Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-04-2008, 10:06 AM   #1  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Default My first depression since the beginning of my weigh loss journey ...

My favourite time is the end of each month when I find out how much I lost and when I can slide the bumblebee on my weight ticker to the right.

Well, at the end of June I was up for an unpleasant surprise. I weighed myself on Friday, June 27 (only because I was supposed to have phone call with a friend who is very suppportive of my weight loss program so I wanted to be able to tell her my current weight) and the scale said 184 plus some change. That was great, because I was 190 at the end of May.
Well, on Monday, June 30th I had an official weigh-in at the gym and so I hopped on the scale again in the morning. Duh - the scale said 186 and refused to budge. I got home from work and stepped on the scale again - 188! Just before I left for the gym (no food in between) I stepped on the scale again and I was 190 this time. I though, if this keeps up, by 10 o'clock pm I will weigh more than what I was in February (208 lbs). LOL
Of course I know about weigh fluctuations, water retention, and all that stuff, but it really depressed me because everything was going so nicely so far.
Anyway, I did feel like something was happening with me as I felt extremely bloated and suffered from Mittelschmerz (I am actually surprised English uses a German term for such a common phenomenon) to such a point, that I had to leave in the middle of an exercise class because I had severe cramps.

I won't even tell you how my mind betrayed me - heck, I WILL tell you because you have become my family so let's get it out - I ate at McDonald's that day - not once, but TWICE and I also had some Haagen-Dazs ice cream.
I sobered up from my pathetic wallowing very quickly and I was an example of clean healthy eating since then. My "bloat" was gone in 2 days and I returned to 184.

So, there you have it. I lost another inch at waist a 1/2" both at bust and hips. I definitely met my Canada Day challenge (I was supposed to be 188).

My exercise was a stalled a bit as I attended stupid class on Canada Day that put me out of commission for a few days (the class plus two days on heavy-duty digging and pulling out weeds of Jurassic Park proportions) - it was so bad that I almost cried with pain when I tried to sit down on the toilet. But it's better now and I was able to run this morning again.
Sorry for the ramble, I know it's kinda long.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 11:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Congrats on making it over the hump! And I love the word "mittelschmerz". I've never come across anyone else who uses that word, and I sure do get some funny looks when I use it!

Good luck in July!
auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 11:59 AM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey Tomato!

I really enjoyed your story of the scale nightmare--thanks for sharing it!

As long as you keep on coming back around to your plan, and don't just toss in the towel for a week or more, things will continue to work out!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 01:54 PM   #4  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Hey Tomato!

I really enjoyed your story of the scale nightmare--thanks for sharing it!

As long as you keep on coming back around to your plan, and don't just toss in the towel for a week or more, things will continue to work out!

Jay
No plans of tossing in the towel at all. I just realized how easy it is to get sucked - even though temporarily - into the 'all or nothing' attitude and frustration.
Thanks for the cheers though!
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 08:00 PM   #5  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Our emotions wield so much power don't they? I'm glad you came out of the "depession hole" SO fast, those are such key moments and prove that you can keep going long-term! Getting back on the horse is so much more important than falling off of it! Yay!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote