Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-08-2008, 03:59 PM   #1  

Default I can't stop =(

I've gained so much weight this past month due to compulsive binge eating. I was doing so well on my diet then I snapped and binged...and I am STILL going. My ENTIRE LIFE I have been trying to lose weight. I lose some, gain more, lose some, gain more. I have never ever been happy with my body. I was actually on a healthy diet too, rather than my usual restricting diet. I feel awful. I am mentally anxious, I have given up hope on myself. I think of my weight 24/7, and I have been on a non stop quest to lose weight since I was a teen. I just feel bad and I can't control myself anymore it takes too much to keep fighting.....just needed to vent. I feel extra bad cuz I got my period ..pms...

Last edited by lily780; 07-08-2008 at 04:07 PM.
lily780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Lily--Are we the same person? You sound exactly like me. You can stop, at least for one day. Then, after that one day, think about the next, and go from there.

It's important to identify and throw away your trigger foods.

You can do it! Good luck!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:45 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris81 View Post
Lily--Are we the same person? You sound exactly like me. You can stop, at least for one day. Then, after that one day, think about the next, and go from there.

It's important to identify and throw away your trigger foods.

You can do it! Good luck!
Maybe we are the same person. lol. I just think in my head "there is no point because eventually I'll go back to compulsive eating and gain it back". I ate soo much today it's not even funny, and I am not even full! I am planning my day out tomorrow. When to exercise, and what to eat. I have to change before I gain ALL the weight back. Thanks for the support
lily780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:57 PM   #4  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

As soon as you pick up that next snack, walk to the trash can and throw it away...ALL of it! That's what I started doing. I just told myself "I'm an adult and I can do something as simple as saying NO to something that's bad for me." Just think about how horrible you'll feel afterwards, physically and emotionally. All it takes is a moment to take control of the situation.
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 08:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 138/127/120

Height: 5'4

You've come too far too take orders from your food! Take back control, tell that food NO! Scream it out loud if you have to, and then toss it. Instead of eating, go for a walk. Stay active. Anything to keep from eating bad food! You can do it! We all believe in you.
Zima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 140/111/103

Height: 5'1

I had the same problem. Because I was thinking about food 24/7, I ended up bingeing because it just put me under so much pressure. Try writing down all the food you're gonna eat the next day, with tasty snacks that you'll look forward to. If you're not depriving yourself you won't feel the need to binge. You can do it!
sm177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:09 PM   #7  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

I absolutely relate. I have been eating about 600+ calories more than i sh
ould for the past 2 weeks and I keep trying to stop and I cant. I think we all got through stages of this. Its awful I know, but you just have to try to do little things.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:18 PM   #8  
ready to stand

S/C/G: 172/ticker/115

Height: 5'1

That's how all of my plans end up.. with me eating even more than before.

But, now, I always say to myself "You can't give up. You need this more than anything." I'm doing this for my body. I'll live a longer and healthier life if I just stay on track.

Start today. And make sure you know what you're doing it for. For your health and your happiness.
MelodyLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 02:29 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/120

Height: 5'2

First you need to stop treating yourself like crap. Beating yourself up is just going to make you want to eat more.

You CAN stop.You are worth it. You are a beautiful person. You have the right to feel great about youself and to be happy. And so what you fell off the wagon just jump right back on!

Stop Obsessing over how much you weigh. It is just a NUMBER.. It doesn't define who you are. Focus on healing your body inside and out and becoming healthy.
Jonsgurl0531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 10:35 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

lily780,

I've gained 20 pounds since January because of bingeing that careened out of control like never before.

I feel awful. I am mentally anxious, I have given up hope on myself. I think of my weight 24/7 This sounds exactly like me a few days ago. I had a good day today...

I'm just focusing on one day at a time, pursuing interests and taking care of myself, and learning how to love me no matter what size I am. Best wishes!

just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 11:01 PM   #11  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

I've been bingeing for over a month now.
I hate it. I know I'm doing it. I know better.
I just can't seem to stop
My pants that were loose just a month ago are getting tight again.
This sucks.
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 09:53 PM   #12  

Sounds like there's a lot of us in the same boat! When I've been really bad binging, I have to treat myself like an alcoholic and force myself to be good in tiny increments of the day--you know, "I won't eat anything for the next 30 minutes." Then I set another one...of course that keeps food on the mind. The key, I think is to be BUSY, so that food isn't an option! good luck
gmdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 01:46 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

I absolutely relate, too.

I'd be fine all day at work (didn't want anyone to actually see me eating) and then I drive by the grocery store on the way home from work. I would start thinking of what I'd buy hours before the day was over...it made me happy. I'd get home before my husband and I would consume massive amounts of food - bags of chips with jars of queso cheese, entire packs of oreos, pints of ice cream, boxes of crackers. I'd basically eat ALL of what I just bought because I didn't want my husband to see a box of crackers half eaten that wasn't there the day before...so I'd eat them all and leave no evidence.

I was 36, 5'6 and 231 pounds...and gaining steadily.

It pains me to read posts like yours because I've had that thought so many times! I'm doing better...not perfect (I still do binge once in awhile) - but I'm 100x better than I was just 4 months ago. Please don't give up!!!!
Lunula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:04 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 231/219/160

Height: 5'2 "

Anxiety is a big issue for me, too. But what really sends me back is the anger, close to rage, that comes up about 2 weeks of eating healthy. I don't know where it comes from or why is happens, but it happens EVERY time I commit to losing weight. I'm thinking of getting a punching bag and pound the heck out of it when that happens. Anybody else have this issue?
jrenzul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 01:02 PM   #15  
Queen *' Carbs

S/C/G: 155/147/135

Height: 5'8 1/2"

Default :(

Lily, I know exactly what you're going through. It always seems that right when you think you're doing well, the old bingeing habit rears its ugly head and ruins all the progress.

When you binge after being so 'good' for so long, it usually spurs a whole succession of binges. People tend to think that slipping up once is a reason to abandon the whole challenge, and that's what really ends up hurting you. One isolated binge isn't going to do much damage in the longrun - but weeks of compulsive eating will.

In my experience, there's always a reason that someone gets caught up in a binge/diet cycle. In your case, it almost sounds like you might be sabotaging yourself (unconsciously) by letting the binges take control. If you fall off the wagon once, you can make the decision to pick yourself up and keep moving forward towards your goal. The next time you have a binge, don't let it take over your life. When it ends, it's over - that's your cue to move past the one-time experience and keep making the same effort you had been making before it ever happened.

A lot of people on this forum like to keep track of their binge free days by number ("I've made it XX days without bingeing".) The problem with that is that when and if you do binge, your entire record goes out the window - so you feel guilty and as though you've failed, which sets you right up for another binge. What worked for me: instead of thinking about how long it's been since I binged, I like to keep track of how much LESS I binge than I used to. For example, say you go three weeks binge-free, then have a slip-up, move on and then go three more weeks binge free, say "Wow, I've only binged one time in six weeks! That's pretty great!" I know it sounds sappy, but putting things into a positive frame really does make you feel much better - and remind you that you CAN do it!

Last edited by chitownchica14; 07-17-2008 at 01:04 PM.
chitownchica14 is offline   Reply With Quote