Old 08-17-2008, 07:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 286/ticker/180

Height: 5'6

Default Worst Weekend Ever!

My mom came to visit me this weekend, and well I cheated big time I've seen my mom three weeks in two years. So needless to say it was a big weekend because I'm really close to my mom. My boss kept inviting us out and we went. It was easy to spend time together and just eat out instead of cooking and everything. I allowed myself this weekend because I don't want to fall off because I'm not letting myself eat the things I want. I don't plan on falling off the wagon, but I know I have a lot of making up to do this week to erase my bad weekend. It's hard to start over! I had my worst weight loss this week and I think that also contributed to my it's okay attitude. And the fact that I wanted to go home and was stressed out by my job! I see now that I was eating because it was easy. Now I must deal with that and try harder next time......sorry I just wanted to get it out!
xMeaganx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:13 PM   #2  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

It's just one weekend in your whole journey. It's recoverable. You're planning to jump right back on plan - don't overdo it with compensating for the bad weekend, just get right back on plan. You'll be fine.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:25 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

It doesn't sound like you've fallen off the wagon at all - you chose to celebrate the weekend! You knew the whole time what you were doing and you are getting right back on track now. Don't be too hard on yourself, life happens like this and it is part of the journey. Keep on moving forward!

ETA: You lost 1.8 this week! That is the picture of success, don't you go discounting the hard work you are obviously doing!!

Last edited by suitejudyblueeyes; 08-17-2008 at 08:26 PM.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:58 PM   #4  
Live for the Moment!

Like Jaime said, don't be so hard on yourself! Its life - and you will sometimes have a "bad day" or "bad weekend" but I try to not even look at those moments as bad.. its LIFE and it happens! That's what's so good about changing your lifestyle for the long haul... you can afford the occasional blip! Focus on all the good things you've been doing and the success that you've had already!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 07:25 AM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

Woah woah woah! Don't get too down. It may not have been the healthiest weekend ever, but I can remember a few of my own weekends that ended much worse.

You made a choice to celebrate out this weekend with your mother. There is no good, there is no bad. It was just what it was. And you know what? It'll probably happen again in the future at some point. You may decide that a dinner with family or friends is a special occassion, and you celebrate it how you want. So what?

The lesson to learn is to not make it into a frequent habit.
Once or twice a month? Maybe that's workable in your plan.
Every other day? Well... probably not going to lose much weight doing that.

It can be hard to get back to the healthy ways, though, after a long weekend of eating out. You can do it. No worries
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote