S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Friends and Losers Thread August 25-31

Wake Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:48 AM   #2  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

i'm awake, but struggling with exhaustion. ugh. i totally forgot about how tired you get so early in pregnancy. you'd think that since i've done this a few times before that i'd remember!
another week to continue my attempt at potty training my almost 3yr old DS. wish me luck! i think i've figured out that if i bribe him with chocolate (chocolate chips or m&m's) he'll at least sit on the potty! it worked with DD, so we'll see. i know..not the best idea, but hey, it's worked before!
oh and my MIL (whom i love so much!) is finally coming to visit on friday and is staying until monday sept 8th. i'm super excited for her to meet the kids and to just get to hang out with her. it's been since november since i've seen her. i can't wait! yay!

other than that..i feel soooo unbelievably puffy and bloated. already! ugh. i've been drinking tons of water to help it, but nothing. i'm going to try and add some lemon to my water today to see if that helps. i wish i could take a water pill or something to help, but i don't think i'm suppose to. it's just annoying and i'm feeling fatter than i should at this point. boo.

ok..i'm done writing a book here. i'll be back later.
xoxo.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:58 AM   #3  
Post-Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLem311 View Post
another week to continue my attempt at potty training my almost 3yr old DS. wish me luck! i think i've figured out that if i bribe him with chocolate (chocolate chips or m&m's) he'll at least sit on the potty! it worked with DD, so we'll see. i know..not the best idea, but hey, it's worked before!
If it works..............do it They are all different, and the goal is to get him on the potty.......rewards often work if they are used well!!! I am soo sorry about your tiredness. I know I just hated that part of pregnancy. I could have slept 18 hours a day.

I am feeling quite bloated myself, but I know that jerk TOM is on the way. I get so tired of him intruding on my life. Oh well.

Ok, have to get some work done.......I have to babysit my friends DD in a bit. I will be back
XOXO
Old 08-25-2008, 10:44 AM   #4  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning everyone! I have had a busy weekend. We worked on roofing our house on Saturday, then went to Mama Mia (Loved it!!). Then yesterday we went to Montana to dig crystals. We found some really beautiful things. My five year old was really lucky. She found some amazing crystals. Then we hiked into an old mining ghost town. It was really cool. I am so tired today! So, I have decided to try the eat one day, fast the next plan. I am fasting today. I had a cup of coffee and a string cheese this morning. I am not planning on eating anything else until dinner, when I will eat a sliced tomato from my garden.

Jillian- If it works, go for it. Sounds like you are feeling thoroughly pregnant!

Nicole- Loved the pics of Maria on the last thread. Have fun babysitting!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:55 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 170.4 / TICKER / 150

Height: 5'6

Good Morning all!

Glad to see progress is being made with the potty training Jillian, seems its harder on the mom than the toddler Sorry you feel cruddy and tired, I can't relate being I have never been pregnant but I imagine it is very frustrating. My g/f has a 4 month old and she was so sick she had to go on medical leave at just 3 months. She couldn't leave the house for the most of her pregnancy.

I had an awful weekend...diet wise. I had a wicked good time though! Ate great saturday and washed it down with inumerable coors light at the open bar wedding reception, then went out dancing until 3 am. Yesterday consoled my hang over with greasy food. Have my WI tomorrow, but it's okay it was worth it, haven't had that much fun in a while. I am back op today and hope to break the 50's by friday. Even 149.8 would elate me!
erin1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 255/231/151

Height: 5'2

Jillian- we are just potty training DD too ( although they say girls are WAY easier than boys!)
Honestly, if the candy works keep at it! A friend of mine made a "potty jar" Put the candy in it. If her son went pee on the potty she gave him a M&M or something, and if he did A BM he got double. It worked for him to see the jar on the bathroom counter- he knew that he would get it if he did and he was trained in 2 weeks night &day!!! He was 3.5 years old.

DD has been a slow process, but shes not even two yet so Im not worried. She loves the potty and regularly goes pee- and today had her first BM She was so proud of herself!!

As for me, I have been up and down this week. Slowing down on the weight loss so my COD recomended we do a TO this week. Going to get the stuff for it today so we will start that tomorrow.

On another note, DH is down 23lbs now and just went below 300 It was such a great feeling seeing his face as the scale its the 200's! I love doing it with him, we are such great support ( on the other hand can be bad influences too!!)

Hope everyone has a good week!
jesskahle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:20 AM   #7  
LAWL Salt Police

Hey gang...

Hope all's well.. I'm finally back in the office after spending several days in Ruidoso, NM and then at home this weekend just to decompress.. I don't think I turned my computer on even once..

Since I'm finally going to be at home all week for the first time in a while, I think things will be easier, diet-wise.. Gotta get the exercise back on track as well..

Have a good week, and remember to be one with your POP!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:29 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 272/254/199

Does anyone have experience with TOPS. Our center closed and I'm trying to find a substitute.
cottonfarmer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 01:01 PM   #9  
Katie

Hey Dan, how is Liz doing?
Old 08-25-2008, 03:57 PM   #10  
LAWL Salt Police

She's doing fine, Katie.. THanks for asking.. Thanks to my sudden trip last week, we haven't been able to get over to the nearest WW office, but we plan to do so this week.. It's amazing how busy we are now that school has started for the kiddos.. We're going camping next weekend for the holiday, so we've had to get planning on that too.. fun fun fun...
Old 08-25-2008, 04:32 PM   #11  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Hey Everyone. Just checking in. Not much new with me. Went to my granddaughter's birthday party yesterday afternoon. They served hot dogs and chips and cake. So since I hadn't eaten I indulged and today I'm up 3.5 pounds!!! Guess I'll do some HLW tonight and see if I can control the damage that way. And I'm loading up on the water today. So we'll see if it comes off as quickly as it appeared!!!

Any big plans for the upcoming weekend? DBF and I are going to Indianapolis to the US Nationals for drag racing. He figures if I went to a Napcar race with him last year he can go to a drag race with me this year. I am so excited about going. I've gone the past 18 years. I keep telling everyone that when I grow up I wanna be a drag car racer.

Anyway, have a good evening. I'll check back in either later or tomorrow.
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 05:33 PM   #12  
Katie

We are going camping for 3 days. I am really looking forward it.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:33 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 137.5/137.5/125

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning Everyone!

Just checking in before I head off to school, so I can work on my classroom and go to meetings all day! I will try to check back in later! I ended up starting TO yesterday instead of today, so I am almost down.

Talk to you later!
Heather
Heather5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 09:59 AM   #14  
Post-Master

Good morning everyone

Katie.....how did the fasting go? I am so curious about that. Did you read that article I posted a link to? It just seems so weird. I don't know if I can fast anymore. I used to when I was younger........if my clothes were getting too tight........I'd just not eat for 3 or 4 days. Crazy. One of my friends taught me that awesome trick back in middle school. .

Well, TOM is due to show up........yesterday actually........and I sure wish he would get here. I feel just NASTY. This one is going to be a doosie!!!

Ok, DS is waiting for the computer........yeah, the three year old........ Guess I'll go do my dishes while he is on here

Later

XOXO
Old 08-26-2008, 10:05 AM   #15  
LAWL Salt Police

G'mornin' ladies!

Another day, another dollar.. Just wish I was getting paid...

Couple of busy days on tap for me this week, getting our State Fair building ready for operation.. Gotta find our fountain pump.. Not sure what I did with it last year when we shut down..

Getting things together for the big weekend at the lake for the holiday... We plan to pack some chicken brats (low fat, really!), and some other good stuff.. Liz's boss is bringing the main course for dinner on Saturday, but we still have to pack breakfast items and things for lunch and snacks.. We don't camp often (or ever for that matter), so this is quite an exercise in "trying to be good"...

Have a great day!!

May the POP be with you!