Old 08-05-2008, 09:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Default Lifetime member starting over

Greetings.

I lost about 25 lbs on WW and made lifetime status in 2001. It took about 10 long months to lost that 25lbs! Unfortunately, I put it all back on plus another 25lbs. Quite frankly, I think my goal weight was too low - I was trying to weigh what I was before my second child (my all time low was 136 at wedding). I tried South Beach and Atkins but could not stick - when you tell me I cannot eat something, I find that it is a staple in my diet!

I had a lot of trouble keeping up with the points system particularly with a toddler and a newborn. Thought it would get easier but with two pre-teens, school and potential new job for myself, it is hard to perform the math prior to every meal. However, this diet was my most successful and I think if I just stuck to it, I would have kept the weight off.

I am thinking about trying again - particularly with the new Core program. I have a few questions and I would appreciate any or all help.

1. I am thinking about going to the meetings again - anyone have a good spot in Fairfield County CT that they are particularly thrilled with?

2. Should I return as a Lifetime member or start brand new? I am trying to watch my $$$ (who isn't!). I was thinking about the member pass for the first month or two to really get started. I know with Lifetime, you do not have to pay for missed weeks. Weekly meetings in my area are $12 per week, the pass would lower it to $9.22 plus I'd have the website.

3. Can I change my goal weight without being penalized? I honestly think the plan I had was just too low (I'm 5'7").

Thanks!
Momofsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

As far as I know you can pick your own goal weight, but they start you off with a 10% weightloss goal. The people in my meetings have had success with Core, they say it's easier to follow than Flex.
You can find a nearby meeting by going into weight watchers dot com, find a meeting. It will ask you for your postal code, and then tell you the nearest meetings.
to 3FC Momofsteel!!!

Last edited by Kofarq; 08-05-2008 at 11:31 AM.
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 211/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Thanks! I think I am going to try Core. The others are just too restrictive for me. I posted on the WW.com board to ask about a good group in my area.
Momofsteel is offline   Reply With Quote