Old 08-08-2008, 11:08 AM   #1  
Free-thinker

Height: 5'9"

Default Question about logging

I hope this is the correct forum. I just have a question about how to correctly log my cereal. Do I log the amount of milk I use, or how much I actually consume? I don't drink the milk from the bowl when I am done eating the actual cereal. I never really liked to. So should I just measure the milk out before, then measure what is left in the bowl and only log the difference? Or just don't worry about logging the milk at all?
BlessedBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Certainly only the amount you actually ate counts. Whether you want to measure what's leftover or estimate is up to you. Maybe measuring would drive you so batty you quit. Or maybe if you estimated, you would find yourself consistently overestimating. We're all different. Personally, I'd estimate, but I know many find meticulous recording to be key for them.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:43 PM   #3  
Justin

S/C/G: 166/140/132

Height: 5' 7"

milk after the cereal is the bomb..haha

measure how much you pour..lets say 1 cup..and then measure the remaining ONE TIME.

then on..just estimate that you drank half of it or something. if it's skim milk it's only +/- 40 calories for half a cup.
ndnguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Honestly the idea of measuring out whta I don't drink/eat and then trying to figure out the difference would drive me batty. And really the calorie difference - if we're talking about skim milk - is negligible.

I would measure out what you put in your cereal, count that, and move on from there.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:50 PM   #5  
Free-thinker

Height: 5'9"

I use 2% milk. Only kind I can tolerate. I used half a cup and I only ate/drank half of that. So 1/4 a cup isn't that much.
BlessedBe is offline   Reply With Quote