South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 04:53 PM   #1  

Default SOme more questions sorry

I just started Ph1 today. So thanks for all the support and the food list. So am I understanding correctly that cheese is not considered in the dairy category like milk. In other words you dont have to count your cheese or cottage cheese in with the 2 cups a day of milk and yogurt. So I could have two cups of milk and then some cheese? Also you can have up to 2 tbs of oils and 2 servings of nuts daily? SO in other words I could have my 2 t bs of natural Peanut butter and then also have some oil on my salad? I need to get the book but I have a one year old so dont know if I can get it all read!
Old 07-27-2008, 05:01 PM   #2  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

nuts are 1 serving daily. If you have 2 T. of peanut butter, that counts as your nut serving.

fats are 2 T. daily (including cooking oils and salad oils).

The food list in FAQ provides all of the allowed foods and the amounts that are allowed on each. Familiarize yourself with it if you are unable to read the book.
Old 07-27-2008, 05:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

lanagrace, for SBD, cheese is separate from dairy. So yes, you can have some cheese AND 2 cups of dairy.
Nuts and fats are separate categories also. So you do not have to count your nuts as a fat serving, however some other things that might not be thought of as a "fat" do need to be counted as a fat serving, i.e., avocados and olives.
Keep asking questions and you'll get the hang of it. Lots of these questions are the same ones I asked here when I was getting started.
Closed Thread