Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 08-08-2008, 02:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Default Over-foedication!?!?

I was listening to the radio this morning about how obese our pets are getting. The doctor mentioned something interesting in regards to human overeating vs. pet overeating. "Mostly we feed our dogs better and they exercise less. Not like humans who use food as medication for problems and other things." Paraphrased big time! I haven't really given too much thought as to why I have overeaten all my life because quite frankly it gives me a big headache and I think I do need food at that point!! But gave this doctor's opinion a great deal of thought. Food and Medication...ummm! Sounds right to me. I know that overeating is a very complex issue for each one of us, and everyone has a different reason to foedicate themselves. I've made up a new word!! I'm realizing that I have foedicated myself for years. And I absolutely loved it until I over-foedicated myself almost to the point of death! I am using new coping skills, but still foedicate myself once in a while because it is such a habit and a safety net for me. I threw a bunch of melon rinds out in the garden and have a bumper crop of melon plants going. Wonder if I could do this with corn nuts? Better not even try and go there!!! LOL!!! You all have a nice weekend.
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 12:26 PM   #2  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

Love it Nancy! Me too.
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 01:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 320/261/200

Height: 5'9" 1/2"

I love the word you came up with. It is a great word that needs to get out and around. I think it defines really good what someone does with food and emotions. Have been thinking and praying for you since the funeral. Lots of love.
philandja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 08:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Default Thanks Philandja!

I appreciate the prayers. Give Mum, Sis and Aunt T a hug for me. I'm so happy you are on the road to good health. Remember don't over-foedicate!!! Sounds a little dirty, maybe it is just my old sick mind!!! Love ya!
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote