Old 07-04-2008, 06:01 PM   #1  

Default Is is possible to loose 7 pounds in two days?

Hi I'm new to this community but i'm excited to join!

Anyways my question is I started a diet this past wednesday and I weighed in at 267.7 and I snuck back on the today(Friday) and it said 260.2. That is the most weight I have ever lost in the first week and this is the most lax diet I have been on! I'm just eating whatever I want in very small portion and making better choices like fruit instead of french fries. I started swimming but it is nothing hardcore but I have probably cut my calorie intake by half easily. I have never lost this much, is this healthy? I'm never hungry so I just don't know lol
mandabear21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 06:05 PM   #2  

I lost 3 pounds in my first day... its mostly water weight. I lost 7 pounds in 4 days part of me is starting to think it isnt healthy
John89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 06:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/150/125

Height: 5' 6"

Have you checked your scale to make sure it's accurate. 7lbs lose is super exciting though... so congrats regardless. The best way to check a scale is to take a 10lbs weight and put it on the scale, if it says 10lbs then it's good. Healthy weight loss is 2-3 pounds a week, but it comes off pretty fast at first.
time2shine85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 10:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

Though it is exciting, it's mostly water weight that you lost. It would be impossible to lose 7 lbs of fat in two days, but it's common for people starting a diet to drop a bunch of water weight in the very beginning. I lost a lot my first week too.
Though it would be nice, don't expect the sudden massive drops on the scale to continue... After all, slow and steady wins the race. ^^

Last edited by Horo; 07-04-2008 at 10:19 PM.
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 10:46 PM   #5  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

It's very possible. Especially if you are heavier to begin with - you will lose a lot of water weight with some of the fat in the first few weeks.

Don't worry about it being too fast unless rapid weight loss lasts more than a few weeks. If you continue to lose a lot, you might want to review your eating plan.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 01:03 AM   #6  

I know I have just never lost that much even from water weight. Usually the first week I loose about 5-8 pounds. Not seven in two days lol.
mandabear21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 01:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I once lost 12 lbs in one week. Maybe 20 years ago. I'm sure it was mostly water, but it was water I was carrying around.

The problem with seeing these amazing numbers, is it can inspire crazy thinking, which can inspire crazy action.

The first few weeks of a weight loss attempt, or even occasionally a week or two in the midst of one, can throw us a small miracle on the scale, but it's the long haul that is really important.

Losing weight for the long haul is about moderation. Eating as much as you can and still lose weight at a moderate rate. Depriving yourself more in order to see larger results, can backfire quickly. But it isn't one week with a large loss that makes a plan unhealthy, it's the much bigger picture. Are you eating enough to be reasonably satisfied? Are you finding yourself cutting calories to uncomfortable levels in order to see a "bigger" loss? Are you going to want to QUIT if the weight slows to a more typical level?
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 04:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 136/132/118

Height: 5'7

Losing 7 lbs. that quickly could be possible. It will be all water, fat does not shed that quickly.
Slim81 is offline   Reply With Quote