Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 08-23-2008, 11:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 259/259/175

Height: 5'11"

Default Old Navy Jeans: pffft

Alright, so I'm sure some of you learned of the Old Navy Denim sale where you can get jeans for $12 bucks today and today only. I thought "Why not, I'll check it out" I usually don't shop at Old Navy, actually haven't in a long long time but couldn't remember why.

Then I tried on a pair of these jeans.

UGH! They're made for women with small calves!!!! I normally wear a 16..and thus picked up a 16 but I had to squeeze my claves in them!!!!! Then it I had to do the oh-so-embarrassing "sit down to take them off because they were stuck" on my calves! I decided to try on an 18. The waist was too big and STILL the calf portion DIDN'T FIT.

Super disappointing. Anyone else have this problem?

I find the only jeans that fit me are GAPs Long and Leans.
dkneec19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 11:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Back when I was smaller I tried to buy jeans at Old Navy once. I grabbed two pairs of jeans in the same style, size 4 and size 6. I tried on the 4 -- too big. Strangely big. So I tried the 6 out of curiosity... too small. I put them back and never shopped for jeans at Old Navy again.

(I've told this story online before, so sorry if you've already heard it, lol.)
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 01:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 259/259/175

Height: 5'11"

Ugh!!! Yeah!! See? I just don't get that store.
dkneec19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 07:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 297/137/150

All Old Navy sizing especially in Women's Clothing is a little messed up. My MIL and I wear the same size however she has some surgically enhanced knockers (ok they are the same size too however at 49 hers are way more perky than my 28 yo boobs) I buy alot of clothes for her by trying it on and seeing if there is still some breast room or give for her. Well I bought her a shirt for Mother's Day and a few weeks later went back and got myself the same shirt in a different color. It was falling off of me. I should have tried it on again however I didn't gain or lose any weight.
Ophelia924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 08:21 AM   #5  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

I went to look at Old Navy jeans in winter, when a friend said she bought a few "nice" pairs there. I was so disappointed with how hideous their jeans were and with the quality that I did not even try them on. I honestly could not care if they were on sale for $5, I would not buy them.

But I do know what you mean about big calves. Gosh, what an exercise in frustration to buy a pair of winter boots!!! I am blessed with a number of "beyond average" anatomical features - my feet are very wide, I have a really high in-step, my calves are big. Finding a pair of winter boots (that go to bellow my knee) is impossible - in North America. Fortunately, I was visiting mom in Europe last November and I found a pair that fits me and are not even tight in the calf area. Since then, I have been joking that the next time I need winter boots, I will have to fly to Europe again.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 08:27 AM   #6  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

dkneec19 - DITTO!!!! I am a 16 - 18 and I also had to sit down to take them off because they were pasted to my calves!!!!!
jeanne
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 08:59 AM   #7  
Gone, baby, gone

S/C/G: 274/212.6/134

Height: 5'1"

I do understand the frustration and confustion with Old Navy jeans. I did go in yesterday, and came out with two pairs, but I'm glad I tried things on! A coule of weeks ago, at the thrift store, I picked up some 18 reg Flirt jeans. They were a little long, but fit me, and are even a little roomy.

So yesterday, I went to find some Flirts, and all I could see were the Sweethearts at first. I grabbed 2 pairs in 16 short (wishful thinking) and wandered around until I found the Flirts. I grabbed an 18 short and 16 short of them, and headed to the fitting room. I had never tried on the Sweethearts, so I wasn't sure what the fit would be. Well, the 2 pairs of 16 short Sweethearts button and zipped - they should last me until Christmas (as they're a little tight). With the 16 short and 18 short Flirt style, I had the same calf issues as a lot of you. I could barely get the 18's up! Needless to say, I was happy to walk out of there with 2 pair of size 16's - I haven't been that small since high school! The sizing did boggle my mind a little, though!
staja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 09:02 AM   #8  
Ija
Extra gluten

S/C/G: 286/135/135

Same problem here. The rest of it fits beautifully, though. When I get a pair I wash them immediately, then stretch the calves out and hang dry. I have to do that each time I wash them, but it works.
Ija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 09:52 AM   #9  
West of Mars

S/C/G: 203/202/145

Height: 5'6"

The thing I really can't stand about Old Navy jeans is that I buy a size that fits well and looks good in the store, then the first time I wear them for an hour they are all dumpy looking. I just don't like their stretchy material.
TuesdayBlonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 03:07 PM   #10  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

The only things I buy at Old Navy are long sleeve t-shirts. They fit right and the length is great. I've never been able to find a pair of pants that I love there. They always have a fit problem. That said - I do love their kids pants with the adjustable waistbands.

I just bought a ton of maternity clothes from Old Navy....oh man, talk about huge. I had to send everything back and get different sizes.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 03:28 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

The quality at Old Navy is appalling! I haven't purchased anything there since they redesigned everything and all the fabric was suddenly see-through. Most of it looks like it'd fall apart in the first washing. Even the Men's undershirts!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 06:38 PM   #12  
carinna

I have a hard time there too, although I did end up getting a couple pairs of jeans Saturday. It takes me forever to shop there though, because there are so many styles of jeans and I have to try them all on to find some I like that look good on me.
carinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 06:40 PM   #13  
Erica

S/C/G: 265/Tracker/150

Height: 5'3"

I used to love old navy clothing. Recently they started catering more to the "size zero crowd" and less toward the curvy chicas out there. So, I dislike old navy now.
EricaBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 06:53 PM   #14  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

Gosh I hate Old Navy jeans. Their business pants are usually a safe bet for me, but the jeans? I don't even bother trying any of them on anymore. I don't have a problem with the calf. I have a huge problem with everything else though.
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 07:57 PM   #15  
starting over again

Another Old Navy jeans hater here. Even when I was thin, I couldn't stand them. The waist was always way bigger than the thigh area. I guess they make all their jeans for apples and not pear shapes like me.
Marms is offline   Reply With Quote