Old 08-06-2008, 08:27 AM   #1  
One day at a time....

S/C/G: 142/142/130

Height: 5'3''

Default At Home Support Group....08/03 - 08/09

Morning all,

Thought I'd start this week's forum. So far all is going okay, my hubby got back on the plan this week so we are doing it together. Sounds like everyone is doing well, I'll check back in tomorrow with my WI results. Hope you all have a great day!!
BrianaSalvatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

.... TOM is here this week - should make for a bloated weigh in on Friday...yay!
LondonJulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:23 AM   #3  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Hey girls!! Things are going OK here, I lost 1lb last week. I'll post more later.
Thanks for starting the new thread!
Jenskihere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 07:58 AM   #4  
One day at a time....

S/C/G: 142/142/130

Height: 5'3''

Default WI Results....

So I did my WI today and I was 137.4 so I'm excited. The hard part for me is to see if I can keep it off this weekend as we have a function to go to and there will be lots of great food. Hope everyone's WI this week are just as great.

Keep up the good work! I"ll write more later, but I'd better get back to work since I just got here.
BrianaSalvatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/150/125

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone! This past week has been so difficult for me. I have almost given up entirely on points. I feel so hungry all the time. I know... eat more veggies and protein, but they dont exactly hit the spot most of the time. So I end up running out of point at like 3pm, and then I am super hungry for the night and end up eating more food anyways. To justify it, I am exercising like crazy... running and walking everyday. Just wondering if anybody else has had these moments of wanting to just give up.
time2shine85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 03:06 PM   #6  

Hey ladies!!!

Time2Shine - yes, I have those moments. I have been having them for the past couple days as TOM is here and I feel like a bottomless pit when TOM is here. Just want to eat everything!!!!! I normally have great self-control when it comes to food. I can resist any and everything that is "bad" - but when TOM is here, all bets are off! Tomorrow is to be weigh-in day for me. I am NOT looking forward to it. Next week will certainly be a more accurate weight - but it's so hard to jump back on things after having a week of "debauchery".

Hope the rest of you are doing well!!! I'm....... well...... I'll be better next week...haha!
Old 08-08-2008, 10:05 AM   #7  

Good morning!

I am SO tired!!! I've been at my parents house for the last 2 weeks with the kids. I usually go to bed around 9:30 or 10:30 - but while I've been here, after the kids go to bed, I'll talk to my hubby on the phone for hours! So, I haven't been getting to bed until 12:30 or 1am! Well, the kids still get up at their normal time. So I've been losing sleep slowly since I've been here and it's catching up on me. I could probably go back to bed right now - but I can't. So I am dragging........... yay!

Today is my weigh-in day. I'm avoiding it a little. I know there will be a gain because of TOM. I'm just scared as to how much of a gain. Usually TOM brings a 2-3 pound gain - so even though I may not have actually gained that much - still seeing those numbers on the scale suck. One thing about being here is that my mom is the worlds most awesome cook. She's also on weight watchers so she makes WW friendly meals. So I've been trying to retain all the knowledge I can from her with food! I'll be heading back home on Sunday afternoon.

I think that's about it for an update. I'll write when I weigh-in.....
Old 08-08-2008, 12:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Height: 5'7"

Time2 - - I have those moments all the time. I get frustrated because I thought that if I lost weight my problems would go away. Sometimes I think that I may as well eat what I want and just be fat and stay safe in my house all the time and just exist here. I usually talk myself out of that, but it does get frustrating when you feel like you're doing everything right and yet it goes all wrong.

Julz!!!!!!!! Go weigh yourself girl! Just do it and get it over with, you may be suprised.

Good job Briana!

I stayed even this week. I've not been very strict with my eating and I've been doing a lot of sitting. I'm really stressed out at both work and home and I don't have a lot of real life support, so I just give up and feel blah. I'm sure I'll snap out of it, but I'm just in a funk. Hope everyone else is having a great week!

Jeanne - - where are you?!?!?!
Mom2QJandT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 01:01 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 160/150/125

Height: 5' 6"

Hi! So I weighed in this morning, 150.6, a gain of 1lb. Not horrible considering I haven't been watching what I eat AT ALL for the past 4 days. I feel awful about it and really need a fresh start. I notice I am in a cycle. I get very hungry while at work, so I end up eating around 10 points worth of lunch, plus my 5 point breakfast. That leaves me a whopping 6 points for supper and snacks. I come home, have a snack... usually around 2-3 points, then I am stuck with trying to create a filling 3-4 point meal for supper (impossible!). At this point I give up, eat whatever I want and say "tomorrow will be different", which it never is. I am seriously doubting that 21 points is enough for me! It doesn't help much that the girls I eat lunch with at work eat huge meals that make my veggies, salad, and 100 calorie pack snacks look tiny... and they point this out regularly. I am just so annoyed with everything to do with food right now. Why can't I stick to it, why am I so tempted, why do I gain weight every time I even think of unhealthy food!! Sorry to always sound so negative... I really am a pleasant person, I just come here when I am at my low points, hoping for some kind of hope.
time2shine85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 11:35 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 331/317.2/150

Height: 5'8"

Hey everyone I've been bad about coming around. Probably because I'm embarrassed that I haven't journaled. Oh well its a new day tomorrow and new week. Its my dd's first day of Kindergarten so I have to start getting up early to get her breakfast and see her off on the bus before leaving myself. Since I'm going to bed early to get her to go to bed early I'm getting up early for some exercise. WOOHOO, let's see how this goes. I'm also weighing in tomorrow and scared I'll be up a bit.

Time2,
Try kidney beans they are 1 pt for a 1/2 cup and very filling. I find when I eat a lot of raw veggies or salad before dinner I don't eat as much. A glass of water I know is a good thing before dinner. Sometimes hunger is really dehydration or the start of it. I have those times usually the week or two before TOM.

hello everyone else. I'll try to be more active this week as I get back on plan it will be nice to have support and keep motivated by knowing I'm not alone.
LessOfLissa is offline   Reply With Quote