UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 07-20-2008, 06:08 PM   #1  
EmJ Taylor

S/C/G: 214/209/125

Height: five foot 3

Default anyone in London want to be weightloss buddies?

Hey everyone, I am a singer / actress from the uk and being in this business is tough and I am really overweight right now. I am about 220lbs and my goal is 125lbs.

I am finding it REALLY hard to motivate myself and I definitely overeat and comfort eat to try dampen depression and negative feelings.
I realise that to really lose weight it has to be a change in lifestyle, not a quick fix.

Anyone else around this weight wanting to get to a similar goal?
Would love to get to know more people on here for support!
It is late in the uk so I am starting tomorrow, and REALLY need to keep motivated.

What sort of things keep you all motivated?
What makes you stop binging, etc?

Am feeling really down and depressed about my weight as I know I could look so beautiful and so much better if I get to my goal.
Looking for weightloss buddies on here, hope to hear from some of you!

Much love to all!
EMJ
emjtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:51 AM   #2  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

im from Hereford....
dont know if youve heard of it....
but if u want my support you can certainly have it!....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 264/250/140

Height: 5ft 9"

Hey doll! I am originally from Essex but now live in Shropshire. I have done some time as a stand up comedian so I know a bit about the biz and know how much it takes to lay yourself open to the public. In my field though it is acceptable to be fat, probably more than to be slim, less threatening maybe, but its hard to be 'public meat' and be unhappy with yourself, and it keeps that cycle going to doesnt it, feel crap, eat, feel crap, eat!
I am aiming to get to 140lbs, having 136lbs to lose to get there, although its actually 127lbs now!
I can see for your shy pic that your a pretty girl and have lots to give and I am sure your talented too.
You must also have a thick skin to be into show biz, or maybe like me and many others in this industry a lack of self respect!
I don't have all the answers, but we might have similar trains of thoughts, so if you wanna chat, then feel free to contact me!
Its hard to motivate you becuase I don't know you, but if your aim is to work in show biz then your gonna need to turn your negative reations into positive actions or you wont survive the rejections.
Hope that helps chickadee!
Bonjul
Bonjul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:08 PM   #4  
banned

Some times ago I was also about 225 but now I am just 195 and this gone through some physical exercise and controlling my regular routines. I used to eat protein foods too much instead of using fatty foods.
frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 05:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 177/161/140

Height: 5"8

Heya
Im from South london if thats any good.
Im on a mission of my life at the moment with this weight loss thing, but id find it easier with the support system and giving support.
I was in the zone for motivation a couple of weeks ago but for some reason its gone and i gained the weight back.
My incentive now is my birtday in november. Im hopin to post some pics of my journey soon if i can figure out how.
The binge thing happens from time to time, wether it be emotional or boredom.
If i find the secret to it your more than welcome to share it with me.lol
Good luck with your goal and if ya wanna chat im here
mwah mwah
jade

xxx
Dark Angel Jade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:42 AM   #6  
Hatchling

S/C/G: 160/146/122

Height: 5'2"

Morning! I'm from North London.

I'm trying to get back into walking as I love it and I was at target (or very very close to it) when I was walking 5 times a week.

I have had 2 days of trying to control my binges (my thing is sugar/carbs) and yesterday. Yesterday I had a day of no white carbs at all and I've been rewarded by a 3 lb water loss this morning. This has given me a boost to stay on plan today.

I always think that 1 or 2 days on plan gives me the motivation to carry on, it's just 'starting'

Good luck today, we're all here if you need a rant.

Lou
x louise x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:39 AM   #7  

South London here - I've just joined here, and although I want to lose a relatively small amount of weight (7 to 10 pounds) I've been watching my weight for over 2 years (I lost 22 pounds then) and I need constant reminders / motivation to stay on target (hence the weight gain in the past few months).
I agree with Lou that it's the starting which is the most difficult - making the decision is half the battle!
And the support network is absolutely crucial.
So, welcome!
Vivelavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 06:33 AM   #8  

Hello! I am in West London but have lived in South East London. I am about
205.1 pounds 0r 93KG or 14st 6lbs.
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote