Old 08-22-2008, 10:30 AM   #1  
Workin' It

Default Whey Protein & Body Fat

I've read several posts about whey protein and the impact it can have on body fat... I've put whey protein in my smoothies every morning now for two weeks, with the occasional 1/2 serving in with milk as a nighttime snack and my body fat percentage today was 21.2% v. 22.4% of two weeks ago. I also lost 2.1 pounds this week - haven't lost that fast since I started this process.

I did get more accurate with my calorie counting in the last ten days and didn't have my 'higher calorie weekend day' last weekend like I normally do, but my daily calorie average didn't change that much. I can only figure that the whey must have been part of the change this week.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/see ticker/happy

Height: 5ft 9in

I think I need to start my whey protein again b/c I am having a hard time losing any weight this time although I haven't started the exercise part yet.
How do you make your smoothies?
scrappinRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:11 AM   #3  
Workin' It

I have been primarily using 20g of whey (29.4g is the serving size for the Optimum Nutrition that I'm using), 40-50g of frozen strawberries, 30-35g of frozen blueberries, 45-55g of banana, 56g (1/4c roughly) of either Stoneyfield FF French Vanilla or Lowfat Vanilla yogurt (they have the same number of calories per serving, I needed to add a little fat to my mix), 2 oz. skim milk, a few ice cubes. I have thrown in 15g of frozen raspberries sometimes, today I tossed in 15g of frozen dark red cherries, I indulge sometimes add throw in 1 tbsp of lite chocolate syrup and adjust the fruit down a little to compensate for that. I come in at 225-235 calories, 1.5ish grams of fat. I'm finding that I'm not as hungry in the morning with the extra protein in the smoothie, plus I exercise in the AM so protein right after is good.

I'm thinking about trying to work peanut butter into the mix once I up calories for maintenance, can't get a good vision of what to mix it with... banana and chocolate syrup, maybe...
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote