Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2002, 08:56 AM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default To all lurkers: POST NOW!! (Weds)

OK, I, too am tired of seeing that the threads are getting lots and lots of views, but nobody's posting, so maybe my scary post title will frighten some of them into posting.

Starting the thread for Weds, will be back to post.
Old 04-03-2002, 09:09 AM   #2  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

I have a really long signature. I think I'll change it, even though I really like my quote at the end...

OK, that had nothing to do with anything. So, do you guys think my starting the thread post was scary enough to get even the most post-resistant to type up a short little message? I sure hope so. If not, maybe we'll have to start offering to pay them.

Well, WI was last night. I was down a whopping FOUR lbs!!! I was shocked! I think it might have something to do with the fact that I'm sick and haven't felt like eating anything except chicken soup and Cheez-It crackers. I'm starting to get my appetite back (in fact, I'm really looking forward to my morning oatmeal) and will probably feel up to going to the gym again next week. This junk that's going around has a lot of people miserable.

On the much brighter side, I decided to go with the silver Sunfire. I'm so excited, listen to what all it has: power sunroof (yay!), power windows, the Monsoon stereo system, remote keyless entry, AC, cruise, it's totally loaded, yippee!! The only thing kind of disappointing is that it doesn't have the chrome wheel covers, it has the aluminum and I really really liked the chrome and wanted them. I'm going to see ifI can't find them for a reasonable price and maybe put them on later. I'll pick it up on Saturday. That gives me some time to say goodbye to my dear, sweet, reliable 97 Sunfire.

OK, I'm gonna get a little work done (probably on eBay ). I'll check back later to see if I scared anyone into posting.
Old 04-03-2002, 09:27 AM   #3  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Jess, you scared me!!!! OK, not really, because I am not a lurker!!! I agree with you, this place will become non exisitent if people don't start posting. I know that I won't be hanging around here much if no one else does. Defeats the purpose of getting support from others, if you know what I mean. I know that sounds harsh, but that is why I come here.

OK, had an ok night. My dog is in heat and I have been cleaning up her messes. And I have a cold, and my back aches. But other than that I am OK!! Going to try to make it to the gym today. I am out of town of Friday for that training, and I have a lot to get done before then... like plan my outline!!!

Come out come out where ever you are!!!!
Old 04-03-2002, 09:29 AM   #4  

Oh Jess, I forgot.... CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR LOSS!!!!
Old 04-03-2002, 09:43 AM   #5  

Angry

Good morning ladies!

I completely agree about the posts. Seems like a lot of lurkers but not many posts. I remember the days we would always have two pages worth, what happened to that???

Come on ladies!! Anyone new out there too???

Well, I had day two of being OP, and on to day three!! I even walked on my treadmill last night too. I feel good being back in control with eating/exercise. Even after a few days, I don't feel so bloated anymore. I know I can do this!!!!

The weather here is really getting depressing. I am so tired of 20 degree weather and no sun. It is hard to stay motivated and in good spirits. My kids want to play outside and ride their bikes, it is just to cold and windy to do that!! GRRRRRR!!!!!

Work is going well, we just had yearly evaluations, and I got high marks, which means my yearly 4.3 percent raise, plus a merit. I am excited!

Well, better get back, I promise I will post again later!!!! I hope more come out and post regularly, I don't want this group to go away, I need you guys too much!!

Oh, and Jess, CONGRATS ON YOUR LOSS, WAY TO GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-03-2002, 09:44 AM   #6  
Bono Fanatic!

Talking I'm here!

although, I am not much of a lurker either... Everyone else better come out and talk to us before Jess, Jen and I go away for good!

Jess - Congrats on the loss! That is great! Congrats on the new car as well. How exciting. I have been toying with the idea of buying a new car, but I am not going to. I have a super reliable 1995 Honda Civic that I park on the street in Chicago and drive about once every 2 weeks. It would be dumb to have a car payment again just to have a car that sits on the street rarely driven. But a girl can dream, can't she?! I really want the Lincoln Aviator (compact SUV) which comes out later this year....

Jen - I hate having a backache - hope you feel better soon. Back pain makes it so hard to do anything. How is Emma doing in her new class?

I spent most of last night talking to two friends of mine that are lawyers to try to determine which law school I should go to. I need to make my decision my April 15th and it is really stressing me out. Once I think I have decided, someone else gives me information that makes me not so sure. But, as my boss keeps telling me, there is no wrong decision. I have to keep telling myself that no matter what I decide, I will be fine. Easier said than done though... it took me over an hour to fall asleep last night because I couldn't stop thinking about it.

Other than that, things are good. I just made plans to go to San Francisco with some friends over Labor Day, so I am excited about that (I've never been there). And when I get back, it will only be a week until I leave for Italy!! I can't wait!
Old 04-03-2002, 10:01 AM   #7  

Angry

Jen,

That is such a cute pic. You are beautiful!!

Anyone else have pics, I love looking at them. BTW Jen, you are exactly how I pictured you!!

Here is me and my daughter last summer.....
Old 04-03-2002, 10:46 AM   #8  

Oh I don't have a current pic of me, but I will try to remember to scan some in so you can see how much Emma has grown. And by the way, she is doing wonderful in her new class. She loves it in there. And there are some kids that are a few months older than her that she used to have in class, so at least she knows them. And when I drop her off, this little boy that used to be in babyland with her (and one bit her so hard it left a mark), he runs up and hugs her. Uhhhh ohhhh!!

I forgot I have a meeting at my house tonight, so at lunch I have to run home and clean. I guess that counts for exercise. What a way to throw me off schedule!

OH TONYA... I heard that it could reach the 60's here next week. I know things may change by then, but at least it is something to look forward to!!!!

Thanks for the pic Jen!!!
Old 04-03-2002, 11:59 AM   #9  
Bono Fanatic!

Tonya - That's funny that I look just like you thought I would! I am usually so wrong when I finally see what someone looks like. I am amazed by how much your daughter looks like you - she is a mini-Tonya! It's a great picture - you are both so pretty!

Jen - Yes, please try to post a picture of you and Emma!!
Old 04-03-2002, 12:01 PM   #10  
Canadian Chick

Mornin'

How are you all today? I still am not feeling very well. I just slept for 11 hours!! I'm still eating comfort food & not journalling & I don't have time to go to the gym today again. Last night I went to get groceries & I felt so guilty because I didn't buy any produce. I have a ton of fruit but not really any veggies besides carrots. I was planning on it but I hadn't budgeted enough money to buy all of the things I needed for my meal plan this week plus extra veggies to snack on. Hopefully today I'll be busy at work & will have enough to pick up some produce on the way home tonight. I just thoughtit was so weird that I felt so guilty about it. Oh well....

JenK, good luck with your life decision. Don't stress too much. Thanks for sharing your picture. You are a hottie! You neice looks sweet too Its funny because somehow the picture I had of you in my mind wasn't too far off of how you actually look.

Jess, have fun with your new car Sounds awesome! Congrats on your major loss!!

JenL, glad to hear Emma is enjoying her new group. I agree with you about it possibly dying out if there is no one here for support. Hopefully people will stop being so shy. Hope your cold disappears quickly.

Tonya, congrats on your raise! Glad to hear your on track WW-wise. Keep up the good work

Everyone else come out come out wherever (or whomever) you are!! Hope you are all having a great op day. Talk to you soon

-Rina
Old 04-03-2002, 12:54 PM   #11  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey girls its almost 7 pm here
we spring forward a week before you guys do and its god knows what hour for me in the library
Monday I was good as gold but the last 2 days being back in term well I just had my lunch (yess lunch came at 5) of pringles and a cranberry juice and an eclair I hve to pack veggies and make a sandwich t onight its just too damn tempting JEss WOOHOO on your loss
I have pics that nead to be resized so once i can do that i will post one Things will get better and dammit i'm getting back to posting b/c that helped me to stay on track Hi to everyone
Jkarr u gorgeous creature!
Tonya ur lil girl looks just like her mom beautiful
jen hun feel better and get hubby to clean up after the dog
at some point i'm going to do a whooole post about my issues with men or indeed one male in particular just to wwarn u guys b/c i could use some fresh insight and beesides we could all use a good juicy goss but at the mo im stilll fecking typing! and then on to the NOTES! god help me
so i better hop to it :sheep:
Love
Kier

Last edited by KO; 04-03-2002 at 01:01 PM.
Old 04-03-2002, 06:06 PM   #12  

Hello

I just found your sight today.

I have started to change my life. I have decided that I don't want to be one of the fat moms at the high school next year. I have about 15-20 pounds to get rid of and a lot of toning to do. Joined a gym last week and have managed to make it there 4 times already. Hope my motivation & energy continue.

Will be back later.
Old 04-20-2002, 12:17 PM   #13  
bye fat, hello healthy

Hello, my name is Christina and I'm a lurker I posted a few times in "The Well", I'm still trying to find my way around this board.. I promise I will try to post more often.. I look forward to meeting everyone.. Have a great weekend...

~~Christina
Closed Thread