Old 08-13-2008, 08:46 PM   #1  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

Default is it weird to like the way you look?

okay, so i'm pretty far along in my dieting thing and stuff and i'm still going, but honestly, i sort of like the way i look.. maybe i shouldnt cuz then i could be more motivated to keep on going. don't get me wrong, i'm eating on plan, i'm working out, but on the other hand, i look in the mirror and i'm like, hey, its not so bad over there!

is it weird?
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 09:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 205/200/135

no not weird you have come a long way and look a lot different. i can understand. great job by the way.
sweetkam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 09:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 281/251/165

Height: 5'6

No, it's not bad at all. Confidence is very attractive to people! Keep it up.
albertagirl11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 09:54 PM   #4  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

not weird whatsoever! way to go and congrats on your hard work. once in awhile I catch myself in the mirror too.. and I go hmm... k it wouldnt be SO horrible if I get stuck here. But I know I want to reach my goals.. and I know we both can
valpal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:18 PM   #5  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Height: 5'5

I just wanted to say to the ladies in this thread and across 3FC, you have all done an amazing job, and you guys are such an inspiration to me. I think you not only deserve to like how you look, but you have the right to love you for you.

Great work guys.
martiniforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

I feel the same way right now. I'm okay with the way I look, and after loosing about 10 lbs already I'm feeling more confident then ever. I see stick thin girls and I don't think I'd ever want to be that thin. I enjoy having some curves on me, I think it's very womanly. However curves are different then extra fat, and that extra fat is what I'm trying to get rid of!

That's awesome that you're so confident in what you are! Stay that way, people will notice it
garstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:02 PM   #7  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

no its not weird, it should be the most natural thing in the world
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 02:12 AM   #8  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

its fantastic....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 03:27 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

There are 2 attitudes you can have in loosing weight.

One is that you are so disgusted by your size that you are motivated by hating yourself.

The other is that you like your body so much that you want to stay at a healthy weight because you love your body that much. I think this is a much healthier attitude to have.

I think you can realize your body is not perfect and still like it. I've very recently felt pretty good about the way I look. If anything it has made it easier for me to stay on plan. I'm not disgusted and thinking OMG I'm a fat blob I NEED to get this weight off NOW. I would think this way and then try to crash diet or something. Now it's easier to stick to a slow loosing realistic plan, because I'm not as stressed about my weight. I think in the long run it is better for your weight loss efforts to feel good about yourself. Sort of how when overweight people have nice clothes to wear and put themselves together, they feel better about themselves, and hence want to put the effort in to looseing weight. They realize that they are not a lost cause.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 03:41 AM   #10  
Fancy Shmancy bo Bancy

S/C/G: 168/115/110 Now: 129/129/105

Height: 5'2"

Why would that be weird? Confidence is great. It may be unusual in comparison to most of us to 3FC, but it isn't 'weird', and definitely not bad.
RedPorcupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 12:10 PM   #11  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

Weird??? HELLLZ NO!!!! That's fantastic. Think of it this way, if you like yourself already and you aren't at goal, imagine how much you'll like yourself at goal. Or maybe you'll find out that you have a weight where you belong that isn't at goal.

But liking the way you look isn't weird. It's sexy.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:24 PM   #12  
banned

S/C/G: 213/ticker/135

Height: 5'5

I think it's kind of sad that we're automatically expected to not like the way we look. And if you do like the way you look, you're automatically stuck-up. I've always loved my face and other aspects of my looks but I feel awkward saying that I like my looks because it's expected for women to complain about them.

I think it's awesome that you like how you look, and you're fine with saying it. You should be fine saying that you love your looks if you love your looks! I remember that one scene in Mean Girls where Lindsay Lohan's character can't believe that the popular girls complain about their looks, and she says that she can't find anything to complain about. And they look at her like she's expected to hate something about her.

It's a self-esteem and media thing. Girls are not taught to like themselves at least by their peers.

Anyways, you should shine in your confidence and teach other young women and girls to be happy with their bodies. Just be happy. I wish more women would be.
sunflowergirl68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:47 PM   #13  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Personally, I believe that loving yourself is a much more effective motivator than self-hatred. I don't think it can be said that many people are fat because, darn it, they just don't hate themselves enough.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote