Old 08-04-2008, 10:46 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Thin4Life - Week of August 4/08

Good morning!

The vacation was wonderful--we did a lot of walking (I forgot to take my pedometer to keep track) and I did fairly well with eating. Saranac/Lake Placid is beautiful. We went to High Falls Gorge which had a 30-minute walk of the gorge area and waterfalls. We also did the nature walk so we walked for 1 1/2 hours! I was sweating by the time we were done but it felt good. Overall it was nice to be away.

Lisa: I think, as you do, that the issues with my hands are due to a pinched nerve. I'm hoping that DH's chiropractor gets a cancellation so that I can get in. My fingers are numb and if I hold my hands/arms in a certain way they start tingling more. I really don't think it's carpal tunnel. I think it's something in my upper back/neck area. *sigh* I just want to feel good. Typing is a real challenge and trying to button a shirt is an adventure.

Lori: I'm hoping to get things figured out as to what's causing all these various symptoms.

I have say though that since they increased my synthroid I'm not taking naps in the afternoon and my ankles haven't swelled at all so that's a good sign.

I'll check in again later--hope everyone had a good weekend!
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 01:49 PM   #2  

Height: 6'0"

Melissa, Glad your vacation was nice. Sounds great--I love to hike and I really enjoy waterfalls. Also glad to hear that your ankle swelling has decreased. Hope the chiropractor sees you soon.

Had a good weekend. DH and I played golf twice--got caught in the rain (a real gully washer) on Friday. Went to the beach. Did pretty well eating-wise, except for the pina colada on Saturday night.

Hi to Lori.
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 09:04 AM   #3  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

My weekend was OK. DH and I went to a friend's on Saturday for a BBQ, but one of our friends was acting very negative about everything (he had to move back from CA because he was broke and isn't happy about it) and it just brought the night down. On Sunday we started replacing our kitchen floor. DH had taken up all the old vinyl tiles the previous week and we started laying the new ones. Well I should say he started. I was doing grocery shopping and other chores! We only have one spot left to do, and that is under the fridge.

Melissa - Your trip sounds like it was fun! I can't wait for my vacation at the beginning of September.

Lisa - Did you get any rain as a side effect from Edouardo?
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 03:05 PM   #4  

Lori, Isn't it something how one person can bring a group down? I guess he never heard: Bloom where you're planted.

So, how does your new floor look? Is it vinyl, tile or wood? We had our MBA floor tiled and it is so nice. I waited too long; our vinyl floor always looked dirty even though I cleaned it often.

Went to yoga last night and it was good; I'm getting better at some of the poses. Also, it helped me sleep last night.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:42 AM   #5  

Good morning! I wasn't able to get into the chiropractor this week but do have an appointment for next Friday (15th). I did make an appointment with a physical therapist because the doctor sent me a slip for that. Last night was rough--I was getting a lot of shooting spasms up my arm (probably didn't help anything by trying to sew a patch on DS shirt). I'm hoping I can get something resolved, I'm tired of not being able to sleep and feel my fingers!

Lisa: I always slept really good after my yoga classes...it really taught me how to relax and stop my brain from thinking about things.

Lori: I'm sure it was frustrating to have one of your friends being so negative at a get together--it really brings everyone down. How's the new floor installation coming along?

I did go to my meeting yesterday and was surprised with a .6 loss My goal was to at least stay the same so a loss is really good. I'm slowly creeping back down to where I want to be...at least I'm out of the 150's!

We're finally getting some cooler weather here--this morning it was only 66 when I came into work. We had a little rain earlier but now the sun is out for the time being.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:34 AM   #6  

Melissa, I do hope the chiropractor helps you. How awful to be having those symptoms. My brother is a chiropractor and he has helped so many people. Congrats on the loss! I, on the other hand, got on the scale today and gained 3 pounds since Monday! I don't get it. My weight fluctuates at the drop of a hat. Yuck.

Your weather sounds great! We are in the hottest part of summer--the heat index yesterday was in the 100's. We had a terrific thunderstorm last night--our windows were rattling.

What are your plans for the weekend? We will play golf tomorrow. Tomorrow night we are going to dinner with friends and then the 4 of us are going to a Ron White show. He's a comedian.

On Sunday, DH is working, so I may go to a play. Several of my friends are in it. Sunday night I'm headed to an audition.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:09 AM   #7  

Good morning! It's a cool 68 here this morning and from what the forecasters are saying we're not going to get into the 70's. This is refreshing! We're still getting some spotty showers but other than that the weather is nice.

Plans for the weekend include football kickoff party tonight, Saturday is open; Sunday I'm spending the afternoon with my GF from Florida. She's here for a week and I made reservations for us at a new tea room and then we're hopefully going to see Mamma Mia.

DS #2 is away with his brother and sister-in-law to Cedar Point for the weekend so it's pretty quiet around the house.

I'm hoping that if the weather cooperates on Saturday that maybe we can go and pick some more fresh blueberries. I love this time of year with the fresh produce!
Old 08-08-2008, 03:42 PM   #8  

Got back from my PT appointment and I was right--it's not carpal tunnel at all but rather something in my neck which is causing the numbness/tingling in my fingers and upper back pain. The PT is calling my doctor's office to order xrays of my neck to see what's going on. In the meantime he gave me an exercise to do and showed me how to make a cervical roll for my pillow to help support my neck. He also used some heat on neck, which felt good. It's aching now but that's probably because he had me moving various ways to see what was going on. I have another appointment on Monday morning.