General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

View Poll Results: Which is better- WW or Richard Simmons?
WW Points Program 8 61.54%
Richard Simmons Foodmover 5 38.46%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2002, 01:48 PM   #1  
Simple is Good!

S/C/G: 345/323.6/299

Height: 5'6"

Question WW vs Richard

I really want to start a good program to help me lose the 170 extra pounds I carry with me everywhere.

Which program do you think is better? WW or Richard Simmons?

Why? How much will it all cost? I'm a poor graduate student and that is definately a consideration.

Thanks for any advice you can give me!!!

Last edited by Freedom&Light; 03-25-2002 at 04:31 PM.
Old 03-25-2002, 08:40 PM   #2  

I've never tried either one but I think Richard is better.

He gets you laughing "even if it's cause he's stupid" and laughing is said to be good for your heart <for health and happiness>

Moving is another good way to lose weight; he'll show you that.

AND he also has a weight watching plan of his own. It comes with a nice schedual and points that are just like W.W You put a check mark infront of meat when you have a serving of meat and then do the same with other foods.

Phoebe

Sorry I don't know the price but I would guess Richard is cheaper because you could just watch the show or buy a tape<how ever he does it >

With W.w you have to spend on food AND services AND other hidden promotions I sure they have.

Last edited by Phoebe2; 03-25-2002 at 08:44 PM.
Old 03-28-2002, 04:03 PM   #3  

Where I live, WW costs $30 to join, $10 a week until week 8 when it goes down to $8 a week until you reach goal and maintain it for 6 weeks. After that, it's FREE as long as you stay no more than 2 lbs above your goal weight. Richard Simmons' "Food Mover" thingy usually comes as a set for $39.99. Richard's plan is basically the diabetic exchange system and WW uses "Points", which depending on your current weight ranges from 18-35 points per day. Each food is assigned Points, like sugar free yogurt 8 oz is 2 points, a slice of pizza 7 and there are lots of 0 point veggies you can fill up on. I'd order Richard's new "Blast Off" set if I were you. Includes 3 videos, food mover and other fun stuff. You can see them at either http://www.collagevideo.com or http://www.richardsimmons.com

Also, for convenience sake, you might want to try the Slim-Fast plan (I use the store brand, cheaper and tastier IMO) at http://www.slimfast.com Good Luck!

Edited to say WW does NOT have any hidden costs or contracts, and you eat what you buy at the supermarket.
Old 03-30-2002, 04:49 PM   #4  

I was in Walgreens yesterday and noticed in the section where they sell those specials you see on tv, some of them on the box says "As Seen on TV" (that section), they had Richards Food Mover that came with a recipe book. I think it was $19.99. When I got my food mover, I had to buy the whole kit and I already have tons of exercise videos and didn't need more.

Anyway, I just wanted to pass that on to you. I tried WW and Richard Simmons and I don't do as well on the point plan (WW's) as I do on a regular exchange plan. Thats where the Food Mover comes in very handy to keep track of what you put in your mouth. Also, exercise is the key to any plan. Now if I could just get myself moving again. Good luck in whatever you try.
Old 03-31-2002, 03:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/137/128

Height: 5 ft. 4.5 in.

If you need more on hands help, I would say WW because at the meetings, you can get more help and direction. However, Richard's program is better if you are the type of person who needs a structured program. Weight Watchers gives you more choices which can be hard for some people. If you ever used the old exchange WW program and did well on it (like I did) and not the points program, than Richard's program may be more for you. Like someone mentioned, WW can get expensive. I would be more inclined to give Richard's program a try but remember whatever you decide -- this is something you want to do for life and if you go back to your old ways, you will gain the weight back. Good luck in your decision.
Closed Thread