Old 07-08-2008, 09:04 AM   #1  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Question How often do you?

Fall off the wagon? I am just wondering because over the weekend I just was bad. Trust me I understand that when your trying to change your eating habits there are times when you are going to eat things you shouldn't I pretty much think thats a given. BUT getting back into the swing of things hasnt been that hard for me but this week seems the hardest so far since I started working out and watching what I eat. I still workout but I find that when I get home its way harder to watch what I eat. At work its so easy but sometime when I get home I am tempted.

Anyways no matter how far you are in your journey I want to know how often do you think you fall off the wagon? What do you do to get back in the game when you do fall? Walking during my lunch brake with my co worker helps me alot. I know now I actually enjoy it and having a partner makes it so much easier.
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:50 AM   #2  
Feelin good in my skin

Height: 5'9"

Weekends are my downfall... I usually relax my dieting on the weekend by having a couple glasses of wine or some appetizers that I don't really need. Once a month or so I'll have cravings and eat off plan... However with South Beach - my cravings are minimal. I rarely feel like I'm cheating.
Marathon Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

what's "falling off the wagon"? Eating to many calories? Having a ince cream cone? a peice of cake? A greasy burger?

I might go over my calories once a week, but then I will work out more to try and balance it out. This past week was hard though, cause i was in a wedding so I wasn't home to eat on plan.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 175/163/130

Height: 5'3"

I've just started changing what I eat. I dropped soda, greasy fast food, and sweets all at the same time. My cravings are maddening. Hubby tells me that I can have a cheat day, but I'm terrified that if I allow myself to cheat, I won't be able to stop myself. So far, I haven't fallen off, but I've only been riding about a 1/4 mile so far.
FoxyMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

I have been "on this diet" since January. I was moving right along full steam ahead up until June 26. It was our family's annnual camping/rodeo trip. I had planned ahead with lots of 'on plan' food for me, and in the end I forgot to pack about half of it. I planned to do a lot of walking/biking while we were gone and it rained quite a bit of the time. So I was slightly off plan, then had a week of leftover goodies in the house. Although I didn't binge on any of it...I did have an extra treat most every day last week. THEN...it was 4th of July weekend. My eating was good...but I did consume many alcoholic beverages, thus too many calories (Dang Mudslides).

But I am back on track and have undone all the diet damage. Remember Falling down is not failing....not getting back up is.
KateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:27 AM   #6  
I just need motivation.

S/C/G: 258/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 7 inches

starting to fall..again.

If I miss just ONE WEEK of the gym and eat bad for ONE WEEK..that sends me on a spiral.

I went to the lake this past week..missed the gym and ate bad. I've been back since last Thursday and have only been to the gym once and I'm not going today either.

It's so easy to fall off.
illbehotoneday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:37 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by illbehotoneday View Post
starting to fall..again.

If I miss just ONE WEEK of the gym and eat bad for ONE WEEK..that sends me on a spiral.

I went to the lake this past week..missed the gym and ate bad. I've been back since last Thursday and have only been to the gym once and I'm not going today either.

It's so easy to fall off.
I haven't gone to the gym today either. I did the 20 minute Turbo Jam dvd instead, but I know it is not enough. I'm feeling very lazy today. If you go to the gym I will. Let's go! I think we'll both feel a lot better afterwards.
2fat2jump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:03 PM   #8  
I luv my curves

I find that when I work out with someone or a partner its much easier for me I have also found out that I dont like working out at the gym. I like being outside the gym bores me. I think being outside makes me feel like I am not working out...LOL although sometimes I have to workout at the gym at work if it rains during my lunch!
Old 07-08-2008, 01:51 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 187.4/147.4/129

Height: 5'2"

Really truly falling off? I started my lifestyle in March, and I've fallen 3 times. Fallen for/to ME is not a day or two... it's 1-2 weeks. It's a bad day, and another... and then I think "might as well keep going, my week is already ruined".. and the whole WEEK is bad. "Falling off" for me is a mental thing, too. It's a feeling that I've LOST control. It's a scared feeling.. each time I fall I think "I dont know if I can DO this anymore".. that's when I know I've fallen. Thankfully, all 3 times I WAS able to "get back on" and go ahead. And, hopefully I won't fall off anytime again soon!
Erika79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:32 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Yeah, depends what you call falling off the wagon. About once a week I'm in some social situation, and I eat differently than I do on my own. I don't consider it cheating, I consider it real life. I refuse to let eating well ruin the fun things in life. But, moderation is still the rule. I consider it falling off the wagon a little bit if I eat until I'm stuffed, or have more than a small portion of dessert, or have too many nibbles of way too many things So far, I've gone off track only a little bit on a couple occasions. No real "getting back on track" required. It was self-limited by the situation. But I absolutely do not consider a *little* looser eating in social situations to be failing. I consider doing so with moderation to be a big success. But it is not every day; that would be a problem. And I fully realize that everyone has different issues with food and overeating, and may have very different experiences and needs.

Oddly enough, I've found that most of the time I focus so much on portion control in a social situation, that when I go back afterward and fill in my FitDay, I end up low on calories and I enjoy myself at the social occasion to boot.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:10 PM   #11  
I luv my curves

Falling of the wagon to me is when I gain lbs in a matter of days and eat sweet foods and over eat. LOL as I said before I think its normal to eat things that arent good for you once in a while I just try to be good most of the time!!!! I am a junk food and carbs lover but I must admitt I have been doing pretty ok. I havent weight in the 230's in over three years.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:59 PM   #12  
Yarp.

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I consider one completely off-plan day (as in every meal was problematic) "falling of the wagon," in which case I fell of yesterday. I had Arby's for lunch and a chimichanga (with lots of sour cream and guac) for dinner. And then half a chocolate bar.

I think that was the second or third time I've had a day like this since I started my journey five or six weeks ago... I think. Maybe I'm blocking something out.

But I'm back in the saddle today.
UrsusMaritimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 06:08 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

Depends on how determined I am to lose the weight. I have periods that Ill go 8 months without putting a piece of cake, etc in my mouth. Then there will be 2 or 3 months Ill eat crap. Once I start to gain weight back, it sends me back into the weigh loss mode.
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 06:27 PM   #14  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

i kinda fall off the wagon in little ways often, maybe once every 3 weeks i'll have a bit too much dinner, or i'll have way too much dessert and then snacks and then cheese and then biscuits...you know how once you start you dont stop. I just try to remember not to do that (because while i do like exercising, i probably wouldnt do it as often as i do if i wasnt trying to lose weight, and i hate back tracking!), and when i DO do it i try to tell myself that nothing in weight loss is unfixable, and that just because i had a weak moment doesnt mean that I have any excuse to have a weak week or month, or that i should just give up
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 07:38 PM   #15  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

Height: 5'7"

fall off the wagon... hm, i consider fall off the wagon only when in 2 days i don't exercise, or when I overeat my calories in 2-3 days in a row (300 calories+).
I would feel really disappointed at myself, so I try to not to reach that time. But I will lift myself up and say "i shouldn't throw all of my hardworks for months just because of 2-3 days". SO yes, i'll get back on track.

But honestly, I treat my sweet tooth well. I still eat chocolate, cakes, candies, pizza, junk food, etc.... The difference now is that, if I do eat them, I'll just eat 1 small serving, and 1 time/day (NOT EVERYDAY THO). I might lose weight slower than everyone but I don't mind that. As long as I'm still losing, I shouldn't let myself crave for something and then later on just tempt to binge.

(But honestly, for some reasons, i start to dislike sweets. Maybe after enjoying natural sweets like fruits, I feel the artificial sweeten is just cr@p - no offend whoever likes them).

Last edited by Annita; 07-08-2008 at 07:39 PM.
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote