Old 07-23-2008, 08:30 AM   #1  
MissyMalissy

S/C/G: <a title="Click here to get My

Height: 5'4"

Default Hello Everyone

Hi everyone,
I am new to this site as of yesterday. I have been to 3 OA meetings and must say that the Lord works in mysterious ways. I finally have found a place I belong.
I have been abstinent for 4 days now, and I feel so good. I'm an just started working on the steps and have yet to find a sponsor. But I am in prayer that the right one will come along.
I was thrilled to have found a spot for OA. There is so much to learn, and I'm so happy to have a chance to fellowship with more Oa'ers, so I was very happy to end up here.
I'm looking forward to getting to know all about OA and making new friends.
Have a wonderful day...
Missay
Missymalissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

Welcome!!
marny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 12:20 PM   #3  

Welcome, Missay.

This is a wonderful place to share our ESH. Hope to hear more from you.

hugs
patd
patd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/209/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Welcome Missay,

I'm new to the group as well (7 days abstinent) and am so grateful to have found OA. I know I have so much to learn but have found that the literature is making all the difference in the world to me. I seem to feel stronger if I have it in my face everyday. Good luck and it is nice to have you here.

Dee-Dee
DietCokeJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:47 PM   #5  
MissyMalissy

Hi Marny, patd, and Dee Dee,
Thanks so much for the warm welcome. I have picked up a lot of reading materials for OA. In fact a book I found at the salvation army by Kate Sheppard, is what brought OA to my attention, and what a big help its been. Any books etc, that you could direct me too that is helpful, I would appreciate it.. I love to read too, so a new book is always a pleasure for me!! ha!! Enjoy your evening everyone.

Missy...(I accidently put an A at the end..sorry...it is spelled Missy..)
Old 07-24-2008, 07:19 AM   #6  

OA Big Book study just started yesterday in the yahoo groups. I don't know if it's okey to post the link here but if someone knows I will be happy to post it.

It's a great study. We just finished one and are starting over. Lots of new people have joined.

hugs
patd

Last edited by patd; 07-24-2008 at 07:22 AM.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:46 AM   #7  
MissyMalissy

Hi pat,
I would love to be a part of that study..I will check back...thanks....

Missy
Old 07-25-2008, 06:50 AM   #8  

Missy,

I think this will work. Go to Yahoo and click groups and search is BibBook12Steps4coes.

If that doesn't work let me know and I'll see what else I can come up with so you can get to it. You will have to sign up to the group to join.
We are on the Forward to the Frist Edition right now.

I'm not very good at this computer stuff so hope this works.

hugs
patd
Old 07-26-2008, 07:17 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missymalissy View Post
Hi Marny, patd, and Dee Dee,
Thanks so much for the warm welcome. I have picked up a lot of reading materials for OA. In fact a book I found at the salvation army by Kate Sheppard, is what brought OA to my attention, and what a big help its been. Any books etc, that you could direct me too that is helpful, I would appreciate it.. I love to read too, so a new book is always a pleasure for me!! ha!! Enjoy your evening everyone.

Missy...(I accidently put an A at the end..sorry...it is spelled Missy..)
I hope the book you got is '"Food addiction-The body knows by Kay Sheppard? If not, this is a must read book!!!!!! I have 2 years and 4 months of abstinence because of that book. It's a lifesaver!!!!
blackcat99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 05:19 PM   #10  
MissyMalissy

Hi Blackcat99,
No that wasn't the book, but I will sure be on the hunt of that one!! Thanks!
The book I found is called "From the first bite; A complete guide to Recovery from food addiction. It is also a great read, and has been a big help in getting started..If you get a chance check it out...

thanks for the help,
Missy
Old 07-30-2008, 12:37 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 220/209/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

I'm going to look for both books by Kate Sheppard. I find the more I read related literature, the better I am able to stay focused. By the way, I've only been to about 3 OA meetings and I am waiting to get to know everyone a little better before I ask someone to sponser me.
DietCokeJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:56 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 260/243/199

Thanks Missy, Dee Dee, Blackcat and Patd for sharing your information. I really need this program.

Its nice to know I'm not alone. I'll have to keep an eye out for the books you mentioned. Just checked at the library and wouldn't you know..."...The Body Knows..." book was lost.

I'm to attend my third meeting today. At the first two, there was an individual there who really rubbed me the wrong way and its taken me two weeks to process that what he said to me was HIS stuff and I didn't have to own it. I can't let him stand in the way of my recovery.

I'm very glad to know that you are here (and this forum is here) for further support.

Rosebud
rose bud is offline   Reply With Quote