Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2002, 05:51 PM   #1  

Default LA Weightloss #45

I think we needed a new one.
Old 03-21-2002, 09:09 PM   #2  

Thanks Diane...the other thread was getting a bit long.

Mary...I am glad to see that you are still with us. Guess we are 3 in number....unless there are some lurkers.

I do not have the new cookbook. I have an older one I got for $5 on Ebay. It has a lot of the same recipes and many more. It does, however, use some soups and dressings in recipes that LAWL does not carry anymore. I like it though...especially just for ideas of things to do with veggies!

The center called and left a message today since I had not been in all week. I will go in Saturday...they will have to wait! I worked 42 hours in 3 days this week...things have been crazy!

I have been eating a lot of box meals again this week...so I am guessing I will maintain instead of losing, but we will see. Things should be much slower next week and I will get back on track. I am down almost 50 lbs so I guess I can not complain! I am healthier for it. Soon it will be more more more!

Have a great evening all!

:sheep: <--- where did they find this one?
Old 03-24-2002, 05:52 PM   #3  

Talking

HI ,EVERYONE HAVENOT POTED IN A WHILE.JUST CHECKING IN TO SEE HOW EVERYONE IS.CONGRATULATION TO EVERYONE ON THERE WEIGHTLOSS. TAKE CARE EVERYONE AND KEEP UP THE GOODWORK!

SW 1/4/02-----284.4
CW3/24/02--------258.2
GW-150:
Old 03-25-2002, 08:32 AM   #4  

I was still the same at weighin on Saturday, but I am not suprised since I worked 60+ hours this week. I ate at strange times and did lots of box meals and eating out. I am doing 3 day take off with oranges this week....mond, tues, wed. Hopefully it gets me back on track. When I go in on Saturday I will be out of the 240s!

Take care all!
Old 03-25-2002, 09:08 AM   #5  

Hi All:
Jibbelle I did not change much for the week either. I am in bad cycle that I keep repeating. I have been cheating once a week and not getting anywhere. I just have to set my mind to it and cut it out. I bought an extra week hopefully that is it.
How do you use the juice in the three day take off? When I started I used the oranges. Good luck with it. I think when we get stuck, we forget how far we have come.
Have a great week
Diane
04/06/01 201
03/23/02 139.2
goal 135
Old 03-27-2002, 12:08 PM   #6  

Talking

Hi Everyone,

So after a long weekend away at family events and eating in restaurants, I weighed in yesterday and stayed the same. Whew!

Diane, I did the two-day Take Off, which uses the juice. You mix 1/2 cup juice with 1/2 cup water for one serving, and then drink four servings/day. Combine that with six ounces lean protein, two green veggie servings, and two LA Lite bars. I lost 2.8!

I did the three day right when I joined. For the juice on that one, I mixed 5 ounces juice and 5 ounces of water and drank that three times day; all the protein I wanted, and four (I think) veggies.

Don't worry! You'll get there! You have to give us the low-down on stabilization!

Cheers,
Mary
Old 03-27-2002, 04:12 PM   #7  

Diane-

The juice I do for the three day is the same as mary described but only two servings per day. I can not believe these centers do not do things the same! You actually end up with a little bit of the juice left over. I substituted two oranges a day for the juice. I am on day 3 and I have done great. I only cheated once and had a girl scout cookie. It was one of the low fat ones though! I hope it pays off Saturday when I weigh in.

Take care all!
Old 03-27-2002, 08:06 PM   #8  

Angry

Oops!

Now that I think about it, you're right, Jibbelle! I think I just repressed those three days!

Cheers,
Mary
Old 03-28-2002, 08:26 AM   #9  

LOL...I do the same when I am on the takeoff! I am glad that the centers are doing at least one thing the same!
Old 03-28-2002, 09:14 AM   #10  

Hi Mary and Jibbelle:
Thanks for the info. I am not sure which one I want to do. The two - take off makes me feel so drained and the three day my center really doesn't allow it unless I am off program for two weeks. For the weekend I am just going to stick to program and not give in to this binging that I let back in.
I am glad you ladies are doing so well this week. Congrats Mary on your loss. Jibbelle those low-fat ones are not to bad I tried some at my sisters house.
Mary and Jibbelle how is your weekend going to be, I am going to my sisters on Sunday. Hopefully I will do O.K.
Have a good Day
Diane
04/06/01 201
03/27/02 139.6
goal 135 ( I am beeing so silly over 4 lbs.)
Old 03-28-2002, 03:31 PM   #11  

Talking

Hi Ladies!

A good weigh-in today, down 0.4! I'll take it!!

Luckily, this weekend won't be too hard, since there aren't any big family events or anything happening. We got that over with last weekend. I'll probably cook a nice Easter dinner...since I'm cooking, I get to determine the menu!

And the only Easter goodies around the house will be the couple little things I pick up for my 20-year old son, who'll be home for Spring break. I'll have to get him a peanut-butter bunny (he doesn't like the chocolate ones! Imagine!), a Cadbury egg, and some Peeps, all of which I can resist.

And, I'll probably get my hubby a big chocolate egg. But he can afford it!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Mary
Old 03-29-2002, 08:23 AM   #12  

Congrats on the loss Mary!!

Diane--
I can not believe how close you are! You are going to make it soon. Just hang in there!

I am soooo glad it is Friday. It has been such a long week. I have been working an insane amount of hours the last two weeks and the next three will not be any better. Once I get through April things are really going to slow down. THANKFULLY!

We have no Easter plans...I think I may cook for just my boyfriend, his Mom and I. Maybe a turkey breast or something simple. We are not buying a bunch of Easter candy...all my boyfriend wants is one Cadbury egg. That is easy for me!

I had a really good on plan week until yesterday when I had some snacks after work. I wasnt really hungry, just wanted to eat. Naughty naughty me! I am back on track today though, and I am hoping I will still do well at weigh in tomorrow. If I can just lose 0.7 lbs to bring me under 240 I would be SOOOO happy. We will have to wait and see.

Have a very happy Easter all!
Old 03-30-2002, 10:18 AM   #13  

Hey ladies!

I guess that take off really helped! I am down from 240.6 to 237.2. That is over 3 lbs!!! WOOHOO I am down a total of 50.8 lbs now. I finally made my Valentine's goal of 50 lbs. Now...I just have to keep it off!

My boyfriend informed me last night that we are having Easter dinner at our house (we live together). I am off to the store to buy food. This should be interesting....since I have never made a ham in my life! He wants to have ham, green bean cassarole, mashed potatoes, and dinner rolls. What am I going to eat?? I guess I will also make a big salad and maybe some kind of fruit thing. Not sure what yet. Maybe I will browse this site for recipes. Have a very happy Easter all! And stay keep you hands out of the easter candy! hehehehehe

Take care--
Marcie
Old 03-30-2002, 01:52 PM   #14  

Hey Marcie:
Great Job! You did the three day right. I mentioned it at my center today and they said it would not be effective. Congrats over fifty pounds guess your flying today.
I went to the center today but did not weigh in I am trying to go day to day, the manager was really supportive and she even did not try to sell me anything.
Mary your cooking now congrats also to you and thanks for the support you give.
I am doing pretty good today I had grilled chicken salad for lunch and a La delight for breakfast. and I am drinking all my water. Tomarrow should not be so hard I do not usually to not make a pig of myself in front of others.
Marcie after your 3lb. loss for doing the three day I think I am
going to do it on Monday and not bother saying anything to them
Have a great Easter
Diane
04/06/01 201
03/29/01 140.6
goal 135
Old 03-31-2002, 08:14 AM   #15  

Diane-

I did do the three day and that is what my center always tells us to do. They have never even mentioned the two day.

One time when I was stuck for a few weeks they also had me do a "5 day plateu break". I had to follow the plan without any free foods or limited foods. I also had to drink 12 glasses of water the first 2 or 3 days. I dont remember how much I lost, but I do remember that it helped get me unstuck. Maybe you can try that for a few days.

Have a happy Easter all!
Closed Thread