Old 08-18-2008, 09:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Core Chat: August 18-August 24

New Pages

Last edited by Tejas; 08-18-2008 at 09:53 AM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:57 AM   #2  

Good Morning Chickies!

We've got a beautiful day here in Toronto. I hope you all do too. I think we might actually be getting summer now, just in time for fall. This is normally a beautiful time of the year now...between now and about mid-October.

My motivation is high, and I hope that yours is too, no matter what your goal is for the week. I'm trying for another 2 pound loss.

Rhonda

ps: Tech/Donna posted this morning on last week's board so you might want to check up on her.

And, Vickie, where are you?

Last edited by Tejas; 08-18-2008 at 09:58 AM.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:32 PM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Despite the fact that I failed miserably, I'm beginning with WW Core again this morning. My meeting will be at 5:00 on Monday evenings. I'm going to this meeting even though I'm retired because it's the only time my ex-Leader has meetings.

I'm counting on myself, her and all of you for the motivation to lose my 150 pounds this time and actually not backslide again a third of the way through.

Talk to you all later.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chicks! I have absolutely got to resolve my home internet issues. I've just finished reading the posts, and there is so much I don't have time to respond to it all. If I could get online at home, I could keep up. I've stayed on core, and things are moving slowly. I'm trying to decide if I should work harder and get this final 9 pounds off in a hurry, or just keep on doing what I've been doing and accept that it may take a while. I've lost sixteen pounds, but it has taken me around thirteen weeks to do it.

Nancy-How did it go? I still remember the feeling I had when we left our dh at a school that was five hours away. It has been three years since then, and I can promise, you do get used to the kiddos not being at home. Send him lots of cards and goodies. That always made me feel like I was still doing my "mothering" job.

I've got to go do the teaching thing (we had a better day in fourth period on Friday), so I'll have to check in later. TTFN
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 03:55 PM   #5  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

GO VICKIE GO - you can do it and we are ALL rooting for you! Let us know how the meeting goes!

Thanks for the fresh pages Rhonda! I too am trying VERY HARD to be motivated - need to learn to 'love myself' as per the richard simmons cd I watched last night - I am constantly abusing myself with food and don't know why! I really need to examine my feelings more and stay focused on being kinder to myself and putting only good and healthy things into my mouth. I find I am usually okay during the day at work but it all falls apart as soon as I walk thru the door - my goal is to PLAN AHEAD so I don't get caught and end up making bad decisions.

We too had a glorious and finally sunny weekend - after days and days of rain - yes it is now dark and gloomy out and clouds are rolling in - will obviously be raining soon but there is a promise of sunshine for the rest of the week.

I am also trying to up the exercise and activity - yes I will have to FORCE myself and looking to all my chickie friends for inspiration. I am actually off to the gym after work to do my weight training....then home for dinner! I am actually very proud of my weight lifting progress and that keeps me going - I am now leg pressing 115 lbs, lat pulldowns 55 lbs, chest press 40 lbs, bicep cursl - 30 lbs (15 each hand). I know there are muscles somewhere under all this fat

DH who was into running last year but suffered major leg pains/injury has now joined the Running Room walking clinic so he is off on his walk tonight - I find it is helpful if he is active too! We can plan to go for walks together as well - as long as the weather holds out!

74 days til cruise time ! YIPPEE

Frouf

Last edited by Froufy; 08-18-2008 at 03:57 PM.
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 04:02 PM   #6  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Not feeling well today as I feeling very light headed. Leo thinks it the heat because the moment I get out of the A/C my dizziness starts again.

Nothing new, except Leo treatment as only 1/2 hr.They gave him one chemo drug,so now we're off for a couple of weeks.

Hope the doctor letter will put United Airline straight. That a ridiculous statement to make to a cancer patient.

Tech- The hard core is working somewhat. but it very hard not to touch your WPA's for the entire week. I have 19 left as of today.

RHONDA-The Cape is getting pretty nice weather also,but I think I not used to it as I was living in the A/C house for over a month. Here's to another 2 lb gone week.

VICKIE-Heres {{{{{{{good vibes}}}}}}}for a successful core this time round.

SLOAN-The last couple of pound are the hardest to lose so they say. Never got that far so I don't really know.Just do what feels comfortable to you.

I need motivating also,I have done hard core for two weeks and I gain 1.2 on the first week and than on the second.4 Whats going one with this.Should I cut down on the grains & starchy veggies???? I like your input on whats the best way to do the Core Plan.

Thanks

Hugs

Last edited by beach bum; 08-18-2008 at 04:03 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 04:31 PM   #7  

Height: 5'6

Question... is hummus on core? My leader didn't give me a clear answer. Thanks!

Last edited by sammi861; 08-18-2008 at 04:32 PM.
sammi861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 06:35 PM   #8  

Sammi: If your hummus is simply chick peas (aka garbanzo beans) and olive oil, I would think it would be OK. (But not the pita!)

Mary Ann, I can see getting discouraged about gaining while doing strictly Core, but hang in there. Can you reduce your portions any?

Frouf, that is some impressive weight lifting. I use free weights but I can see that you are really moving along there...good for you! I'm only doing 2- 8 pound weights with bicep curls..I'll increase that and see if can catch up with you!

Vickie, we're pulling for you. Surely, the meetings will help you.

I walked for an hour on the beach (Lake Ontario) today with a friend and I'm headed off to a step class at the gym.

Rhonda
Old 08-18-2008, 06:53 PM   #9  
Southside White Sox Fan

The meeting was awesome! What a great day for me to go back. It was all about incremental goal setting. I've decided that I will lose 15 pounds ten times. It doesn't sound so overwhelming that way, does it?

I'll set up my first tracker later. I'm off to eat dinner and then go shopping for fruit.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:53 PM   #10  
focused and aiming

Vickie, I have failed, too, and am in desperate need of motivation. I missed the meeting last week becauseCurtis had a prior commitment and that left me with no wheels. We talked it over today and are making Thursday 9 am class our target. Your posts today are inspiring me. I'm glad you're back with your former leader.

Frouf, on the weight training. Nighttime eating is my boogie man, too. (That along with wayyyy too many sweets--especially ice cream.) I need help. And I need to love and appreciate myself more, too.

Rhonda, it sounds like you have yourself heading the right direction. Will you rub some of your "to it" onto me?

Maryann, do you think stress could be causing you to gain even though you're eating op?
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:10 PM   #11  

Here, Sandra, here's some "to it." CATCH!

I went to the step class and realized how long it's been since I went to that! Whew, what a workout that is. I was not sweating with the oldies, I was a sweating oldie!!!

Frouf, I did 15 bicep curls with 8 pound weights, and 30 with 10 pound weights. I'll feel that increase tomorrow, but perhaps I'll just be hurting all over so it won't matter too much.

Vickie, I'm so pleased you had a good meeting. Little goals are no doubt the way to go. 15 pounds at a time!

Let's go, Chickies!!!!

Rhonda
Old 08-19-2008, 09:33 AM   #12  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm so appreciative of the positive support.

Hmmm.....and all this exercise going on around me! I'll be swimming later today and I also swam yesterday before I weighed in. I'll need to start some serious and regular exercise but I'm giving myself a break this week. First, I need to get back into the swing of eating properly. I'm going now to eat breakfast. I'm starving! A positive sign that I did not eat after dinner last night.

Jim, my DH, has gone on program with me as well. He's blood sugar has been high so this will be good for both of us.

FROUFIE!!!!!! Hello my friend. It was so good to see you. Welcome back. I hope you'll be a frequent visitor.

Sandra, I'm done being fat. Let's do this together.

Angela,......ok I'm back on program. Where are you? I need your inspiration.

Rhonda, you go girl! I'm not allowed to lift over 15 pounds so it'll be walking and swimming for me.

I'll be trying to keep up with everyone from this point forward. I didn't want to jump in too much before since I felt like a hypocrite since I wasn't on program myself. I meant to be quiet during the meeting yesterday but no luck! I talked about Core and several are going to try it.

To all the rest of you.....have a great on program day. And....don't forget to drink your water to flush all that great fiber through.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:47 AM   #13  
Southside White Sox Fan

Ok..I'm being a moron today. I'm trying to create my tracker and I can't. I though all I had to do was click on someone else's tracker and it would take me to the page where I could create mine. It keeps tacking me to the home page.

Can anyone help me?

Ok....I've gotten all the way to the point of creating it and saving it in my profile. I did a preview and I can see it but it won't show up in my signature. Suggestions?

Last edited by Vickie; 08-19-2008 at 10:18 AM.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:47 AM   #14  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

I had a bout with the heat yesterday at the center,now The temps have finally cooled off,TG to a low 70 degrees.Light headiness, dizzy were some of symptoms with ringing & buzzing in my ears.

Today I fine again and going our for some grocery shopping an than to my friends house for our monthly canasta game.

RHONDA-Thanks for answering my plea.I was thinking along those line to cut my portion sizes of go low on the grains carbs.We're going to get the walking along the beach a try now that them temps are cooler.

SANDRA-Thats another possibility all the stress that I was having with Leo & treatment. maybe now that he'll feeling almost 100% better the stress will be leaving me soon and I will get to losing again.

Have to go will be back later

Hugs
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:49 AM   #15  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas View Post
I was not sweating with the oldies, I was a sweating oldie!!!
You got me laughing on this one Rhonda! And it hurts to laugh.

Well, surgery went fine, but I'm very sore. Pretty much slept all day, off and on, when I got home yestereday. I'm supposed to go back to work tomorrow, and not sure if I will be able to. I can't sit for long periods of time, so we will see.

Well, I'm going to lay down and rest for a bit. I'll talk to you all soon.
twestra is offline   Reply With Quote