Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-30-2008, 10:35 PM   #1  
murandmom

S/C/G: 166/166/140

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up Brand new here but ready to stop this!!

Hi all, I've been a member for a while now but haven't checked back for a few months, probably longer. I'm finally accepting that I do have a binge eating problem and I'm so glad that I can relate to so many others on this board!!! I'm still carrying about 25 pounds of weight from my son (he's 3 now so no excuses!!), but I'm realizing that even when I was thin, I still overate and had a lot of "emotional" triggers.

I'm ready to seek support to stop buying crap to eat (and then hide the packaging before my kids or husband see it), and I'm pledging to stop making treats for "the kids" which I eat the whole lot after giving them a sensible portion. I'm making the decision to do this for them--I want them to stay the healthy and active kids they are (coming from the previous "fat girl" in school, I have good reasons!), and I also don't want to die from a heart attack like my grandfather did. I realize I'm on a slippery slope as it's hard to deny a problem when this Sunday I ate 6 donuts for breakfast, Monday I finished a whole loaf of french bread, Tuesday I ate a whole bag of powdered donets, and today I ate two packages of Dibs ice cream (all of which I bought specifically to binge on)--whew...that really makes me face the facts and admit it. Thanks for providing me a means to gets support.

I'm so glad this site is here, and I look forward to reading all of your "advice" and tricks of the trade!! Here goes everything...
murandmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/236/154

Height: 5'6"

Hi murandmom,

The first step to stop is admitting that it is a problem......I just did this myself as well.
It was really hard to admit, but now you can at least recognize it when you start to binge and stop.
Ideally I would like to not start to eat the things I binge on, but I am not at that point yet, but at least being able to stop once you start it a beginning.
You can do it, just pay attention to mind, your stomach and your hands and concentrate on what you are actually putting in your mouth.
Don't deprive yourself of everything, or else on a weak day, and one will come, you eat all you can, instead, if you crave something sweet or salty try to have some alternative in your house that are more healthy than what you were bingeing on and eat those.

Hopefully this will help you start you on a binge free road.
It is hard and this is what I am trying to do as well, but we can support each other through this forum!

Britt
Britt83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:14 AM   #3  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Britt has a very good point that you need to be more aware of what you're eating and you're triggers. But I also think you need to work out your emotional issues too, we all for some reason eat to cover feelings or voids and untill you understand what you're trying to hide it can be difficult to stop.

Remember that it's okay to just feel, even if theyre negative feelings you still need to express yourself - and food is not a form of expression! I wish you the greatest luck, and keep us updated!
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote