisted that he shouldn't.

Well, I just saw them....and I'm wretchedly depressed now. I look so terrible. There's this one very sweet photo of me rocking my youngest daughter to sleep by the campfire, and I look atrocious. I just can't bring myself to delete it because it's such a "special" photograph.

Looking at it, I know it wouldn't be the most flattering photograph on anyone - I was singing, rocking and the angle is from below. I just HATE that I can't have photos of myself that I feel good about.
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 04:11 PM   #2  
Becoming Maggie

S/C/G: 225/219/130

Height: 5"3"

I can feel your pain on that one. I avoid the camera at all costs. Funny thing is, I have always run from them so I don't even have pics of the two times I did slim down considerably.
beforeim35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 04:36 PM   #3  

Height: 5'9"

I know what you mean - I try to avoid the camera, especially when it comes to full body pictures. Hate those.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 05:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I didn't really like pictures of me when I was heavy, so I desperately avoided the camera. Now, I'm a little bummed there's a 10 year gap in my life without many photos.

Now that I'm thinner, I actually kind of like to look at my old photos. I'm always kind of amazed how different I look. I kind of wish I had MORE old photos to compare to!

I generally like pictures of myself more now, but I am still not the most photogenic person in the world. I still take bad pictures (looking down is the worst for me!). Losing weight did help, but it wasn't a miracle picture cure.

Definitely keep the special photo with your daughter and takes lots of more of her while she's young, don't have a big photo gap like I do!!!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 05:41 PM   #5  

I am very depressed,also. I lost only 5 pounds, but many inches92 dress sizes.I want it to show on the scale.
Also,I ate some yogart and it had too much sugar in it which means I have to start all over again
And my brother lost 8 lbs on the SDB only to gain back 9 lbs as soon as he stopped dieting.
Please help. I need some encouragement before I give up entirely.
thanks
Janediet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 05:42 PM   #6  

Not 92 dress sizes 2 dress sizes
Janediet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 06:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

I'm so sorry to hear about the photos. I also hate having my picture taken and avoid it at all cost. I went to a bachelorette party last week and the other girls took pictures of each other all night, I was in one picture the entire night. The whole time I was thinking to myself, these women probably have hundreds of photos of themselves having fun, out with friends and I have a small handful from the last 10-15 years and hate all of them. I have four photos from a few years ago when I was about 50 pounds lighter that I actually like, all candid shots, but since then I have hid all other photos.
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 06:56 PM   #8  

Please, enjoy the picture -- your daughter loves "you", she thinks you are beautiful (and you are, especially inside ). I have probably 3 pictures of me with my boys from the last nine years, I've either been the one taking the picture or I delete it before it hits the computer .

However, about a month ago I learned my lesson. My friend's sister passed away suddenly (38 years old ), in front of her four children. When my friend was trying to find pictures of her with her kids for the wake/funeral, there were none!! She was either the one taking the picture or deleted the ones she was in, because of being overweight. Now, these four beautiful children have only the memories of their mom (and the youngest is 3 -- so these will fade for him).

I know how you feel about the pictures. However, let them be taken, hide them away if you need to, but have them to share with your children when they are older, to refresh their memories on all the wonderful times you've had together.

Last edited by shelby897; 08-31-2008 at 06:56 PM.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 07:05 PM   #9  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey Janediet, are you doing South Beach? 3FC has a South Beach forum here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=110

Don't worry, you didn't ruin anything! Keep on going!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 11:26 PM   #10  

Oh man,
reading your posts makes me feel like it's me writing them.

I feel the same way, I have no pictures of myself from 20yrs old to now 27yrs old because I have avoided pictures so much. last picture I took was my picture for my work ID last year.

but I have to be honest, since I started my diet (but I did cheat today-- but I won't tomorrow!) today, I took a picture of myself--- and I do not want to look like that anymore. I am gonna print that pic, and put in on my fridge and anywhere else I have sweets and bad snacks for me, and remind myself that I have to change.
bumblebeeRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 11:42 PM   #11  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Thanks all for the replies.

I'm going to keep the pic. No matter what I look like, it was good that hubby took it. One of those "moments" that shouldn't be lost due to self-consciousness.

Now the one of me laughing like a mule (literally, I don't remember what my friend said, but it was just THAT funny) with a cigarette in one hand and a gin and tonic in the other...I think I can get rid of that one. ><
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 11:44 PM   #12  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

hey kiddo keep the picture...get rid of the cigarette!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 01:55 AM   #13  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

even the skinniest of people....
have pictures taken that make them look atrocious....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 02:19 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 230/219/155

Height: 5'7"

I'm uploading pictures from my camera as we speak, so I'm happy to have come across this thread...I've been feeling so great about all the loss lately, especially with all of comments I've been getting, etc...but looking at these pics...YIKES! It reminds me of just how much farther I have to go...and how it's not going to be easy.

I still have to use my cropping tool :-(
Mango683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 03:30 AM   #15  
Twilight Nov. 21st '08

S/C/G: 386/363/150

Height: 5'7

I can feel your pain. I don't think there is one picture of me with my son since he was a baby, he is 10 now. Not one Christmas, or birthday where I am in the picture. I always take the pics and avoid cameras like the plague. I remember when he was about 2 years old I had the video camera on the tripod so I could help him open his presents. Once I saw my fat *** on there I wanted to delete it soooooooo bad. I didn't, but from then on I have never gotten in the picture or video again.
I'm glad you are keeping the picture, I wish I could go back now, I would have those pics of me all fat with him in my arms. This Christmas I will be in the pictures regardless of how I look, because life is way too short.
ChristinaGetsFit is offline   Reply With Quote