Old 08-04-2008, 09:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Weekly Chat Aug 4 - 10

Hello everyone! I hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was ok, my eating wasn’t steller but it also wasn’t terrible. I did a lot of shopping which had me out walking around (since I was at my sisters and couldn’t go to the gym). I'm actually balancing between 167 and 168 today so hopefully tomorrow I'll be down to 167.

I have lots of healthy food that we cooked over the weekend to eat this week. Skinless grilled chicken and veggies, I also go stuff for a salad for lunch.

I’m so excited because I go out of town to see my best friend for two weeks in just 5 days. I really need a break from life.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:48 AM   #2  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

coolies....
my weekend was good....
i have a week off from work this week....
im doing work that needs doing at home....
finding excuses to move and exercise more....
as well as producing a website, which the payment for is going to buy my wii and wiifit....
lol, well it might just got to figure out if it will be worth the money for me....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 01:05 PM   #3  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

Hello all!

I had a bit of a splurge-y weekend, but I'm back on track today, and not regretting it for a second!

Hope everyone has a great week!
just keep swimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 01:07 PM   #4  
losing and schmoozing

S/C/G: 175/ticker/155

Height: 5' 6"

I had a wild weekend due to a goodbye party for a fellow intern and a trip to San Francisco with some buddies. Even though my weight is up from Friday, I still had a fun weekend and I'm back on plan today, no harm done. Hitting the gym at least 4 days this week, and eating healthy once again!
cornellchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 01:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/140

Height: 5"7

Remember- I am totally with you on needing a break from life!

My weekend was not so good. I had a Relay For Life fundraiser so I over did it with nachos and then a whole funnel cake!! I did really bad.. really bad. I am up this week. I thought I was done seeing the 160's but darn it I crept back up and this morning I was 160. I am just going to have to get over it and get right back on track! This week I will do better!
aerogora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 02:25 PM   #6  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

My last week was quite bad so I'm trying to get back on getting lots of fiber and water. I'm about to do some WATP too... Back on track, back on track.
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 05:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

I had my first "cheat day" on Saturday. I went to San Francisco with my cousin. With all of the walking and fun at the beach, I actually got a workout. My calves were so sore. I was very proud of myself, even on my "cheat day" I didn't go over 1900 cal. I am sunburned though. I'm not looking forward to working out today with all of this sun burn. I'm trying to decide if I should, it hurts pretty bad. Any suggestions if I should?
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 07:12 PM   #8  

I had two interviews for externships for the fall today and I’m pretty sure I got both of them which leaves me in the difficult position of not knowing which one to do. One is substantially less work then the other one but I think more work means a better learning opportunity. I can’t decide what to do. (And I feel bad complaining about this because most people aren’t in the position of having two job offers).

Sh315 – Enjoy the week off. You’ll love the Wii and Wii fit. It is so much fun.

Just Keep Swimming – Good job getting back on track. Weekends are hard.

Cornell – As you said you are back on track today. Is your weight still up.

Aerogore – Oh that is hard. I had a funnel cake at the Detroit HoeDown with my sister and felt like **** afterwards. Such a bad plan it made me sick.

Tara – OMG I got stuck in construction everywhere I went this weekend. I couldn’t help but think of our discussion last week. Sorry you had a bad weekend. Good luck this week.

Here we go – I always use Aleo with my sunburn. It seems to help. Good job staying in control with your cheat day. I keep telling my sister that its one thing to cross the “healthy line” and it is a different thing to run past it at full speed and not look back.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:26 PM   #9  
Get through today

Hey, my first post here... It was so HUMID out today! I got in a workout and then had to spread a pile of bark around my yard. What's weird is I got a bit of sun, a it's a little burnt on my right upper arm. Just there, not sure why. Anyways, I haven't been sun burned at all in over 10 years (yes, I've been a bit of a hermit). And then I cleaned my entire house and cooked my lunches for the week. And now I'm tired. Back to work tomorrow and I think it is going to be boring. But today was a good day...
BellaHTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:44 PM   #10  

Bella - Welcome to the forum, everyone is wonderful. What plan are you following? Where are you from?
Old 08-05-2008, 10:18 AM   #11  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

Welcome, Bella! Sunburns in random, isolated spots are the story of my life. And I'm uber pale, so they stay that way FOREVER.

So, I have an NSV to share! Which is good, because the scale hasn't been doing me any favors lately... I ran the 3fc 5k last night, and beat my previous best time by more than a minute! 36:09. I am super excited. I guess even if I'm not losing weight very quickly, I'm obviously getting in better shape.
just keep swimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:42 AM   #12  
Get through today

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemeberHowToSmile View Post
Bella - Welcome to the forum, everyone is wonderful. What plan are you following? Where are you from?
Thank you! Everyone seems wonderful so far! I'm counting calories (simple works for me, so far anyways). And I'm from central WI.

JKS -- That is awesome about the run!!! I always see people running, and one day I hope to be one of them (now, I don't want to frighten my neighbors!). My skin hasn't seen the sun in a decade at least, so I think it just might be confused.
BellaHTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:12 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

So with sunburn and all I worked out yesterday. Couldn't do the squat machine very well, the pad was rubbing my sunburn! Ouch! I ended up doing my best workout ever and burned 553 cal in 30 min, which is pretty good for me. It was my new record. Funny how you do your best when you're worst.

I'm a little frustrated. I've been stuck at 285 for three weeks. The only thing I've changed is I've started working out and I went from 1,200 cal/ day to 1,500/ day. Do I just keep doing what I'm doing and push through? Any suggestions? I'm wanting to go back to 1,200 but I know that's probably not smart.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:15 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

Hey you guys, I'm new -can anyone link me to a thread about what plans everyone is on? I want to know what everyone is doing for food and exercise! Thanks!
garstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:21 AM   #15  

Hey everybody!

Not sure if anyone on this board is from Chicago, but WOW did we have some scary storms last night. I have NEVER heard the sirens go off in the loop before. Seriously, my biggest fear are tornadoes (probably because I've never been in one). Ever since 6th grade when we read Night of the Twisters I have been TERRIFIED of them.

Anyways, I saw people writing about how difficult the weekends are. I TOTALLY agree. I am a calorie counter and lost 20 pounds staying around 1,000 calories (I know that sounds low, but I probably underestimated portion size a lot and who knows what they throw in at restaurants). I have started on the weekends though to have a couple of binges. Mostly after I start drinking wine... So I decided during the week to stick to the 1,000 goal but on weekends bring it up to 1,200. See how that works. Maybe then I won't be so hungry when I go out because I eat more during the day.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote