WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2002, 10:36 AM   #1  

Question Morning Star Farms Chili and Cornbread Pot Pie

Has anyone tried these? According to my calculations they are 7 points. I also so they have a veggie pot pie. Im pretty excited and hope im not disappointed!!
Old 03-23-2002, 08:44 AM   #2  

OOOOOh, where are you? They're not here yet, I'll have to look for them! I was telling DH just the other night that I desperately missed pot pies, they don't make them for vegetarians. And now there is one! I can't wait. Morningstar Farms is usually really good, yay!
Old 03-25-2002, 09:46 AM   #3  

I'm in New York. THe chili pie was very good. I overmicrowaved it though.. Next time it will be better!
Old 03-25-2002, 11:38 AM   #4  
Life Time 2001

I bought the Morning Star Vegetarian Chili.

I couldnt stomach it and dump it out. I generally like thier Products but this wasnt good at all to me.
Old 03-25-2002, 11:42 AM   #5  

I tried the veggie "chicken" one. Not bad. The inside (carrots, peas and "chicken" pieces) was a little gloppy but it had a nice taste and the crust was crispy. They have a special box for the microwave that makes it crispy.
Old 06-04-2002, 03:03 PM   #6  

I've been wanting to try the Morningstar Farms products and have been a little hesistant to do so...I'd like to eat more vegetarian items.

it's not so much the flavor I'm worried about, it's the texture. My friend loves their stuff and is trying to convince me to bite the bullet.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

~green
Old 06-04-2002, 08:07 PM   #7  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Angry

Sure, give them a try. I like the original Gardenburgers and have tried the Italian sausage and breakfast sausages. Some of the products are better than others. Maybe you have a WW friend who would be glad to sample a few different boxes with you by splitting them in half. Give them a whirl. They point out beautifully and are a good source of protein.
Old 06-06-2002, 12:41 PM   #8  

I tried this too. I had to buy it twice though because the first time I got it the thing thawed out slightly by the time I made it at work and since the thing inside is in the little bowl type thing without plastic over it the cornbread topping has slid to one side and it was a huge mess. The second time I tried it I thought it was okay, but was lacking in flavor. Their pizzas that they are making are really good too. I know that I saw on the Boca site that they are now making a pizza too, however, I have not been able to find that in my area yet.
Closed Thread