UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 08-11-2008, 11:43 AM   #1  
Madcow aka Sarah

S/C/G: 274

Height: 5ft 3"

Default Buddies needed (again!)

Hi there! Back again! Looking for fun and giggles along the road to target which at the moment seems a long long long way away! Looking for buddies to laugh with and probably cry with at times.

Have been going to Slimming World and was loosing so would definatley be interested in buddies who are doing the slimming world plan. Got a seven year old son who I am struggling to keep up with and I do not like it. Mail soon, all replied to.

Madcow
madcowsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 05:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 266/207/136

Height: 5'6''

hi there. i am looking for buddies too, you dont live *too* far. I am in southampton. i see you weigh 266. I was 266 when i started. i am 210 now. still a long way to go though!!
gr00vybabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 05:43 AM   #3  
Madcow aka Sarah

Groovy

Thanks for replying. Was beginning to feel like Billy No Mates!

Massive congrats on your weight loss! Hoorah!!!

How have you managed to do it? I am only in week one and already I feel like giving up. It is sooooo hard! I'm just hoping that if I keep on trying one day something will click and it will work. Let me know what your secret is.
Have a nice weekend and mail soon
Madcow
Old 08-15-2008, 06:01 AM   #4  

hi madcowsj, no big secret! I just took one day at a time and told myself when i got through one day if i could do yesterday then I can do today and before I knew it I was months down the line. I also made the huge step of joining a gym and had a fantastic instructor there who really helped to motivate me. And I saw the nurse at my surgery who put me on xenical. I just used all resources available to me. I didnt restrict any foods (I had cheese and ice cream every day for the first week!) but just made sure I had them in moderation only. I bought a lovely pad and wrote everything down and tried to stick to 1600-1700 calories each day.

So no big secret just all the things we already know about
Old 08-15-2008, 06:28 AM   #5  
Madcow aka Sarah

Hi Groovy

I am inspired. Do you think the Zenical helped you? I am going to go and speak to my nurse to see if she can give me some advice.

I think I have taken all the good bits out of all the diets I have been on (unsuccesfully!!!!!) like being able to eat chocolate if you syn it, taken out all the boring things like having to eat loads of fruit and vegetables (this gives me wind!?) and added the good things I like, taken away the boring things that you should eat and have invented my own diet!!!!! Chocolate and no fruit or veg! Loads of diet coke (must be ok as it says diet!!!!!!) mmmmmm maybe this is why I have been unsuccesful before ha ha ha!

I too am going to go back to the drawing board. I hate being told that I can't eat this or your must eat that so maybe calorie counting is worth giving a go!

I am off to Smiths (other newsagents are available) to buy myself a calorie guide book and a notepad. Back to the drawing board!

I have a seven year old son so making an effort to play football and go for walks should not be too hard! My own personal trainer!
Old 08-15-2008, 06:37 AM   #6  

madcowsj, I thought you were serious for a second. I sat there reading and thinking omg, this sounds like the WORST diet ever!! pmsl.

Going to see your nurse is a really good idea. I was suspicious about xenical to begin with because I just didn't see how a pill that doesnt stop me feeling hungry can help but it really did. It totally re-trained my eating habits and stopped me from binging. In fact, I have some left so I am going to go back on it myself from today.

Getting a pad and writing everything down is a really good idea too, as is restricting your calories. Good luck!!!!
Old 08-15-2008, 06:41 AM   #7  
Madcow aka Sarah

I think it sounds good, however one side effect! It doesn't work!

Need to re think and re train my brain into eating healthier and more exercise it is common sense! I eat out of habit more than hunger and I need to start thinking more about what and why I eat!
Old 08-16-2008, 03:04 AM   #8  
Want 2 be slim & healthy

Location: Im in Spain but Im English, have lived in Spain for 15 years

Height: 5"11

What does Xenical actually do? Its mentioned alot on these forums and I dont know what it is!
kate1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 04:38 AM   #9  

Xenical is an obesity pill that will help you to lose weight. Basically it blocks 30% of the fat you consume from being absorbed by your body so it goes straight through, and in turn makes your body turn to the fat stores you already have more quickly so that your body is more capable of burning up your fat. It is not an appitite suppressant as many people assume so you really do have to do the hard work of calorie controlling yourself but if you manage to do that (and it is easier on these pills because the side effects from the pill will make you not binge) then it is a really worthwhile tablet for those who have struggled to lose weight on their own.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:54 AM   #10  
Want 2 be slim & healthy

Location: Im in Spain but Im English, have lived in Spain for 15 years

Height: 5"11

Sounds good, thanks for replying.
kate1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 04:56 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

Just to add to what Groovy said. The pill, in allowing a proportion of the fat we eat to 'pass through' creates an additional calorie deficit to the reduction in calories we're already creating. Fat has the highest number of calories per gram: 9 instead of 4. So you might think eat a diet high in fat and your sorted. However the fat has to go somewhere and a high quantity of fat through your digestive system at one time is not going to be either comfortable or pretty

So the effect of Xenical is two-fold. The additional calorie reduction as mentioned plus the psychological effect which will keep you accountable to yourself as most of us really do not want to make ourselves uncomfortable or embarass ourselves.

Anymore questions, please ask away.

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 09:38 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 182

Height: 5 ft

Hello all!
Nice to be here.I just joined yesterday so it's good to see GB people on here too!I'm so confused with everyone talking about their weight in pounds though!I started the year off weighing 14st 8lbs and now I think I weigh about 13.12(although I won't know for sure until I joing Slimming World on Tuesday)!
redheaduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 03:31 PM   #13  

i cant wait until im 13.12!!! i am currently 14.12, its only one stone away but it seems like another world too!! gonna be there sooner than we think though as im really dedicated to this again now!!!
Old 08-19-2008, 12:18 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 202/202/174

Height: 5'9

I really should have read this thread first before starting my own one about Xenical!! I just started on this at the weekend after seeing my doctor. I have already shifted about 3 stone this year after the brith of my little baby girl and now want to lose a further 2.

I was doing ok but for the last coupled of months despite my best efforts the weight loss stopped. So after going to see my doctor about something completely different I came home with these blue pills!

So far so good I must say......although there's been no oily effects yet?
Riot Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 01:39 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 298/289/192

Height: 5"8"

Hi Madcowsj

I would love to be one of your buddies too. Started slimming world 4 weeks ago. Since then I have lost 13.5lbs. Im hoping to get my first stone off when I get weighed on monday.

Im 19.75 stones at the moment, trying to get down to 14.

One thing Im really loving about slimming world is having a go at all the recipes. Me and my friends do one on a friday night and rate it. This week its butternut squash and lentil curry

I'm learning to cook again!

Debs
debsarooni is offline   Reply With Quote