Old 08-01-2008, 11:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 195.5/182.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Default August Medifast Chat

Hello all! It's a new month! Here's to everyone being OP!

Last edited by LiLi Gettin Thin; 08-01-2008 at 11:01 AM.
LiLi Gettin Thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 195.5/182.5/130

Ok, so I'm back. I wasn't gone because I wanted to be or because I went off plan or anything. I've been pretty ill this past week and haven't had the energy to check my email or check in here. I have an infection *someplace* in my head. It feels like an earache, but the doctor said my ear is fine. She said she thinks it's actually a toothache, but I have my doubts. See, the roof of my mouth is very tender and sore, but it isn't near my teeth at all and didn't get that way till a few days after my ear started hurting. I have chronic sinusitis, but my sinuses aren't bothering me either. So, it's a mystery. I've been on super antibiotics since Monday and am just now starting to feel better.

The good news is I've stayed on the transition plan pretty well despite being sick. AND I've maintained my weight. I was worried I'd gain some, but I haven't! Yay!

I haven't had a chance to get caught up yet, but I hope everyone is doing well! <3
LiLi Gettin Thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 04:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 256/230/130

Height: 5'2"

Cool

Happy Friday, everyone!! I just got weighed-in and have lost 18 pounds in 5 weeks!! Woo hoo!!!!! I'm still staying OP and haven't found it too difficult to do, so far at least. Started exercising again - hopefully that will speed the process a bit. This program is perfect for me - I throw the products into my purse in the morning and go off to work. On school nights, I pack my lean and green meal and off I go. I used that disgusting oatmeal to make mini muffins (4 to a serving) and throw them in a ziplock bag and carry them with me. They make a great meal-on-the-run with a bottle of water, and I found a use for the oatmeal instead of throwing it out. (Still haven't had the courage to try the eggs yet!!!)

Going on vacay in two weeks to the Jersey shore and that will be a real challenge. (The Boardwalk is a killer - caramel corn, soft-serve ice cream, fudge, salt water taffy, Mack and Manco's pizza. It's a mine field!!! Not to mention the sticky buns my mother-in-law has to buy when we're there.) I'll have to be strong - if I go off program for a day, I'll never go back. I know myself. I can't take "just a taste". It's all or nothing. I guess it will be NOTHING! That's okay, though, because I just keep my eyes on the prize - I want to be 100 pounds thinner when I graduate from nursing school in September 2009!!

And: "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!!"

Have a great weekend, everyone!!
nursejoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 06:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 299/240/170

Sorry about the infection Lili. Sometimes the antibiotics are just as bad! glad you are feeling a little better. nurse....so true about your quote. I have got to remember that!!! I just received my new shipment of food. Seems like my enthusiasm is a tad lacking today. If my children would just give me peace for a second! It is pretty bad when the hospital is your stress relief!
nurse....how are the muffins? I have two boxes of peach oatmeal they gave me free. Gotta do something with it or it is in the trash!

personal question....anyone had any probs with constipation?
ROMANS828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 350/239/160

Hello Everyone!
I hope y'all don't mind my posting here. As I await my first shipment of MF products, I am trying to use up all the carbs like whole wheat pasta and whole grain bread that I won't be allowed on plan. Part of me just wants to give it all away and go low carb to jumpstart the process. I'll be a good girl and wait although I am battling the "last meals before I start MF" cravings.

Did y'all get a manual with your first shipment or is that something I have to buy or download?
TIA
CatWuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:43 PM   #6  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Happy August everyone!
Hope everyone is starting out OP!

Lili, sorry to hear you have had such a rough time! Glad you are feeling better and that the transition program works so well!

Way to rock the weight loss Nursejoan. I'm sure Jersey Shore will be tough...but you have some terrific results that you don't want to mess with! That should provide some good willpower!

Romans, My DD had problems with constipation this week and I thought they would have to put her in the hospital. I had no idea about some things it can cause! Don't mess around with it! get a good laxative and get things moving. Then I have begun putting Benefiber in my coffee and shakes. It disolves completely and has no taste. It will keep you from having problems in the future. I wouldn't want anyone else to go through what my daughter just went through!

Come on in and stay a while CatWuv! I am a dog lover myself...but have warm spot for the all critterrs.

Does anyone have a Wii Fit? I finally was able to get one since my DD works at Target and was able to tell me when they came in...
Anyway...It is the best thing for excersise resistant people like myself! I have a blast with this thing! Last night I spent about 30 minutes hoola hooping and tonight it was Yoga and step classes! I'm thinking soccar and tight rope walking tomorrow! It just never gets boring! I sure hope this helps with this plateau!

Have a great weekend!

D
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 09:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 250/241/145

Height: 5'5"

I don't have a Wii fit, but have heard great things about them. I used to do Dance Dance Revolution on the Playstation alot with my kids, and that was fun exercise. There were also a few "exercise" programs for PS with an eye-toy, but not nearly the selection with the Wii...that is my next treat for myself and the kids!

A
Rnmomandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 07:12 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 299/240/170

hi ya'll... where is everyone lately? I guess it's the summer slump. everyone on vacation and what not. So, I have just finished my first month of medifast and I am down a total of 15 pounds! yay! I figure that's pretty good giving I had pizza twice and fajitas and chips once. plus, I am constipated and menstruating. yuck!!! so, I am looking forward to this month. I haven't tried any recipes yet so I'll probably look for something to do with that oatmeal first!

Time to get the kiddies ready for church. I hope that everyone has a wonderful day. May God bless each one of you on your journey!
ROMANS828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 07:59 AM   #9  
Operator265

Hey y'all. I'm Baaaaccckk!!!

The muffins are the ONLY way I've been able to have the oatmeal. It also makes it easy to make them on the weekends and then just throw them in the lunch bag before work. You might be able to mix the eggs with salsa and garden burger crumbles to make a sort of omelet. IDK.

Lili-so sorry to hear about the infection. That royally sucks. I took super antibiotics last year and got so sick to my stomach that I missed 2 days of work for being unable to go 30 min. w/o puking. Hope it goes better for you. Glad to hear about your transition though.

Cat-You do get a guide with your shipment and you can also go to www.mymedifast.com to get the other guides downloaded for free.

Joan-Don't freak out if your weight loss slows when you start exercising. When you begin building muscle the loss slows down but once the muscle builds it will burn more cals. Also, you will be tightening up. Start taking your measurements so you have a way to SEE the process happening.

Romans-Constipation and excessive gas. You are not alone.

djay-Alot of talk on the other boards about Wii Fit. Seems as though most who have tried it like it.

I'll come back a little later today and get caught up with everyone. I think I just hit the wall. I'm gonna go lie down. Love Y'all.
Old 08-03-2008, 12:32 PM   #10  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Hey Ladies! August seems to be keeping me busy... last free month!

Operator, good to have you back! Didja win any? Good shows? do tell...
Djay, I so want a wii, sounds like fun
The absolute best way to stave off constipation is water and fresh leafy green veggies, (not iceberg lettuce and not canned veggies) You need the fiber to bulk up and without the water it'll just harden up
Someone told me that sugar free candies that contain sugar alchohol will set you going. (thats a nice way to make it happen, eh?)

I went to a tapas party yesterday, and some one brought an absoult dream dish... dried Kale! now dont knock it yet, it was Kale, put in a 300 degree oven with sea salt and pepper, until crispy like a chip! Delish, you coculd add olive oil or tamari and make it sensational.

On a sad note, my car died We are going tommorrow to get a new one, bye bye minivan, hello suv! no more minivan mamma. LOL
We also have our anniversary tommarrow too. Salmon it is!

Welcome Tia, You'll do great! Keep us posted.
Lili, make sure you get a good PRObiotic after a round of antibiotics.
Happy Day girlies!Be good and be happy, Missy

Last edited by missygith; 08-03-2008 at 12:33 PM.
missygith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 03:54 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 315/296/165

Hello ladies! I now have a pedometer and am tracking my steps each day. It is amazing that with as much as I am on the go how few steps I actually take! I am averaging around 5800 just with daily activities, really thought it would have been more. I need to "step" it up...sorry but I had to do it.

I am heading out of town for a week and leaving my DH home with the kids, should be interesting to see how things go while I am gone. Painting is almost done, I am rethinking one color.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!! I will check in again before I head out of town.
Gatorgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 07:19 PM   #12  
Releasing the inner hiker

Just a quick pop-in to let you all know that I am on vacation and will have spotty internet until the end of August. I'm still plugging away and have lost a few more lbs, but not enough to actually change my ticker yet. I'll save that change until I get back and the weight is official.

Hope everyone is well.
Zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:44 AM   #13  
I'm on my way...

S/C/G: 264/246/135

Just wanted to show up for a moment. I have not been OP for a while, have been having "issues". This morning I'm having a vanilla shake mixed with coffee (my MF breakfast staple) and I feel hopeful that I can come back... I don't know what all has been up with me.

I haven't weighed myself in over a week, either, always a bad bad sign with me. So anyway, I'm not going to weigh this morning either. Maybe just concentrate on wearing the clothes that fit and sticking to plan. Sigh.

Thanks for being here...
mirihawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 12:25 PM   #14  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/140

Miriam, we'll all be saying a prayer for you. Hang in there sweetie, we love you!

Jen, where are you going for so long? *nice*

Today is my anniversary! 7 years! Dinner date!
Also because our lovely car decieded to die (1 day before our last car payment!) We have to do it in my DH commuter car...:P My DHs work car is messy and cluttered and just plain dirty! Oh well, if it wornt for him working... I wouldnt be able to do the diet! Ok. I just hate the small car. Im sad my minivan is going away, she's been real good for us, lots of road trips! The problems are so bad the mechanic just said to get rid of the car, didnt even offer to fix it! When I asked how much it would cost to fix it, he gave me the most shocked look and said "you wanna fix it!?" Like I was crazy... LOL A mechanic talking me out of fixing my car! Itsssss baddddd!

Well, I got 1 more meesly pound until ONEderland! Hopefully, I can get this soon!
Have a fun and beautiful monday you gorgeous gals! Love to all Missy
missygith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 07:30 PM   #15  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Sorry to hear about your mini van, missy. The mechanic just told my daughter the same thing about her car a week ago...funny thing was...she came directly to me. He reasoning seems to be something like this..."well mom, since you bought this car for me it is up to you to replace it since it is broke down now"

Ummm....NO!

I always said I would send my girls out into the world with a car and a college education and then they would have to make it from there. I didn't get either when I left home...I kept my end of the bargain and I think that is pretty good for a single mom! Am I wrong here?

Anyway, sorry for the rant...and thanks for listening!

D
djay is offline   Reply With Quote