South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 05:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Fantastic Friday Chirpings

TGIF!

It's been a long week! Today I have exactly 3 hours all to myself before my day starts, and I'm going to take full advantage of it. Carley went back home last night, so today it's just Audrey and Maggie and I. Carley is a little sweetheart and very good, but there's just too much of an age difference between her and the girls, and they don't have much patience with her at all. I've spent most of the past few days drying tears and finding activities that all 3 girls could be happy with. They did have fun making homemade pizza yesterday with fresh tomatoes and basil from their garden, though. Carley even had fun patting out the dough.
I don't have anything planned for today, but I know it's going to be a late night. I may take the girls to Dutch Wonderland or maybe the Phila. zoo today. We'll just see how the day goes.

What's your day looking like?
Old 08-08-2008, 06:02 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Cottage, cooking with kids...what a great way to pass the time!!! Hope you have a wonderful day...the zoo sounds like fun!

Kids start at school today, so I know it will be a hectic day for me. I'll probably be a puddle when I get home...should be "interesting" to say the least.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:08 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

HAPPY 08-08-08! Just stopping by to say hello. I'm in clean up mode for our potluck dinner party. I'm thinking it may rain, so though we have a big verandah, I'm cleaning house too. It's an open invite... and there seems to be a lot of people calling to inquire about what a potluck is... I'm making a green bean dish,and I know two ovens full of chickens, so I think it'll be easy to stat on plan. Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-08-2008, 06:24 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! Cottage, Cat and Indigirl, you all sound run off your feet. At least Indigirl gets to go to bed sooner than you do. Anyhow TGIF!

I'm finally starting to sleep in until close to six! It's so silly to be awake and up at 5 - just conditioning from those days when I had to dress in my power suit, full make-up and be at work for seven. My goal for the fall is to learn to sleep to seven. Where will it all end? Noon?

Just a few things on the schedule today and nothing on the weekend except take my darling Hershey to the groomer. We have to get rid of all her matted fur to see if anything is going on with her skin aside from what we can see. Her bloodwork showed a high white blood cell count and liver problems which we're treating with anti-biotics and other stuff. I hope we can get to the bottom of this soon as she's not herself. I had to get rid of her wading pool and she's miffed over that!

Time for another coffee and a tour of the site. Have a super 08-08-08!
Old 08-08-2008, 06:27 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks

Well the National Weather Service confirmed our golf ball sized hail (not that I needed their confirmation!). Lucky us. I'm feeling better this morning and mostly over last night's whiny-ness. I guess I'll just replant my beds with lots of fall greens. Still looking for green tomato recipe though for all those big tomatoes with chunks knocked out. A friend mentioned a green tomato chutney so I'm off to google that.

Cottage - Sounds like a fun day! Hope your weekend has some quiet time too

Cat - Have fun with the new class

Indigal - Hope your potluck is lots of fun!

I may skip yoga today and get to work early. Tons of work to do before I go on vacation. I want one of those jobs that just goes away when I go on vacation instead of one that requires twice as much work before and after! Oh well. at least I'm going on vacation!

Have a good day everyone

** - Hi Ruth! Thinking of you and Hershey and hoping things look up for her soon!

Last edited by CyndiM; 08-08-2008 at 06:30 AM.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:55 AM   #6  

Height: 5'11

Hi everyone! Short and sweet from me, we are off to school for my kids meet and greet with their teachers. It should be interesting my little sweetie going into Kindy is very scared/nervous because she won't know anyone in her grade. Poor thing.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:55 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 263/263/140

Height: 5'4" Age: 41

Good Morning!

Is it me or has it gotten warm again in the Northeast? I'm gonna have to clean half naked, lol

So, I have had take out food two days in a row and probably tonight too as my laxie, yes grease does help, lol.. but tomorrow I'm goin back on Phase 1, can't stand eating junkfood anymore, it used to make me happy while eating but now it just sucks, which as a junk food addict is surprising to me.

You ever notice when you eat alot of junkfood and take out that your face breaks out? May not happen with all of you but sure does to me. Need to go wash my face with acne cleanser again, lol...

Hope you all have a good day.. and to quote Melanie:

Quote:
Jellybean, I'll tell you a little secret... I can't drive either! I mean, technically I know how to drive, but I have never had my license, when I was a minor/teen my grandparents refused to pay for insurance yet did not want me to work, then as I got older and moved out, I worked but could not afford the insurance let alone a car, (let alone my rent and electricity!). Now at 22, still no license or car and a lot of people probably are raising their eyebrows, but it honestly was virtually impossible. I don't know about the other states, but in NC you have to have insurance to get a license, and insurance costs money! And of course, there's the issue of saving up to buy a vehicle that you can get insurance ON... and for me, the past few years after moving out of my rich grandparents house at 18, money has been extremely tight and I've learned what it's like to live the poor life. Luckily, soon I'm going to change all of that, as far as the license goes, 'cause my BF has been wanting to get me insurance and a driver's license and now a car, especially since I'm the primary caretaker of our son. Even if we can't manage the car part right now, I can still drive his, once I get the insurance and license and all.

And it's the same where I live, there are no jobs, even for people with college degrees (BF has computer tech certifications and does this as a side job from the house after work and on the weekends, but has had trouble finding a real job in the computer field so he has to do mediocre construction sort of stuff for the time being). I haven't had a job in awhile so I understand, even before I was pregnant it was really hard to get any sort of job. I was a cashier, and then a telephone book deliverer (a lady drove while I delivered and she made most of the cash AND I had to pay gas)... This county I live in SUCKS as far as all that goes, not to mention there is no public transportation here. So I understand where you're coming from.

But I wish there was a way other than just losing weight, that you could gain self esteem and confidence and fight those peeps off. Losing weight is great and I'm sure would do wonders for anyone's self esteem; I know it will definitely do wonders for mine; but there's more to it than just looking good to gain self esteem. There's got to be other things that you're good at, talents and skills that you have, that you've got to give yourself credit for, and realize you're worthy of self esteem and confidence. Also, another thing in common I see: I was in therapy from around 12 on as well, and through high school, after my parents seperated. I was basically forced to see a school psychologist because the teachers thought I started acting withdrawn and anxiety ridden (today, as an adult, I am quite talkative but still anxiety ridden, so I guess that goes to show that therapy doesn't do much good!) I see it is pretty late now and likely you're in bed, so I will probably repost this and requote you in tomorrow's thread to continue the conversation.

Yes it does seem we have alot in common, some just don't seem to understand where I come from, it's nice to know someone who does. Weight has been a problem all my life, I believe that it's the core of all my problems. And what makes us happy and positive we do right? Well my weight is the most important thing I would like to accomplish once and for all, I'm sick of struggling. Can't get the clothes I want, they have crappy styles for plus size for my taste, most times I have to go to Fashion Bug (which is very expensive) to find my size clothing. I just want to be in the norm like everybody else, it's cheaper.

As for mental health, ya I've gone through alot - have had suicidal thoughts, diagnosed as majorly depressed, used to be a cutter, probably have ED tendancies too, who knows. I was physically abused as a child all the way until I was 16 or 17, verbally abused, told I was nothing and would not accomplish anything in life.. and on top of that lead a very strict life since I was born. Was not allowed to do anything unless my parents approved, couldn't hang with certain friends, couldn't work when I wanted to, drive, couldn't make my own choices.. and yet it's still like that, the only thing I have done on my own regardless of what everyone else thought was graduating and getting my license..

Some may think i'm pathetic for listening to my parents and obeying them.. but I see it as probably a good thing because I never ended up a drunk or druggie like my brothers and sisters.. one of my brothers died in 2003 from drugs and alcohol, my sister was on the same path but she moved out and I guess straightened up and so did my other brother, and my father used to be an alcoholic.. I was and never will be anything like them, I'm kinda glad I'm not like that, won't be friends with anyone like that, won't date anyone like that.. call me judgemental, lol

Last edited by JellyBean32882; 08-08-2008 at 06:58 AM.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:01 AM   #8  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all. Seems like I fly by here in the morning lately. This week has been very busy for me. Next week life should settle down a bit.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 08-08-2008, 07:14 AM   #9  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnRose View Post
It should be interesting my little sweetie going into Kindy is very scared/nervous because she won't know anyone in her grade. Poor thing.
When you go in the room, find another child that looks a little nervous and introduce them to each other and say something like "hey, isn't it great you both have a friend in here?!!"

then LEAVE as soon as you can. From my years of experience I've learned that the longer Mama stays, the worse it is. I promise...they will be fine. !
Old 08-08-2008, 07:29 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmecreole View Post
When you go in the room, find another child that looks a little nervous and introduce them to each other and say something like "hey, isn't it great you both have a friend in here?!!"

then LEAVE as soon as you can. From my years of experience I've learned that the longer Mama stays, the worse it is. I promise...they will be fine. !
That is great advice, Cat, and it does work! When the parent hangs around, it just makes the child feel more insecure. AutumnRose, I hope your little one enjoys her first day, it's a big day for her!

Has anyone noticed how August brings out the spiders? They're everywhere! I dust and vacuum every single day, but the cobwebs come right back.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:51 AM   #11  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

good morning all... saying HI wish it was NEXT friday

for the second time this year i have GIANT mushrooms on my lawn... weird. lived here almost 20 years and never had 'shrooms. this year i'm full of them.

feeling better this a.m. DH is babysitting older son (24 and emotionally disabled) today. he's not happy. we had no other options.

glad so glad it's FRIDAY... wonder how many folks are getting married on 08/08/08!
Old 08-08-2008, 08:25 AM   #12  
Determined to lose!

I agree with the others.... hanging around only makes it harder on the little ones. you went through it, we all did, and we survived .

Me, didn't get the bedroom done yesterday, spent the day submitting resume's. No word yet from the company I interviewed on Wed.

With the car repair bill of 500, and the fuel taking another454 yesterday, I'm down to 40 in the check book. Full tank, so thats good. But I'm low on meat, coffee, cream, and fresh veggies! YIKES! Time to get creative.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:05 AM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnRose View Post
It should be interesting my little sweetie going into Kindy is very scared/nervous because she won't know anyone in her grade. Poor thing.
Little Guy started Kindergarten a couple of weeks ago and didn't know anyone in his class either, but he's doing just fine. He's made a good friend and they play together on the playground every morning before the bell rings. He also gets along with the other kids in his class, he's just always with the one friend.

I took a tylenol PM last night and actually slept pretty well, only waking up a couple of times. My stomach still is not happy, and I've eaten nothing but crap lately, so that's probably part of it. My tickie is not honest at all, but we need to go to the store and get some healthy food so I can get back on track.

Oy, one last day to get through. Gotta hit the shower. Hope everyone has a good day.

Lisa
Old 08-08-2008, 09:13 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Morning all, what a beautiful morning out there. I have opened the house up to let in some fresh air. Hoping for a very calm day at work, boss is gone and DS is here just to help man the phones.

I do believe I will do grocery shopping tonight, I am running low on "legal" foods and my eating is showing it, what a poor excuse, I live right behind a grocery store for cying out loud (although an expensive one that I don't do my major shopping at).

Well shoot work calls, gotta run, will try to check back later. Have a good one ladies!
Old 08-08-2008, 09:17 AM   #15  
On my way

S/C/G: 262/210/159

Height: 5'2"

Good morning all! Tonight I am going to see an Iggy Pop concert in my new size 16 pants! And tomorrow, I'm going to a block party that is celebrating my cousin's first birthday. I hope you all have a fun an exciting weeked!!!
Closed Thread