Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 07-15-2008, 02:58 PM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Talking Taking A Stand! The (If I may) Jiffy Challenge!

So Our Beloved Jiff has inspired me!!! I've been in the process of getting back on the Healthy Lifestyle Horse since we got back from SIL's Funeral. I'm rereading Beck and have gotten some seated exercises to do while my foot heals (Chairboxing Comes tomorrow!)
That being said I've been doing a lot more Planning than Action Taking.
It's time to take a stand (if I could stand on a chair and say My Captain my Captain I would but my foot has other plans)

Action Plan!
1. Remember my Vitamins and Hydration!!!!
2. Get My balance of protein Veggies and Fiber
3. Journal!
4. Most Important EXERCISE

So Who's In?
Whether you're back in the driver's seat or still studying for your Permit Let's take a stand for ourselves and our health!
Love,
Kier
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:23 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

does this mean that we're going to have to start one of those accountability threads that every other forum on 3fc has??? might not be a bad idea, except that i'm REALLY BAD at filling those things out.

but maybe if we set it up as 'this is my focus area right now, and this is how i'm doing' i can handle it.

thanks, Kier!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 11:22 PM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I say it's a this is my focus kind of thing and if you want to be accountable you can.
It's hard in a lot of othr threads to discuss food since our bods work a bit differently
ANyawy the hour is growing nigh and I'm pooped!
Kier
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:03 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I'm in.. but I'm like Jiffy..not good at filling those things in every day.

I need to:
Eat smaller portions / eat slower
Drink more water and less coffee
MOVE MY BUTT!!!

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:08 AM   #5  
my girls

S/C/G: 379/341/180

Height: 5'7

i want to get a new dr. i love him but his staff sucks! i want to be able to get something to my stomach without throwing it back up first. i want my kidneys to get some water so they can produce some pee. is that focused enough. i hate this. i have been stuck on 50 pounds for the last month. i got my band tightend, didnt eat for six days before they called me back. i had that cc taken back out. i got my band tightend again on last tues, it is wed and i cant hold anything down. i finally cussed somebody this am so i have an appointment at 12pm. i am at the end of my rope and somebody needs to tie a pretty bow. lol i cant eat so i lose six or eight pounds, as soon as i can eat again, i gain it back. when i got it on tues, i lost six pounds the first 3 days. now, i have gained 7, and i cant eat. something is just wrong with my body. i dont eat breakfast, lunch (i try, but it is embarrasing to throw up at my desk. i can even get tuna down. just protein shakes at work) so for supper i can play with it and throw up if i need to get something down. and i am too weak to exercise. i just cant get this right. i hope i didnt make a mistake by getting this band. i am happy for the weight i have lost, but this is alot of trouble. i just want to eat, and drink WATER!
mistymed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:29 AM   #6  
RNY 3/1/06

Height: 5'2" and shrinking

OK Ladies, I'm in on this challenge. After 2 1/2 years, I have started to get lax with my journal, so need to fill that out every night before I go to bed. I, like Jiffy, need to cut back on the crackers (& popcorn) snacking. My protein is good (70-90 daily), I do the vitamins, calcium & fish oil daily. I am still holding the weight, but I'm flabby because I stopped walking daily.

My focus:
Less Carbs
Only eat at designated time (3 meals + 1 snack)
Journal daily
Walk daily
Loodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:55 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Misty what are you eating when you can eat thats causing you to gain? You should be able to eat, something. I would suggest going back to your doctor and getting a slight unfil so you can eat and drink. The band is a sloooow weight loss process, it should be 1 - 2 lbs a week and no more. I'm sorry your having such a rough time with it... please be gentle with yourself... it really takes time.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote