UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 07-03-2008, 10:14 AM   #1  

Default Any Knitters/Crafters here?

Yes yes it's relevant. You burn calories knitting, you know!

I just recently got on Ravelry and wondering if there are any other knitters/craftspeople generally here? Love to chat about my stash and my projects with some fellow addict...
PhatPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 02:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I just joined Ravelry a few months ago. I don't hang out there much, but I do wander around there occasionally. I also love etsy, and eventually want to put up my own etsy store. At 20 cents per item, and 3.5 % of the profits, it's a much better bargain (for most folks) than ebay.

I am addicted to crafting, and not just to a few select crafts. I'm addicted to learning new crafts. So, even though I have a room dedicated to crafting, it sometimes spreads into the living area (I really need a craft "barn").

I am learning to knit, and do more with afghan or tunisian crochet, but mostly do standard crochet. Since I found the yahoo group Knitting with Crochet Hooks, I'm picking up knit a little easier. I learned that Portugese knitting needles often look like crochet hooks, as they have little hooks on the working ends. I just happened to have a few duplicate afghan hooks, so I started knitting with those, and it was a lot easier for me.

Oh and I have most of the knitting looms that Provo Craft make (knifty knitter), and I've even made a few myself (using polymer clay, friendly plastic and cotter pins). I want to buy or make a sock loom to use with sock or fingering yarn. The looms are great when my fibro and arthritis are flaring, and my hands are too stiff to manipulate smaller needles or hooks.

I've made a deal with my husband about my two main addictions (craft supplies, and condiments). When I get my yarn stash to about 1/4 of its current size (currently several storage bins full), I will place a Smiley's Order (smiley's is a very cool yarn site, with a $40 minimum purchase). And when I get my condiment collection in the fridge down to four condiments, we're taking a trip to the "mustard museum" we saw on the food channel. Funny thing is, mustard isn't even my favorite condiment (I'd have to say that bread and butter jalapenos would be my single favorite, though by category and quantity first place would probalby go to ketchup, closely followed by salsa).

If we ever move into a house, rather than an apartment, hubby teases he will buy me a second fridge for my condiments.

Last edited by kaplods; 07-03-2008 at 02:12 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote