General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-13-2008, 11:44 AM   #1  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Default Shark found in swimming pool

Quote:
Sydney - A shark was found in a swimming pool at one of Sydney's most popular beaches on Friday, apparently swept into the baths by a freak wave.

The one-metre shark turned up in a rock pool situated next to the open ocean at Cronulla beach.

Cronulla Surf Lifesaving Club spokesperson Robyn Cole said fisheries officers netted the shark and released it back into the sea unharmed shortly after members of the public reported its presence in the pool on Friday morning.

"It was quite calm, just swimming happily up and down at one end of the pool," she told AFP.

"It's funny, though, because we have swimmers who come here at 06:00 every morning to do laps. It's still dark then and they mustn't have even noticed it was there."

Cole said the shark must have been swept into the pool overnight by a large wave.

"It's the first time we've had a shark in the pool," she said.

"We've had seals sunbaking there before, and get dolphins at the beach all the time, but I've never heard of a shark getting caught in a pool before."
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 11:58 AM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Wow! I cannot imagine doing my laps in the pool to discover that the guy next to me is not a lawyer, but a real shark! Ok, I'm only kidding about the lawyer, but I just HAD to take the opportunity to make the joke. Thanks for posting this interesting (to say the least!) story.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 01:48 PM   #3  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Imagine being a kid when you first saw the movie "Jaws". Was terrified of any water (even a bath)... then you grow out of your fear.... only to come face to face with a shark in a POOL when you get older.
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 01:54 PM   #4  
No description available.

That's really scary.....I can honor and respect sharks for how important they are to our world, but I would not want to find one in an enclosed body of water during an early morning swim.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 01:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

One meter isn't terribly big, though. About 3ft long.

Still it would be freaky to dive into the pool and come face to face with a shark - no matter how big or little!

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 02:24 PM   #6  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Oh, I'm going swimming in a black bottomed pool today!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote