Old 07-09-2008, 06:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/ see ticker / 277

Question Using Pure and/ or LA products?

I'm still very new to the forum and the search function hasn't been friendly to me, so please excuse me if this has already been asked and answered.

I was a member of LA that changed to Pure, so now I get all my products (bars, drinks, etc.) from ebay. I only buy the items in packaging that looks similar to the products that I got from my center before it closed. My question is, can I use the products from LA as well, or would that be a bad idea? Are they basically the same thing, just different packaging?

Also, I currently have the purple "Eating Smart" cookbook, and I see a "Cooking Light Naturally" cookbook, which I'm assuming is from LA. Can I use this cookbook too? Does it have the same recipes as the "Eating Smart"?
MACGlossChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

From what I have seen, different parts of the country have slightly different packaging. So I wouldn't be too very concerned about it. The products will vary a bit also. The thing to be aware of is that some of the products for sale on e-bay may be a bit old, so be sure to ask about the expiration date. I was given some bars directly from LAWL in San Francisco that my daughter's room mate had (her mother worked as a counselor at LAWL for a time and had given the kid a ton of bars, but she didn't want to use them). They had slightly different flavors and different packaging, but were just about the same as far as results go.

LA and Pure started out as the same thing, but there was some sort of a dispute inside the company and they split, so the products are pretty close to each other.

Last edited by BarbaraB; 07-09-2008 at 09:00 PM.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 03:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 166/160/140

Height: 5'4"

Now that my bars are dwindling down, I've been using Luna Bars (which were recommended by my Counselors when Pure shut down). I also read the nutritional labels on other bars -- if they're similar in calories (about 170-190), fat count (5 grams or under), and Protein (8-10 grams), I figure they're a good substitute. High fiber is a bonus, but harder to find.
I've found that Special K makes a bar that fits this, as do SOME of the Kashi Go Lean (watch out for the chewy ones and the rolls, as they are higher in calories). I've also found some substitutes at Sam's Club and on line at Drugstore.com (haven't tasted the latter yet, as they just came yesterday).
Hope that helps -- and maybe saves you some money.
threegreygirls is offline   Reply With Quote