Old 08-11-2008, 11:30 AM   #1  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

Default Billy Blanks? Opinions

The only exercise videos I've got along with and the only instructor I dont wanna smack in the chops 10 mins into it.
But are they any good? I know there are alot of vids/dvds not worth the materials they are printed one.
I've heard good things about davia mcall dvds and that the exercises actually make a difference, but others usually come up short.

I started doing some of his taebo and tried a abs bootcamp.
Anyone heard any critic reviews or have opinions on his dvds?

Hannah
angeleyezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 12:47 PM   #2  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

I haven't heard anything about him (so to speak) I did start doing his bootcamp video which is a 54 minutes of kick butt - I also do his cardio which is a great workout

Good luck
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 02:11 PM   #3  
Becoming Less Fluffy

S/C/G: Then: 286 / Now: Ticker

Height: 5'4"

Not at all helpful I'm sure, but Billy Blanks scares me. He's all plastic-y and shiny. I like his Tae Bo DVD workout, but I can't watch the darn thing because of him. Go figure! (eh, now I've got the willies)
One Fluffy Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 03:27 PM   #4  
Nogitsune

S/C/G: 195/ticker/140

Height: 5'7 3/4

I am doing his Boot camp Elite DVD's. They will get you moving.

I think it is all the eyeliner they put on his eyes that is scareing. It makes his eyes strange. That is just plain weird.
thenogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 04:20 PM   #5  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 231/187/128

Height: 5'3"

I Looooove Billy Blanks. His are the only workouts I can do without getting annoyed at the "instructor" or getting annoyed at steps I can't accomplish. His tapes are easy to follow and he's quite motivating in a nonthreatening way. BTW, my friend lost 50 pounds in under 6 months simply by watching what she ate (not very well because she would completely pig out every Friday) and doing Tae Bo.
mommyfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 04:25 PM   #6  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

I have one of his Believer's series DVDs. I like it, but it has too much repetition in it for me to do it regularly. I do think it is a good workout, though!!!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 05:07 PM   #7  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'8

I used the original Taebo DVDs about 9 years ago and lost 50 pounds. I just bought the bootcamp series and did my first workout today. I really enjoy Billy Blanks and the Taebo series!!
clewles81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:57 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 208.8/170.2/140

I had success in the past doing the original Tae Bo, and my sister lost a substantial amount of weight eating healthy and doing this. I'm currently doing the Tae Bo Amped, and it's awesome. Last time I did it I saw results in less than a week, and he has a ton of different dvd's you can get to do with the amplifier bar- (it's a three pound weighted bar, and it makes the moves so much easier, i think.). So yes, I' definitely a fan of his- even if he's shiny! haha.
jen1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 02:01 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

I have the original Tae Bo DVDs and have used them in the past and really liked them. I found his method of instruction to be easy to understand and follow and I liked the slow paced intro to the moves at the beginning of the original program.

I must admit I haven't gotten any of the new ones or the Boot Camp ones, so I can't really comment on them.

I never noticed the "shininess" *grin* but generally I expect any fitness instructor on video to look weird anyway! It's just something about the medium.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 02:05 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Holy smokes. I just went to his site and saw images of his daughter.

http://www.billyblanks.com/category/...out+shellie.do

The second image on that page? I want to look like that!

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 03:06 PM   #11  
3 S's: Strong, Slim, Sexy

S/C/G: 241/163.1/155

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen1019 View Post
I had success in the past doing the original Tae Bo, and my sister lost a substantial amount of weight eating healthy and doing this. I'm currently doing the Tae Bo Amped, and it's awesome. Last time I did it I saw results in less than a week, and he has a ton of different dvd's you can get to do with the amplifier bar- (it's a three pound weighted bar, and it makes the moves so much easier, i think.). So yes, I' definitely a fan of his- even if he's shiny! haha.
I had found the 3 workout Amped set on sale at Fry's a couple weeks ago and started doing them without the Amped bar. Liked the workout so I ordered the bar. Tried it for the first time last night... definitely intensifies the workout!

Billy makes me laugh sometimes in how he says things, but I like the workouts so far. I want to get more of the Amped workouts.
Phoenyx is offline   Reply With Quote