Old 07-15-2008, 04:12 PM   #1  

Default embarrassing confession:

im 80 points over this week . . . EEK!!

but here's the thing: just seeing that number... it's a total eye-opener. i didnt even realize i could eat so much. but on 2nd thought hrmm its clear that i have gone months and months and months under my old WOE doing just that... and probably far worse. and now TRACKING MY POINTS (even though it seems futile when im so freaking off plan) MAKES ME SEE IT !!

so i just wanted to let you all know that i made a mess (and i do understand that 80 points is a pretty big mess) of it this week to 1. get it off my chest 2. laugh at myself a little 3. feel a little shame and 4. let any "failure" out there know they're not alone!!

missed my last 2 WIs too. so 2 weeks without meetings, and oof i eat a ton of junk food?? reeeally?? ahh so thursday i plan to go. it really is just a matter of coming to terms with the FACT that i havent worked hard lately, and the scale knoooows it.

anyway despite this week's disaster, today ive rededicated.

is/has anyone been in the same/similar place and wanna join/share with me?
partypantalones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 262/ See Ticker / 150

Height: 5' 4"

Not yet, but I can sure sympathize! There ARE days when I just want to order that fatty, greasy pizza and eat the whole thing! There are so many things that I miss, and I don't eat yet because of that, it wouldn't take a whole lot for me to do that if I let myself go!
Chey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:02 PM   #3  
LeylandMiniChick

S/C/G: 211/199/132

Height: 159cm

i havent been there yet either but i have been very tempted! it's good that you taking responsibility for your food choices, remember that tomorrow (or today) is a new day and you can always start again!
swae85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:03 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Believe me, I know just where you are coming from! I think I've topped 100 extra a few times, but by then I just stop counting. Good for you remaining accountable about what you are eating, that is a huge step in the right direction! Also thank you for posting this, I'm sure someone will come across it and be just what they need to see. Sometimes we need a reminder that we're not alone, we're all human, we all mess up from time to time and get detoured. So thanks!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:51 AM   #5  
Strong on the inside

S/C/G: 197/197/145 HW: 233

Height: 5'4"

I, too, know your pain. I've given in (within the last month!) to pizza and cannolis and home-made ice-cream... but I just gave up altogether trying to count the points for those things. You did better than I did: at least you kept counting and could quantify the damage done!

I'm just the person who needed to see this post, too... Lately I've just come back from vacation, and I'm trying hard to get back into my regular routine of writing down what I'm eating and making sure to exercise and drink my water daily. I think Suite is right: we just have to think of it as a "detour" rather than a "failure"!

Keep up the good work!
aerotigergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 11:19 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

I'm pretty sure that I ate way over my point limit on 4th of July weekend, but was just too ashamed to write anything down. Anyways, I'm glad that this has been an eye opener for you and that it helps to keep you accountable. When I weighed in after that disasterous weekend, I had gained 1.6 lbs...so I know what happens when I don't write everything down.
Poolsoflaughter is offline   Reply With Quote