UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 08-11-2008, 10:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

Default Rosemary Conley

Just wondering if anyone is doing a rosemary conley low fat plan on here? I have re-started the 28 day inch loss plan, it works, it was using this plan that I lost all the weight before, but it is pretty hard core!! Well the low fat of it is the bit i find hard, no flora with my marmite on my toast is always hard.. but the plan works and I am desperate to get things moving again!!
Just wondering if anyone else out there was doing this plan and wanted to start a group of some sort? I am determined to get through 28 days straight without cheating. This would finish on the 8th September, starting today.
Also I use a calorie counting website, and I have put in my calories for the day using the menu as specified by rosemary and it seems a lot lower than the 1400 average that she specifies... i guess i will just bulk it out with more veggies and fruits.
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 10:56 AM   #2  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

I started out on the low GI plan but I'm useless with nutritional info and just couldnt figure it out. But she did introduce me to calorie counting which has really really helped me

Good luck though! It seems like you're determined
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 11:14 AM   #3  

I tried the GI but it was too complicated, her inch loss plans are much more straight forward!! I couldnt work out for the life of me all the different GIs far too difficult for my poor little head!!
Old 08-11-2008, 11:26 AM   #4  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigginpodgey View Post
I tried the GI but it was too complicated, her inch loss plans are much more straight forward!! I couldnt work out for the life of me all the different GIs far too difficult for my poor little head!!
Your telling me. I understood it but unless I had some kind of miracle GI directory book it was never going to work.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 12:30 PM   #5  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

I havent tried it before, break a leg! you too spoz!
angeleyezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 01:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

Hello, gosh you are a long way away.

I've done Rosemary Conley and yes it works but for me its another 'short-term' diet that is not sustainable, at least for me. This time around I'm not following anyone's plan. I'm keeping the fat grams low and calories around 1400 a day but I'm not eating anything I don't like and including things I do in moderation (e.g. peanut butter). I've lost 90lbs this way.

I'm not wanting to discourage you but want you to think what will happen after 28 days. How will you maintain your loss?

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 07:48 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 11st13lbs/11st13lbs/10st

Height: 5 feet 8.5 inches

I did Rosemary's Hip and Thigh diet years ago and lost a stone and a half, it was really tough, you could only eat foods that were less than 6% fat, which basically ruled out anything other than fruit, veg, lean meat, fish, potatoes, rice and pasta - not very sustainable for any length of time for me!
tracyj69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 03:47 PM   #8  

As I said Im not hoping to do it long term, and I have kind of just adapted it, i calorie count usually, so I have just borrowed some of the recipes and such and Im really trying to keep the fat down. I think thats why the pounds were stalling, I was keeping within my calories but was going over my fat allowance quite often. I just need a kick start to get things going again.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:08 PM   #9  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

I started on 07/31 with a 7 day diet in a Rosemary Conley magazine. No counting, just make the recipes printed.
I didn't stick to it exactly, as the recipes serve 4 and I'm only me - but I didn't eat all 4 portions! that's a good start for me. After about 5 or 6 days on it, I went onto calorie counting. I've lost 7lbs in the nearly fortnight, so quite pleased. I think something really idiot-proof like this magazine diet is a good way to (re)start a diet, it really reminded me how little I need to stay feeling full. If I lapse on the calorie counting, I'll go back to the magdiet.
Good luck!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote