Old 07-21-2008, 09:52 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 10"

Default Weekly Chat -- July 21-28

New Pages for a new week.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the pages, Paula. I'm hangin' out with DH today, so I gotta go!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

I'm here! It's frantic as all get out!!! Two little ones, under the age of 3 in a very small space. They're great but the adults are frazzled!

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:54 PM   #4  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

Hi chickies! I am staying op and back to core. I will be trying to keep track of my eating on a thread. If anyone wants to join me, you are more than welcome. I need to get serious!

Have a great core day and drink your water!!!
twestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:13 PM   #5  

Hey chicks! How are you all?

Rhonda-glad you're still alive!

Tracie-Posting your food choices is a good idea!

Still have a lot to do. BBL
Old 07-21-2008, 07:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hi Ladies,

Tracie - Thanks for welcome and the info concerning my question. I really appreicate it as I did misunderstand how that part all works.. I do enjoy the my old fashioned oats and whole wheat pasta so it is nice to know I can have them and the other. I normally wouldn't have a potato and brown rice the same day, but nice to know how it works if I did.

I am new to the Core Plan and because I made a lot of mistakes yesterday I made today my first day OP making Monday my WI day from now on instead of Sunday. I have had a very good clean OP day and actually have enjoyed it. I love knowing that I don't have to eat anything else unless I do get hungry instead of having to try to get all my points in. Believe me I'm not knocking Flex as I think it helped me to learn portion control, but I honestly believe that having to eat when I am not hungry to get all my points in for the day was doing me in. I have seen that there isn't as much info on Core as there is for Flex so I plan to read your recipe section and get some ideas to use. And I look forward to getting to know y'all.

Trish

Last edited by pattygirl63; 07-21-2008 at 07:44 PM.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:18 PM   #7  

Hey everyone-I've been in a weird mood today. Lots of family business going on here, and I feel like I'm in a fog. Mostly spinning my wheels and not getting much accomplished. My eating has been on core today, except that I have not gotten in all of my fruits/veggies. I also have not had my milk servings. In keeping with the weekly challenge, I re-read my week one booklet today. I think I've been doing okay, but I've not always stuck to the good health guidelines. I am inconsistent with getting in the fruit/veggie and milk requirements. I need to pay more attention to that.

Looks like you guys are all busy; not many postings today. Hope you all have had a great day! TTFN
Old 07-21-2008, 08:23 PM   #8  
Tracie

Trish, you are right, core isn't as known or talked about as flex. When I say weight watchers, people say, oh, you count points.
Luckily, my ww leader is on core, so it is brought up a little more than other meetings I have attended.
That's why this is a great place for core info, discussions, recipes, etc. If you have any questions, just ask and someone usually knows the answer, or can figure it out for you.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:17 PM   #9  

Thanks Tracie and thanks Sloan for the welcome.

I do have another question. I assume that all the things in our book that has the check marks are Core and we don't have to count the points for those and if we eat anything not checked other than what you shared with me that we have to count those points off our WPA. Am I right?

I like your quote Tracie. I think realizing that this is a lifestyle change and not a diet makes a big difference in whether I will succeed or not.

Thanks again,
Trish
Old 07-21-2008, 09:40 PM   #10  
Tracie

Trish, you are correct. Anything not checked, is not core. So you would have to count points for this, using your 35 WPA or if you earned
Activity points(AP) on that day, you can use those. Just remember, if you earn AP's they must be used the same day your earned them. You can't carry forward AP's.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:00 PM   #11  
focused and aiming

Trish.

We're home. I got 1st and Curtis got 3rd. We're sleeping in our new home tonight. Hopefully, things will normalize soon.

Rhonda, have a glass of wine. And give those babies a hug for me.

Have a great, OP! day everyone. I'll be back tomorrow.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:17 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 10"

Good morning ladies. I did well yesterday -- I got home from work late (dh got dd from camp at 4). His suggestion was to go out to dinner. OK, twist my arm! We went to our usual place and they had a broiled blue fish. I've never had blue fish before, it was very good. Not a delicate taste like cod, a bit stronger. It had a dijon crust on it ( very light). I was happy with my choice. It was a nice Monday night treat.

Today dd and I are heading to the beach. There is only 6 weeks of summer left - 4 weeks then I'm on vacation for the last 2 weeks. I can't wait for vacation, but my Tuesday's with dd are quickly going away. Its going to be a sad September with her going to kindergarten full time and our special time ending. Sad until I start taking advantage of a full day BY MYSELF! No dd or dh......hmmm, could be nice! I do also want to do some volunteering in her class. I never could do that with preschool as I worked those 3 days.

Sandra - Congrats on the win! And Welcome to your new home. Hope things get into a good routine soon.

Trish -- Its too bad that leaders don't talk about core much. I do think core is much more a lifestyle change than flex. Realistically you are not (at least I would never) live my life couting everything I eat. I hated that part of WW and always failed. I would not write down something and feel the day was blown and then go downhill from there. I started core when it was first introduced in 2004 and hit my goal and became lifetime in 10 months. In my life I had never gotten to a goal, let alone become lifetime. By changing how I eat I have pretty much kept all my weight off (except for 5-8 pds that I continue to struggle with).

There are a lot of mis consceptions about core. In the last group I went to there was one man who talked as an expert (he was really annoying ). He started talking about core and how after 2 weeks you could eat anything -- he was basically giving really wrong information. I tried to correct him for the sake of others, the leader had to step in as well. Finally we were able to clearly talk about core. Oh well, it works for me I know it will work for you if you truely change the make up of your pantry and how you cook. The more you substitute things, the easier it gets. So many great recipes can easily be made into core.

Sloan, hope things are better today and that your family issues are not too serious.

Tracie - I'm tracking my food on ww on line. I've decided I just need to track everything to keep me honest. As long as we find what we need to do to succeed.

Well, taking dd to the beach today. I'm packing boiled eggs, fruit, veggies and dip for me to snack on. And tons of water. I am also going to bring my ww books to read.

Be back later!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:09 PM   #13  
Tracie

Hi chickies!

I did well yesterday. I stayed op, got all my requirements in and feel good today. My scale says I'm still up, but oh well. At least I'm only up about a pound or so. I will have the actual gain tomorrow when I go to ww and wi.

Today, doing good so far.

Paula, I had to work all the time my kids were in school, but I volunteered once a year for each child as a helper on a field trip. So I went all over. If I didn't have to work I would have been a room mother, but I couldn't do that. I had to work.

I will check back with you all later!
Old 07-22-2008, 12:50 PM   #14  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

It was a long long day as we left for the center at 7:45 and got to the hospital for the blood test and when we went to see the doctor before the treatment they didn't have the blood test results.Had to sit in the waiting room for over a 2 hr.Than They Led Leo into the chemo treatment room and I had to wait out side.

Got home around 6PM,traffic was horrendous as we had a county fair traffic heading our way and it was stop & go and I had two rotaries to deal with also. So thats the reason I did post yesterday.

We both still exhausted today,not going to do much of anything.

Our DD & DS will come up for Leo birthday Aug 2.So I have 2 weeks to decide where to put them,as the hotels are solidly book for Aug. She going to bring up her air mattress and we will have to buy an extra one for my DS.

As far a the core is concerned don't expect to lose on Thursday being that I'm really stressed and need to relax the next couple of days.

Going to have dinner now,will be back later

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 01:36 PM   #15  

Chickies,

For the warm welcomes. I am so glad I found this group. I have been reading and I am learning a lot from y'all. I am happy to say that I truly enjoyed my first day OP and my scales awarded me with a 2 lb loss this morning.

Tracie - I appreciate you explaining about the AP's. Thanks for sharing that as I wasn't aware they had to be used the same day. That sure does give me the incentive I need to exercise do in order to use the AP's each day so I can save most or all of my WPA for eating out or special occasions.

Paula - I hate counting all the foods too. I have always loved the concept of Core because it reminds me a lot of Intuitive Eating. I just didn't trust me to eat only when I was hungry and to stop when satisfied, but it is so easy. I think doing Flex first was good for me because I think it prepared me for Core because I hated having to eat just to get all the pts eaten. I remember a horrible dream I had once where I was being forced to eat. That is how I felt on Flex. I don't know if this makes sense or not, but now that I'm doing Core, I feel a freedom I didn't have before. I've heard Core people say "You can can eat anything you want on Core, you just might have to count pts on some things". I feel like I'm eating "normal" now and definitely a more healthy lifestyle. I was blessed to be able to be home with my daughter (and my boys) as they grew up. I worked but I had a Registered Child Care in my home. Didn't get to go to many activities but had great times with them. You need the "My Time". I used to make those times for me when all the children took naps and late at night when my kids went to bed. It makes your time with your DD and DH better. Enjoy all of it.

BB - Sorry you and DH had a long and trying day. My prayers are with you and Leo. Very stressful I know. My DH just had a Prostectomy in June, not sure I spelled that right. Everything looked good according to the doctor because the cancer was inside the gland and had not spread to the outside. Now we are dealing with after effects that can take up to 6 months to recover from. Now he had a hard fall flat on his back Thursday or Friday night and won't go to the ER or hospital so we have a doctor's appt this afternoon to see what is going on with that. These things are hard on them and just as hard on us wives and the children walking through it with them and we try to be strong for them. Isn't easy either to watch them suffer. My heart goes out to you. Remember to take good care of yourself.

Sandra - I'm new here so I don't know what you won, but Congratulations any way. It is great to have that accomplishment. We moved into our new home will be 2 years ago this coming November and I still get excited about having it. You enjoy it.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Trish