Old 08-28-2008, 01:29 PM   #1  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Default Wanted--Lunch ideas for on the go

I hope some of you will be able to help me out. I always pack a luch (meal planning has to be there for me) for work but it is always something that needs to be heated up in the microwave. I need lunch ideas with hopefully 6pts or less to take that requre no refrideration or heating up.

I am at a total loss!

Beyond a meat type sandwitch which I am not very fond of there has to be alternatives?

Any and all suggestions-- getting desparate
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 01:34 PM   #2  
WWs Member (Goin4Goal)

S/C/G: 265/250.8/145

Height: 5'5.5

Without refrigeration or heat up? Your options will most definitely be limited, have you thought about getting a lunch/thermos set? That would help a lot.

That way you'd be able to bring Yogurts, Cheeses, Soups, Salads, etc.
Krysydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 01:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 227/170/130

Height: 5'2

If you can take a small cooler, I like South Beach Diet wraps for 6 pts.
JazzyNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 02:25 PM   #4  
Hatchling

S/C/G: 160/146/122

Height: 5'2"

What about a mixed bean salad. A can of mixed beans in vinigarette (we can get them over here for about 2 points a tin), add chopped peppers, halved cherry tomatoes, celery and other salad items of your choice. 2 points the whole thing, so you could take some crispbread and laughing cow on the side

I don't think that would need refrigerating for lunchtime

Hope this helps

Lou
x louise x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 03:16 PM   #5  
Work in Progress

Great Ideas
I am looking for something I can take to a sporting event and not sure they will let me take a cooler inside, so I am really stumped on a portable, non refridge idea...

see why I need you guys
Old 08-28-2008, 03:28 PM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

What about more creative sandwich options? Get a really great crusty roll, or bread you love, or a tortilla, and just stuff it with whatever you like - doesn't have to be meat. Sandwiches are very forgiving. You can mash up some chickpeas and make a faux tuna salad, or roast some veggies in EVOO and layer those in there. Have fun with dressings, even add fruit! Mango and apple are two fruits that work great on sandwiches.

If you are just going for the length of a sporting event, you should be able to deal without refrigeration. You could still pack anything cold and have it out for a number of hours without anything going bad.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 04:03 PM   #7  
Work in Progress

Thank you Thank you Thank you,

I am leaning towards a veggie wrap, if I keep it in the fridg until I am ready to leave and then wrap in foil maybe that will stay good for several hours in my purse.

of course if you all have more ideas I will use them too as weekdays at work can get real boring too lol
Old 08-28-2008, 04:04 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

Sometimes I like to just have a bunch of snacks for lunch. Snickers has a couple great snack bars like the low carb ones and the Marathon kind. The Marathon bars are lower in points -- I think 2 or so. Reduced fat Wheat Thins or Triscuits are great with a little turkey and some Laughing Cow cheese or Alouette. I love to steam broccoli and cut up some tomatoes, dip them in a little ranch -- I use sour cream ranch that I make -- and then eat that at room temp. I despise cold fruit or vegis. I like them all at room temp. As far as berries go, blueberries are great and probably the least messy. I have been buying these little freeze dried fruit packets for my baby, but I have eaten most of them myself because I am a fruit pig. They are .5 points apiece. Keeping a couple cans of olives around is great. A few of those are nice. I also love pickles at room temp. Keeping some reduced fat peanut butter around is nice. Some of that on toast is a great snack. I tend to eat a lot of the higher energy, higher fat foods because I run and play softball every night. Bananas are the one fruit I can actually fill up on. When I just want to do some mindless snacking, I eat a lot of the Pirates Booty rice snacks. I love Fruity Booty and the sharp cheddar swords. The names are also a plus.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:13 PM   #9  
Work in Progress

I know what you mean about veggies and fruit being room temp!...I get so aggrevated when my husband puts fruit in the refridg. I do love dill pickles so I think that and I found a receipe for a turkey wrap that is mostly veggies. The wrap is 1 pt and the veggie/turkey is 1 pt. I will wait until the last min to put the bbq sauce on it. I think I can wrap that in foil and it should stay cold/cool until I am read to eat it on Saturday afternoon