WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2002, 09:52 AM   #1  
Mo

Angry Motivated!

Hi Everyone...does anyone have some hints about adding exercise to your day to lose weight? I have been walking 20 minutes twice a day. I know that adds two activity points. I am doing the 18-23 points. Is anyone else doing these points?
I want to stay motivated and get these pounds off!!

150/146/120
Old 03-28-2002, 05:06 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

Try Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds Videos. They are great. She has 1-Mile, 2-Mile, and 3-Mile tapes.

DH rides his bike every morning. We put it up on a training stand (Cost about $100) and he does 40-45 minutes daily with an hour on Saturdays.

We also just bought a Cable Flex machine but it hasn't arrived yet.
Old 03-29-2002, 07:01 AM   #3  

I don't usually post on this board, but I just wanted to put in my 2 cents. Try to up your time little by little. I jog anywhere from 40-70 minutes at a time, which gives me an extra 3-6 points a day (even though only 4 ap's can be banked.) I try to go 4 or 5 times a week. I've been on WW for 3 mos. and have lost 15 lbs. The big difference for me is that for the first time in my life, I am losing it in my thighs! For me, jogging has been the trick! I am in the 18-23 range also. So try adding a few more minutes to your walking weekly, and gradually you will be able to add more points.

Just my 2 cents!! Good luck!
Old 03-29-2002, 08:58 AM   #4  
Mo

Smile

Hi...thank you for your tips. I will start upping my exercise this week-end.
Old 03-29-2002, 09:45 AM   #5  

I just had an appointment with a Fitness Instructor to incoorperate my WW with exercising.

She informed me that it takes your body at least 20 minutes to start burning fat and calories. So when I do go to the gym I walk at least 3 miles. There is a track there and it takes 12 laps to make a mile ( I am in Canada and I don't know why it's in miles ) but every third mile I run to make sure I run at least a km and to make sure that my heart rate stays up.

My fitness instructor told me that for my age group (20-30) my heart rate should be between 22 and 27 beats when counted for 10 seconds for my body to be burning sufficient calories and fat.

Let me know if this helps at all. If you aren't a member of a gym I use to walk outdoors also. What I did was take my car and measure the distance I wanted to acheive and then walked it, ran every once in a while too. But like I said I am in Canada and the weather in unpredictable so I joined a gym with a track. Till' summer time at least.

Kim
Old 03-29-2002, 11:38 AM   #6  
Mo

Angry

Hi Kim...thanks for your reply. I live in Massachusettes, so the weather here has not been conducive to walking outside. Now that Spring has "sprung" I will be doing more walking outside. I do not belong to a gym for financial reasons, so I try to do as much exercise on my own.

I really enjoy walking, and I do some crunches after work, and am thinking of adding some weights. I have 2-pound waits at home, and some Richard Simmons tapes that show me how to hold them. Now that the weight is slowly coming off, my attitude is really good toward exercising.

Today is dress-down day at work, and my jeans are not cutting into my waist like they usually do, so that makes my ecstatic! I have my WW veggie soup for lunch with some crackers...life is good! -Maureen
Old 03-29-2002, 01:28 PM   #7  

I do exercise videoes every morning - I have a huge assortment of 1/2 hour to 1 hour tapes. I especially enjoy the "It Figures" series with Charlene Prickett. With an assortment, you can cross-train and never get bored.

I try to do my workout first thing in the morning on a empty stomach. I have read you burn more fat this way. Also, if you sip water the whole time, you get a lot of your water out of the way.

This energizes me for the day and also helps me make better choices all day. On the days I don't exercise I tend to be a little more lax with my food. I guess it's psychological - I don't want to have wasted my time exercising if I'm going to eat crap!

If you want some good ideas for exercise videoes, to to www.videofitness.com - it is a wonderful forum.

Hey, Kelly - tell me more about Leslie Sansone - I am very interested in her videoes. What is your favourite?

Take care, all and happy Easter!
Old 04-02-2002, 11:20 AM   #8  

Default Leslie Sansome 2 Mile Is Great!

I picked up the 2 mile walk per a recommendation on this board, and definitely do not regret it! One tip - if you decide to try them, check out mysimon.com or a similar site to find the best price. Since some of the videos are a few years old, you can find great deals on them. I found the 2 mile walk for $8 plus shipping on an exercise video site that I can't remember the name of (sorry), which was cheaper than eBay or half.com.

To make a long story short, it was well worth the money! I can't stand a lot of exercise videos, and find some are way too hard for me because I am extremely uncoordinated. I borrowed an Introductory Tae Bo tape from the library, and suffice to say, you would not have wanted to be anywhere near me during that ordeal. I actually BROKE something in my living room! The 2 Mile Walk is perfect for me. The moves are interesting enough that I feel like I'm actually participating in something resembling aerobics, without hurting myself or breaking things, but it's a hard enough workout that I break a nice sweat and get my heart rate going really well. She's also very nice and real, and the exercisers on the video are normal looking people who even miss a step now and then (a plus in my book).

So much for making a long story short
Old 04-02-2002, 01:11 PM   #9  
Cowboy Up Chick

That's about the cost of it new also! LOL! Sam's Club and Costco both have the set of 3 Leslie Sansone Videos w/weights for $18
Closed Thread