Old 07-28-2008, 03:16 PM   #1  

Default Far Eastern Diets

Hi all, am new here

Would like to do a Far Eastern diet (Chinese/ Thai) obviously I am aware that restaurant Chinese food is nothing like the traditional Chinese diet, but can't seem to find a diet book as such.. anyone following a far eastern food plan? .... I have also considered Japanese (Sushi/Sashimi). I can mix some Japanese here an there, but I really like Chinese/Thai kind of stir-fried food, but not sure about how the diet plan works etc.. can someone recommend a book to read?

I just ordered the book (Why The Chinese Don't count calories) so hope this will help, but if anyone know of other books, or is doing a far eastern food plan then I'd love to hear from you
OracleSlave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 03:20 PM   #2  
Good Charlotte fan !!

S/C/G: 184.2/176/135

Height: 5 foor 1 inch.

Wink

Hi :

Perhaps a book called ' The Okinawa Plan' or okinawa diet, not sure which is the correct title.

By Colin Campbell, again not sure if PhD or MD. Any library has it, seen it around lots.

FairyVickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 03:24 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyVickie View Post
Hi :

Perhaps a book called ' The Okinawa Plan' or okinawa diet, not sure which is the correct title.

By Colin Campbell, again not sure if PhD or MD. Any library has it, seen it around lots.

hmmm at the moment am reading a book for Colin Campbell called the China Study, but its about his research in China and cancer/diet association... didn't realise he wrote a diet book. Will look it up.

Thanks
OracleSlave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 03:45 PM   #4  
Good Charlotte fan !!

S/C/G: 184.2/176/135

Height: 5 foor 1 inch.

Oh dear !! I may be wrong about the author now that I think of it !!

Yes, colin Campbell wrote something about China, that Okinowa book must be by somebody else !! Sorry. But it is most definately a book, have seen it around.
FairyVickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 04:46 PM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Search for 'the okinawa diet' on amazon.

The basics are pretty simple.

Rice (and noodles) are the mainstay along with vegetables. Very little meat is eaten. When I went to China, I talked to quite a few of the locals (well the ones that could speak english or others willing to translate) and that is basically what they said. I also have a friend from another part of asia and he told a story where his family would buy 4 ozs of meat for the entire family for a couple days.

I think the China study also gives quite a few tips.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote