Old 07-20-2008, 06:05 PM   #1  
EmJ Taylor

S/C/G: 214/209/125

Height: five foot 3

Unhappy WHO WEIGHS OVER 200lbs? LOOKING FOR WEIGHTLOSS BUDDIES!

Hey everyone, I am a singer / actress from the uk and being in this business is tough and I am really overweight right now. I am about 220lbs and my goal is 125lbs.

I am finding it REALLY hard to motivate myself and I definitely overeat and comfort eat to try dampen depression and negative feelings.
I realise that to really lose weight it has to be a change in lifestyle, not a quick fix.

Anyone else around this weight wanting to get to a similar goal?
Would love to get to know more people on here for support!
It is late in the uk so I am starting tomorrow, and REALLY need to keep motivated.

What sort of things keep you all motivated?
What makes you stop binging, etc?

Am feeling really down and depressed about my weight as I know I could look so beautiful and so much better if I get to my goal.
Looking for weightloss buddies on here, hope to hear from some of you!

Much love to all!
EMJ
emjtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/216.6/140

Height: 5'6

My goal is similar! We can do it! Baby steps.
flutestarkiss9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:57 PM   #3  
LeylandMiniChick

S/C/G: 211/199/132

Height: 159cm

hi there, i'm jess from Brisbane, Australia. Welcome to 2FC! my goal is very similar to yours also - i had a starting weight of 211 and i want to go down to about 60kgs (130 pounds i think). I have a big problem with comfort eating and eating when i am bored however i have found a few things to motivate me.
At the moment my main motivation is my wedding in 2010 and also that i want to be able to do burlesque/dance classes and not feel like the elephant in the room. sometimes i feel like thaose goals are so far away and what's the point, so i set myself mini goals and promise myself treats for meeting those goals - like shopping sprees, manicures, facials, a trip to Movieworld (like disneyland).
i also find it a big struggle to motivate myself into doing exercise as i am by nature pretty lazy. however i am buying an exercise bike so i won't have any excuses while i'm watching tv. I also walk my dog who gives me the puppy eyes when he wants to go out and i don't even think about the exercise i'm doing while walking him.
As for binging, i make myself wait before i eat. if i am eating something i really like (such as chocolate) i will have a small amount and then put the bag away while i drink a big glass of water and go for a walk around the block. if i am still hungry when i come back, i will have another small amount and repeat the glass of water and walk. usually by the time i am back after the second walk, the water has made me feel fuller and i don't go back to the cupboard to get the bag of lollies out again.
Good luck!
swae85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:08 AM   #4  
Cynicism and Smilies

S/C/G: 245/237/145

Similar goal here too, and I started recently (both on the weight loss and 3FC). I'm trying out smashing to reset my taste buds a bit from the fast food cravings, but otherwise just being healthier and exercising (for once!).

I'm trying to stay motivated because I have no desire to hit 25 in a year and a half and be at my worst shape.
As for stopping binging, brushing my teeth whenever I have a craving works well for me ^^
I've also been grocery shopping in a health food store that leaves me very little in the choice of "sweets" - if I can't buy them, I can't take them home. If I can't take them home, I won't be sitting on my couch trying to exert willpower over not getting up and eating them all
flabbyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Wow, our stats are almost identical...I'd love to be your weight loss buddy! I'm an actress and singer as well, though not as a career, more as a hobby. I'll post in more detail within the next couple days, right now I'm putting off bed time to be on here, lol.

[PS] Such a gorgeous profile pic...LOVE the purple eyeshadow.
x meowkat x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:22 AM   #6  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

I am in the low 200's right now although I have no desire to be nothing less then about 180 we can all help motivate each other. My short term goal is 199 but I am pretty sure that once I get to that weight I would want to lose more. I have a pretty solid frame so i dont want to be no more than 180 or so. Welcome aboard and the best of luck!
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:55 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 235/213/145

Height: 5'6"

i weigh 213 and would love to weigh 130. my big problem is comfort food! that seems to be a pretty common problem. my mini goal is to lose 14lbs so that i'm under 200. i want to do this by sept. 1. my other big problem is that i hate exercising. i enjoy walking, but only with a partner.
vblizard8756 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 03:00 PM   #8  
Pretty in pink

S/C/G: 274/262/240 for now

Height: 5'2

Hi there girls!

I am just under 250, but I am down from where I was ...

It's a long road.
PudgyFlamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 01:57 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/216/135

Height: 5'8"

Default hey!!!

Hey!! I started at 220lbs (about two weeks ago) and just sorta started watching what I ate, but I need to lose a LOT more. :-) I have a vacation planned for the first two weeks in August, but after that I'm going to hit it hard-core!!! I'm planning a wedding for next may and I need to get this weight off as soon as possible so I can start trying on wedding gowns. don't want to be a fat bride...

...anywho! I need a buddy with similar goals (...and starting point!) I tried everyone in my house, and everyone backs out on me at the last min.

By the way, you are beautiful... and its so sad to me how much image rests on size and not talent

Good luck! and ... Nice to meet you!

Ginessa
P.S. where in the uk? We are trying to travel all over Scotland for our last big family trip before I get hitched. :0)
ginessalenea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 12:54 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjtaylor View Post
Hey everyone, I am a singer / actress from the uk and being in this business is tough and I am really overweight right now. I am about 220lbs and my goal is 125lbs.

I am finding it REALLY hard to motivate myself and I definitely overeat and comfort eat to try dampen depression and negative feelings.
I realise that to really lose weight it has to be a change in lifestyle, not a quick fix.

Anyone else around this weight wanting to get to a similar goal?
Would love to get to know more people on here for support!
It is late in the uk so I am starting tomorrow, and REALLY need to keep motivated.

What sort of things keep you all motivated?
What makes you stop binging, etc?

Am feeling really down and depressed about my weight as I know I could look so beautiful and so much better if I get to my goal.
Looking for weightloss buddies on here, hope to hear from some of you!

Much love to all!
EMJ
Hi EMJ, I started out well over 200 lbs, and was closer to 300 than I am to 200. ( Which I noticed the other day actually ) I overeat to comfort, and out of bordem. I keep learning on a daily basis to eat only when hungry and to not medicate myself. Things that keep me motovated is I am starting to tell the diff when I see pics of myself, I have some posted in the 100 lb club, here is a link to it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146473 I know i enjoy seeing others progress photo's and it is inspiring to see changes in other posters here. I am getting compliments from others, and my sister has told me a lot of ppl she knows has mentioned to her that it looks like I have lost weight ( I guess they don't want to mention it to me ) which is fine by me cause it still means they are noticing! When I know I am overeating, I look down and realize this is not smart, it contridicts everything I have worked so hard for already, and I WILL NOT do this 55 lbs lost so far over again. It's not something I am going to do. I will succeed. Knowing and telling me these things, makes me stop binging.

Much luck to you EMJ, we will all do this together, this site is amazing, and I would not be as far as I have come with my weight loss efforts if it wasn't for the wonderful ppl on 3FC.

Last edited by Smiling_Sara; 07-27-2008 at 01:47 PM.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 02:49 PM   #11  
One Day At A Time...

S/C/G: 225/195/160

Height: 5'5"

Hi,

I also weigh over 200lbs. I would like to be down to about 150. I haven't weighed myself in a while. But I do have problems losing weight. I have a gym membership, which I actually started using every week since June. So that's a big accomplishment. I never used to exercise. But I feel that until I start eating healthy and lifting weights (I would like a trainer, but don't know if I can afford it yet), I won't get very far.

I have a scale at home, but I don't want to buy batteries for it because I know my eating has been terrible lately. I'm not sure how to stay motivated on a day-to-day basis, when I don't see daily results. I did however run for 20 minutes straight on Friday. It was an accomplishment for me since, before June, I didn't exercise at all.

But I'm sure you'll have plenty of weight loss buddies on the site.

By the way, what type of music do you sing? I love singing, but don't have the confidence to do it in front of people. How did you get into singing?
Kaethus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 05:34 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 240/200/180/150/130/110

Height: 5'5

Lightbulb Needing Buddy Too!

Im a newbie to 3FC and to dieting, starting both today!! Im 17st 3lbs and want to get down to 10st 3lbs!! I could really do with a buddy!! Im in the UK (Wales) and i think our goals are pretty similar (give or take a few lbs). Give me a shout!
Rhianwen is offline   Reply With Quote