South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 06:13 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Make It A Marvellous Monday

Whew! Long weekends on both sides of the Canada/US border turn into a whole week of festivities around here. I am hoping things ease off a bit this week.

This morning (in less than two hours!) we do the school work judging over at the Fair Hall. Claire and Rob are helping me which is great as they are nice and tall and can do the display. The judge is a little dynamo of a retired school teacher who will whiz through the over 1200 entries. I am hoping we are done by noon.

Tonight I am out to dinner - again! This has been a difficult week after a pretty terrible month but tonight is the last of it for a while. I am going to my sister's for dinner with the Happy Couple who have stayed married since Saturday! I'm sure the food will be healthy as BIL has been recently diagnosed as Type II diabetic and both he and Joan are excellent and smart cooks.

The rest of the week will be dinner at home unless George Clooney calls!

How does your week look? Come and chat a bit.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:26 AM   #2  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Good Monday Morning.
at work by 6! leaving at 10:30 for the day to take DH somewhere.
plans this week
work work work
gym gym gym

NOTHING new or exciting in my life.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:32 AM   #3  
My inspiration!

S/C/G: 288/288/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi Ruth! I am with you on too many festivities! I have GOT to get back OP this week. And I plan to, today! This week was really my first off week since I started so I am feeling icky, discouraged, ect. So it is time to get tback to it!

I am thinking treadmill over lunch! Anyone else need to re-energize with me? We are having Gracie's baby naming Oct. 12 -- I'd like to be under 250 for that!! I gotta get on it today -- no more messing around! Maybe I'll even get that personal trainer scheduled finally!

I mean I am a better mom if I get this done, right? So I should do whatever it takes? Maybe DH and I could make our date night on Friday a tennis night? Well, I guess that's my pep talk to myself for today. It may have worked!
Old 07-07-2008, 06:55 AM   #4  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

yea down two#s.

found this post on calorie counting section thought it was interesting. it was in the post started with "how annoying (vent)" post #8 by fiberlover. sorry don't know how to bring it over here to make it easier.

"Why the scale lie"

not much new here today. get to see one of the two docs who did my surgery on wed. hope he clears me for some exercising. than just have to wait until the second one does. both had me on "do nothing". but saw them post-op three weeks apart. i have been cheating some and doing somethings i shouldn't have been. a person can go stir-crazy sitting around all day for 12 weeks. like eat, eat, oh did i mention eatting.

time for breadfast.
ttyl, chipper
Old 07-07-2008, 07:00 AM   #5  
Determined to lose!

Good Morning Ruth, sounds like you have a full day ahead... have fun at the newly weds!

Nat's mom.... I don't know how much "better" of a mom you would be, seems to me you make a great mommy now! To lose the weight would merely make you a "healthier" mom . good luck though!

As for me, I'm nervous about the interview today! For the first time since re-interviewing! This company seems like a great place to work, listed as top 100 places to work!

OK, so my son, who moved out this past Friday and Saturday, strolled in sometime after 11:30 last night (thinking was around 3 this morning)... and is inhis room. Only thing I can think is that he's planning to pack more of his things, clean his room and mow the neighbors yard for some cash. Yesterday he called me and asked me to take him shopping for food, I asked if he had money, he said no. "Joe, I'm sorry, but you moved out." I feel bad, had a hard (very hard) time at the store not buying him his normal things... but he wanted to move in with his friend and his friends mother... didn't mow the lawn last week before he left (before he knew he was moving out)... I feel I must stand strong and treat him as an adult, since thats what he wants. He doesn't work he doesn't eat! (but as any mother knows, to deny child is the most difficult thing in the world, esp. when all he wanted was food!)
Old 07-07-2008, 07:13 AM   #6  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all. quick hello and then I have to get to work. tons poured in yesterday and is waiting in my "in box".
Looks like it is going to be a nasty rainy day. yuk. Having a bit of a problem with my back...kept me up a lot last night.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:24 AM   #7  
jeep girl

S/C/G: 219/ticker/180

Height: 5'11

Good morning ladies!!

Seems like I should be walking in with my head hiding behind my hands....I've been SO far off plan I couldn't have found it with a map and a guide.

BUT....I'm back now and will hopefully find the conviction within myself to keep with it this time!!!

Happy Mondy everyone!
Old 07-07-2008, 08:40 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Happy Monday Morning,

Super busy at work no time for personals, just a quick hello
Old 07-07-2008, 09:00 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 152/120/120

Height: 5 foot 3 inch

Good morning. Started the day off well with a 5:30 a.m. trip to the gym for 30 min of elliptical and 30 min of resistance training.

Not working until the afternoon so I will be enjoying time with my girls this morning.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:09 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 215/195/160

Height: 5'8"

Good morning, it sounds like you've been busy, Ruth!

I've got a quiet week planned (well, as quiet as it can be with four sons underfoot now that school's out!).

On Saturday our neighbourhood has a garage sale so I'm supposed to be organizing some clutter to sell, but I woke up with a stonking headache (may be diet related?), and don't feel much inspired to do anything.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:10 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks, have to admit I'm happy to see Monday for a change! It was a long weekend of work. Yesterday the phone and internet went out completely, so spent the day troubleshooting that as well as the computer that will not boot. DD (as in dear dad, not darling daughters) came over and ran me a temporary line to my office so I can work today. Then my dear friend called and wanted to come over and spend the night as she had a huge fight with her DH (D not as in dear or darling, but as in d@*khead), so sat up talking with her until she decided to go home.

Ruth, George will be busy this week (DH IS away, you know). I'll send him over when I'm done. Hope the fair work is over quick.
Nessa, You ARE the new and exciting thing in your life. Exciting is over-rated anyway!
Nat's Mom, you are right to jump right back in and remotivate yourself!
Chipper, congrats on the 2 lbs.!
LoriAnn, that would be very hard for me too, but I think you are right to take a stand.
Cat, hope the back feels better. Good luck getting through all that work!
Welcome back mandyleigh! We've been waiting for you...
thunder, sounds like you are getting your week off to a great start!
Have a great day pearly!

Hope to be back later chicks, now I've gotta run as I have a meeting at 9:15.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:16 AM   #12  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Monday already the weekend sure did go by fast. I had a super 4th and a great birthday day as well.

Scale is up this week due to TOM visiting and I am sure a lil is from my bday weekend splurges.

Hope you chicks have a great day!
Old 07-07-2008, 09:30 AM   #13  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Morning Ladies!!! Happy Monday!

Ruth - Have fun getting the art projects up and judged. Those kids are going to be so proud of themselves! And btw.....GET BACK ON PROGRAM!!! Work it out, honey!

Nessa - Enjoy your time with DH today.

Nat's Mom -You can do this....we both can do it. I'm struggling to, but it's so worth it, even when it seems so hard. Hang in there. Enjoy your time on the treadmill this afternoon!

Chipper - Congrats on the 2#s down. Great work!

Loriann - Good to see you here again! Good luck staying strong with your son. I'm sure that's so hard, but I'm guessing it's for the best (for both of you). Hang in there!

Cat - I hope the work that poured in over the weekend will be fun projects to work on. Try to stay dry!

Mandy - Welcome back! And don't hang your head, hold it high for returning. Great work!

Pearlrose - Morning!!!!

Thunder - Great job with the exercise! Keep it up!

Lulu - Four boys!!! Wow! Good for you! Make sure you're getting your dairy and water in. That will help with the "flu". Welcome to the chat!

Schmoodle - You're a good friend. You seemed to have a sucky day, but you were there for your friend when she needed someone. Good job!

Gonna - Great new pic w/ you and dh. Have a good, on program week!

Me - Ok....so I'm really perturbed with the scale this morning. It says that I'm 2 pounds up. I know I wasn't that terrible over the weekend...in fact I was pretty go. But that scale is up and it sucks! Sometimes I really wonder if I have it in me to stay motivated for this long. Feeling a little discouraged today....can you tell?
Yesterday turned out to be so different than we had planned. On the way to church dh and I started smelling gas in the car. We had planned on going to play Frisbee golf w/ friends after church, but instead we took the car over to the friend's home and both dh's worked and fixed the car. I hung out w/ my friend and their little girl. It was very relaxing, but maybe my lack of activity increased the lack of pounds lost.....don't know. But today I'm all set, I have my food, I've already walked 2 miles....It'll be better next week......Right?
Have a lovely Monday, Ladies!
ENJOY!!!

Last edited by hmacneil6; 07-07-2008 at 09:31 AM.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:43 AM   #14  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Ladies:
I decided I'm going to work Ph 2. I've got most of my food for the week automated and just need to supplement some veggies. I'm also working beck which is helping my crazy brain.
Home today with a bad headache thats had me up since 2 am. Will post more in a bit
Ruth/Schmoodle can you guys let Ben Affleck Know I'm ready for a neck rub whenever he is? DH won't mind
Ruth you're retirement is more strenuous than my nonretirement! Do you have any spare energy?
Hi Nessa!
Nat it will make you a healthier MOm but the # on the scale doesn't make you good or bad!
Good Job Chipper!!
Lori I know that was hard but You have to Let him make his mistakes even if it means him eating Ramen ( I've lived on it a few times) he chose to make an adult decision
Hi Gonna!
Old 07-07-2008, 09:58 AM   #15  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hello chicks, I am back. Vacation was wonderful we had a great trip and have lots of pics that I will post a link to later, I still have to get them organized. Eating has been terrible and that is not even a strong enough word to explain it. Well I am going to get myself back on track I am feeling like crap and I am sure the it has everything to do with the 15 chocolate bars we bought at the lindt factory ( and yes I do mean 15 ) what was I thinking. ...... STUPID is a good word for that, although we did give 4 of them away. Well ladies have a good day, I must dash and get some stuff done so we can go to the beach after lunch. Enjoy your day.
Closed Thread