Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-25-2008, 08:07 AM   #1  
Cute, Curvy, Coquettish

Location: Manchester, New Hampshire. Originally from California

S/C/G: 192.5/180ish- I think! /150.0

Height: 5'1"

Smile Opinions needed please

I usually weigh in Saturday mornings. I have not missed a weigh in since February 2007. I take the good with the bad. When I over eat, I still step on the scale.

For some reason I felt a wee bit lighter today and hopped on the scale. Sure enough it was down.

My dilema: Should I take today's weight and record it. Should I starve myself today in hopes that the scale will read the same or even go down further??

Your thoughts??? Be honest, I love honesty!

gail
bunny43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:14 AM   #2  
Changing for the better

Well, if the scale is already down, I don't see why you'd have to "starve yourself" to keep the same number on the screen! My advice would be to NOT record the number, just keep it in mind until Saturday....keep doing what you are doing since it is obviously working!
Kitegirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:16 AM   #3  
KLK
Karen: La Cicciona

S/C/G: Sz 24-26 / Sz 12-14 / Sz 6-8

Height: 5' 4"

I agree with Kitegirl. Just stay on plan today (and avoid salt/sodium so you don't get bloated) and on Saturday you should have the same number, I think.
KLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:24 AM   #4  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

just keep doing what you are doing.

i weigh every day but only count the weight on the first of the month (and I record it all)

July 1 my weight was abnormally low... it was 2 pounds higher the day before and the day after.... OH well...

so i look back at what I weighed a year ago and it was much less..... that's all i need to know.
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

It's the bottom line that counts.Do you weigh less today than when you started?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:55 AM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

It's heartening to see that low number! And yes, it does count. BUT--should you record it as your Saturday weight? NO! That's what you weigh on Saturday. So just smile to yourself, knowing that a lower number is possible, and weigh for the record tomorrow, AS ALWAYS!

Don't get into playing these mind games. You'll make yourself crazy.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:57 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

This is what I do - I usually weigh on Wednesdays - but, if I feel lite for some reason (like you did) and I weigh..if it's down. I just keep that as my weekly weighin. That doesn't mean I can celebrate with food because I have a couple extra days tacked on to my usual weigh in date.

I don't weigh more than once a week...because the scale can make my head crazy. For me...it wouldn't be good to weigh again so quickly. Only you know what you can handle.

Certainly, if eating less and disordered thinking about food would result in you having to get on the scale again so quickly...I'd say skip it.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:57 AM   #8  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Don't starve yourself. Eat is you normally would, and weigh yourself again tomorrow. It's no big deal - weight tends to fluctuate. Even if the scale goes a bit up tomorrow, I am sure it will down again next Saturday.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:54 AM   #9  
Cute, Curvy, Coquettish

Location: Manchester, New Hampshire. Originally from California

S/C/G: 192.5/180ish- I think! /150.0

Height: 5'1"

Thank you so much for your varied opinions! I will not starve today, I'll eat as usual. Haven't decided if I will jump on the scale, because the low number is AWESOME! hee hee.
I never weigh myself on any other day than Saturday morning. Today for some reason I just hopped on.
Again, thanks for your input.
p.s. I do feel that time of month lingering, which is the pits. That itself could make the scale sky rocket! hee hee
bunny43 is offline   Reply With Quote