Old 08-24-2008, 11:28 AM   #1  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Default found my old Weight Wat) but now

Turnaround Points from 2005.

back then I weighed over 280 so i got 31 points
now i'm around 215-220 so i get 26 points.

I've been doing South Beach so I eat pretty healthy most of the time.

has the plan changed that much from 2005 or will using my old stuff to count and track points still work.

I was considering calorie counting (along with SBD) but I think WW might work better.

any input?
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:57 PM   #2  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

Weight watchers online always offer a free online week for the online tools, that could help
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 05:27 PM   #3  
GmaTo8

Since you didn't mention a points range, you must have the current question-quiz to determine your daily points, right? The only other change I can think of is the fiber cap is set at 4. But I think that was done before 2005. Someone else reading this can give input. WW Core is similar to SB, or you might like to try WW Flex. Don't forget to add your 35 weekly Flex points!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 05:41 PM   #4  
ONEderland here I come!

i'm between 200-224 so I'm assuming that i'm at 26 points which is around 1300 calories that seems low to me. I know about the fiber limit to 4.

I grew up with weight watchers. My mom was on it in the 60s in New York... and then on and off my whole life....

also i had a huge salad for lunch (with fat and protein) but all the veggie ingredients add up to 0... that seems unreal for a huge bowl of romaine, peppers, cucumbers, mushrooms and onions...

what i'm seeing is that even on SBD I was eating HUGE amounts of calories. I'm just finding a way to lower my caloric intake while still eating healthy foods....
Old 08-24-2008, 10:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 262/ See Ticker / 150

Height: 5' 4"

I am using the WW materials I purchased 8 years ago. Everything is basically the same except for the fiber cap and the Flex Points. When I joined before, there was a range based on weight. Now there is a quiz that you use to determine what points you need each day. I didn't take the quiz until recently, and that had me at 2 points above what I was using for my points based on my older materials.

I have lost 48 lbs so far using those materials with a tremendous amount of encouragement, support, and help from the awesome people on this site. I am averaging between 1.5 and 2 lbs of loss per week and that is fine by me!

My points are at 24 per day and I am at 214 now. That is between 1200-1500 calories (roughly 1 pt = 50 calories if you are guessing.. ) per day if I use my FP's. When I reach 200, I will reduce another 2 points per day then (I think - I have to look it up).

BTW.. love your height measurement.. Us short people have to use every quarter of an inch we get!

Last edited by Chey; 08-24-2008 at 10:46 PM.
Chey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 08:30 AM   #6  
ONEderland here I come!

I thought points were based on weight only... is there a quiz I am missing?

btw I am finding that it's hard to eat beachy food and stay in points range which could explain why i'm not losing on South beach....
Old 08-25-2008, 03:09 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

Yep, there is a quiz out there that you are missing. It's newer than 2005 for sure - when I was doing WW back in 05 on the old points system I was getting fewer points than I am now with the new way of figuring it out.

Of course, due to copyright issues, we can't re-post the quiz here on the forums, but I think it's posted elsewhere on the internet if you poke around.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 03:14 PM   #8  

Oh, the other thing I wanted to say - about your salad. WW has a buffer built in to account for those 0-point foods (sf popcicles, fiber one, veggies, that sort of thing) - up to a certain point. There are various schools of thought in counting zero point foods if you eat many of them per day. I NEVER count points for zero point vegetables - why give yourself a reason not to eat them? But for instance, there is a woman in my meeting who will count one point for every 8 servings of vegetables she has.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 03:18 PM   #9  
ONEderland here I come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes View Post
Oh, the other thing I wanted to say - about your salad. WW has a buffer built in to account for those 0-point foods (sf popcicles, fiber one, veggies, that sort of thing) - up to a certain point. There are various schools of thought in counting zero point foods if you eat many of them per day. I NEVER count points for zero point vegetables - why give yourself a reason not to eat them? But for instance, there is a woman in my meeting who will count one point for every 8 servings of vegetables she has.

well thats sort of what i'm thinking of doing.

but today is just day 2 of points counting so let me see how it goes....

i'm happy losing half a pound a week....
Old 08-26-2008, 10:10 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 215/195/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi Nessa,
I was doing south beach, too. But have just switched to ww core. It is similar to sb, but I'm hoping the slightly different perspective will help- I also needed to step away from the nuts on sb :lol

I went to ww meetings at the beginning of this year. Remember that on top of your daily points allowance you have 35 points a week that you can use (plus activity points you can earn for working out), so you shouldn't be hungry.
Lulumum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 07:32 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 211/ticker/165

Hi. I just started WW and am using core. I like it better. You have to track fruit, water and oil blocks while eating off a list of foods (but it includes all fruit which was a no no on SB). You have 35 points to play with for the week for foods off the list (bagels, extra oil or other things over the limit). You can add points if you work out.

I like it better. Soy items (most of them) are core. It is similar to SB but you are watching portion sizes so things like nuts are not unlimited.

Good Luck!
Momofsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 08:18 AM   #12  
ONEderland here I come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momofsteel View Post
Hi. I just started WW and am using core. I like it better. You have to track fruit, water and oil blocks while eating off a list of foods (but it includes all fruit which was a no no on SB). You have 35 points to play with for the week for foods off the list (bagels, extra oil or other things over the limit). You can add points if you work out.

I like it better. Soy items (most of them) are core. It is similar to SB but you are watching portion sizes so things like nuts are not unlimited.

Good Luck!

well i'm counting all my beachy food as points (and I did go back to meetings.

you do get almost all fruits on SBD (watermelon being the exception but i ate that anyway) and on SBD you are supposed to watch sizes but i was not. for some reason this is working i'm down 3.4 pounds from Wednesday....