Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 07-24-2008, 07:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/190/140-160

Height: 5'5"

Default Do you know about injectable lipo suction?

I have lost 25 lbs, adn I plan to lose 30-40 more. My legs are already starting to look pretty good. I just am not sure if I will ever be able to get this fat off of my stomach, and thought that there might be some kind of alternative to plastic surgery that might be less invasive/risky. I have had 3 big babies with lots of pregnancy weight gain over teh last 9 years (my "baby" is 3). My stomach still looks huge, like I am a few months pg, and I have that over hang flap too.

Tell me what you know about it, TIA!!!
tigerchic89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 07:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5" / Low Carb WOE

http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk...lipostabil.htm
snapless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 07:47 PM   #3  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I don't know much about it, but I will tell you that if you have a flap of loose skin, the only way to get rid of that is through a tummy tuck. I'm in no way suggesting that you need one, but I have a similar issue and I am hoping to get a tummy tuck...but I'm going to wait until I reach my goal weight. When I get there, I might find that it's not that bad and if I get there and it is that bad or worse, then I will probably have the procedure. I'm hoping to hit my goal by the end of the year, so that will give me some time to save up my money too! Good luck and let me know if you find something less invasive and less expensive.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

In the States it's called Lipodissolve or something similar ... supposedly in a series of injections, drugs cause the fat cells to dissolve are introduced into problem areas like tummy, thighs, butt, etc. The dissolved cells are reabsorbed by the body and excreted. I've been doing some reading on it and it's pretty controversial right now. The FDA has not approved the drugs used for *this* purpose ... although they haven't restricted them from this use either.

Some people have had incredible results with it (according to testimonials) and some people have not.

I'm still very on the fence about this one.

More info here:
http://www.yourplasticsurgeryguide.c...o-dissolve.htm
http://www.realself.com/plastic_surg..._dissolve.html
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...062600920.html

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 03:59 PM   #5  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

It is controversial. I had it done to a patch of fat in an akward spot on my arm that couldn't be solved by traditional plastic surgery and so my doc recommended that I should possibly try this and see if it works.
Well, it cost me $1k and IMHO was NOT worth it!!! I barely saw results and it was sooooo painful and the area went all black and blue and swelled up and stayed like that for a week and you have to go back like every 2-4 weeks for about 2-3 months for the total process. I would never get it done again. But, that's me. Maybe someone else had a better experience???
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote